Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #15
I had to do the same to the hitch on my Nexus 32P gas class C. It's baffling why they installed it so low. Must be a lot less work for them. Solved the problem of rear end dragging out of small inclines.

Bob & Katie Cook

Estero, FL
BCook57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2014, 09:02 PM   #16
Nice review. I sure like this Super C Nexus!!!

TCHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:25 PM   #17
I have a Fourwinds 33sw with the residential fridge. I'm in Oregon, so it's not near as hot outside as say the southwest. That said I have been satisfied with the performance of the residential fridge. I've tested it out, and I've been able to be with out shore power for over well over 48hrs on good house batteries, without the diesel gen set needing to auto starting due to low amp/volts. I'm guessing this might change with poor quality house batteries or much higher ambient temps. I don't like it cold inside the rv, so I pretty much keep the coach 70 inside at all times. As a whole the residential fridge has a lot more space than any previous rv duel/triple power rv fridge, and residential fridges are designed to be on 24/7 year in and out and they aren't as much susceptible to being out of level as much as rv fridges running on gas. Again just my experience, and haven't found a reason to regret my purchase.
fryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:48 PM   #18
Great review. I am considering a Nexus, just wondering if you have anything to add now that you've had this for a while now. Would you feel comfortable towing with it? I ask because I wonder if this could pull my 24' enclosed car hauler which is about 8000 lbs loaded. Not having a engine brake is a concern. Thanks
db59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:23 PM   #19
I had the same concern and ended up buying the Thor SuperC on the F550 Diesel chassis. The Nexus seems a little nicer but towing with the F550 is great. The integrated engine/exhaust brake (it's actually neither one) is really nice.
jebsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:52 PM   #20
Thumbs up In-depth review on Nexus Phantom

Thank you Mike for the very insightful review of the Nexus Phantom 32. My wife and I are soon-to-be newcomers to the RV world so I have been doing my research on who, what, and where to buy. Your review was kind of the deal sealer "for me" on what I would like our first unit to be. I have been looking at the Super C class for a while and really like what I was seeing in the Nexus brand. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot of reviews concerning the makes and models in Super C, so thank you for putting in the effort to get the word out. When it comes to veteran's, like yourself, of the RV world; we noob's look to you for solid direction and suggestions. This way we don't end up with a very bad learning experience (lemons on wheels) right out of the gate. Thank you.

blhall38 is offline   Reply With Quote