Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2014, 10:05 AM   #1

Nexus Customer Service

At first I gave Nexus RV's customer service the benefit of the doubt and patience. Now...a different story.

A recap since we received our new 23P in March....

1. The top bunk cushion was not cut out right and replaced with a more sturdier template. It still can't support a 200 lb man climbing up. But at least Nexus was prompt on dealing with this issue.,,,but the design is still poor.
2. The microwave rarely works. Need to push buttons a million times before it recognizes. Nexus was made aware a few months ago with no plan of action so far.
3. Nexus uses a Jensen nav system as part of their options. After going through hell trying to get the Canadian map updated to no success...Nexus said to send it back and they will refund the cash. So I did and bought a superior product locally at same price. Plus now I have Bluetooth and USB that Nexus failed to inform me that Jensen wouldn't come such. Which I expressed my annoyance with them in respect. But that was 2 month ago....AND STILL NO CHEQUE IN THE MAIL!
4. NO 3rd PARTY YET! This is the kicker. Nexus sales pitch is "do not worry about factory direct...we will set up a 3rd party to look after ya" Well after talking to a half a dozen dealerships and restoration companies...no one wants to deal with 3rd party warranties...or even other makes that they do not sell. I expressed this to Nexus...and their attitude is send us the names. So I sent a few...and still no word who will be my service provider. (Mod Edit)....use google ffs! Why is this my problem? Anyways I scratch my head over factory direct now....this an important stradegy in my opinion to their sales. And they do nothing in respect after the sale?

Nexus buyers beware! Unless you have ton of time to deal with issues on your own, love playing email tag and leaving messages... I suggest buying elsewhere! Quality and structural integrity means nothing without support. Yes it's still a great unit...but comes with headaches that are thousands of miles away.

Cheesy dealerships don't seem that bad right now.
Josewales is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2014, 11:34 AM   #2

Hello,
Thank you for sharing.
We are currently looking at Nexus RV. Could you tell me which state you are in and have a hard time finding warranty work service?
Have you went to Nexus dealership to pick up the unit or did Nexus delivered it?
ilyaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #3

Thanks for sharing the positives and negatives.
I do not know why these motorhome dealers do this. Word spreads fast with internet.
TCHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josewales View Post
At first I gave Nexus RV's customer service the benefit of the doubt and patience. Now...a different story.

A recap since we received our new 23P in March....

1. The top bunk cushion was not cut out right and replaced with a more sturdier template. It still can't support a 200 lb man climbing up. But at least Nexus was prompt on dealing with this issue.,,,but the design is still poor.
2. The microwave rarely works. Need to push buttons a million times before it recognizes. Nexus was made aware a few months ago with no plan of action so far.
3. Nexus uses a Jensen nav system as part of their options. After going through hell trying to get the Canadian map updated to no success...Nexus said to send it back and they will refund the cash. So I did and bought a superior product locally at same price. Plus now I have Bluetooth and USB that Nexus failed to inform me that Jensen wouldn't come such. Which I expressed my annoyance with them in respect. But that was 2 month ago....AND STILL NO CHEQUE IN THE MAIL!
4. NO 3rd PARTY YET! This is the kicker. Nexus sales pitch is "do not worry about factory direct...we will set up a 3rd party to look after ya" Well after talking to a half a dozen dealerships and restoration companies...no one wants to deal with 3rd party warranties...or even other makes that they do not sell. I expressed this to Nexus...and their attitude is send us the names. So I sent a few...and still no word who will be my service provider...(Mod edit)..use google ffs! Why is this my problem? Anyways I scratch my head over factory direct now....this an important stradegy in my opinion to their sales. And they do nothing in respect after the sale?

Nexus buyers beware! Unless you have ton of time to deal with issues on your own, love playing email tag and leaving messages... I suggest buying elsewhere! Quality and structural integrity means nothing without support. Yes it's still a great unit...but comes with headaches that are thousands of miles away.

Cheesy dealerships don't seem that bad right now.
1 If the bunk cushion still isn't right, why not ask them to try again, to make something better.
2 Why bother with Nexus on the microwave ? Did you try getting in touch with the company that made the microwave ?
3 Don't know why they haven't sent a check, but did Nexus tell you the original nav system would come with Bluetooth and USB, or are you upset that they didn't tell you what it wouldn't come with ?
4 3rd Party? Why do you need a 3rd party? Service work - you're on your own, no matter who you buy from, as far as cost goes. If you do have a warranty issue, for the coach, get in touch with Nexus and have them tell you who to bring it to, or get authorization to have it repaired, and have Nexus reimburse you.
Seems like you're trying to beat up on Nexus and it doesn't sound like they really deserve it.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyaon View Post
Hello,
Thank you for sharing.
We are currently looking at Nexus RV. Could you tell me which state you are in and have a hard time finding warranty work service?
Have you went to Nexus dealership to pick up the unit or did Nexus delivered it?
Calgary, Alberta Canada. And they delivered.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich F View Post
1 If the bunk cushion still isn't right, why not ask them to try again, to make something better.
They know with no plan of action in return...even sent pics.
2 Why bother with Nexus on the microwave ? Did you try getting in touch with the company that made the microwave ?
I shouldnt have to...it's warranty work. That's their job.
3 Don't know why they haven't sent a check, but did Nexus tell you the original nav system would come with Bluetooth and USB, or are you upset that they didn't tell you what it wouldn't come with ?
Yes Karen said when I asked if it came with it...she said yes its capable. Which I thought the word 'yes' means it was to come with it. No brainer that I requested it.
4 3rd Party? Why do you need a 3rd party? Service work - you're on your own, no matter who you buy from, as far as cost goes. If you do have a warranty issue, for the coach, get in touch with Nexus and have them tell you who to bring it to, or get authorization to have it repaired, and have Nexus reimburse you.
Yep that's my understanding from the start...just show me where to go locally to get it fixed. Nexus is factory direct without the middleman dealerships....and if their customers are expected to fend on their own, I might as well bought locally.
Seems like you're trying to beat up on Nexus and it doesn't sound like they really deserve it.
My time is money also...nuf said.
Sorry if I come across cranky, but I was duped into thinking this was going to be an easy relationship given the challenges to ordering factory direct half way across the continent. I still haven't got a follow up courtesy call since I bought it...if I didnt call them regrading my issues and concerns, it be like I never existed. We spend a lot of money for our units...one would think thats a given. It's night and day compared to my Cadillac service....same money spent. Our 68 year old salesman actually runs across the lot to please customers and still to this day calls us once in awhile making sure we are looked after....salesmen like that are one of a kind and will always have our business. I think he needs to teach Nexus a few things
Old 07-07-2014, 04:24 PM   #7

Josewales
You are right to be steamed about all this.had seen their ads in Motorhome magazine and they seemed like a good deal until I read this. Factory direct or not ,they aren't giving them away, so I hope they can provide you with some satisfaction. Good luck and thanks for sharing your story.
jdoran1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #8

Hello,
It is difficult to read negative posts about the same RV company that we recently bought our rig from. But, we do understand the frustration!! We purchased a Nexus 36 and have had our share of issues but the customer service has been (for the most part) accommodating and satisfying. We are overall happy with the rig. We feel that things go wrong as well as they might not have put things together as well as they should have (which will not be discussed here) but luckily I have a handy partner who is able to fix them without taking it back to a RV repair place every time we discover an issue.
We would also like to hear from Nexus owners about their experiences if they are willing share on this public post.
Thank you.
Sunshine23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:26 AM   #9

Well I got their attention thanks to the internet. I even received an email from Claude (owner) deeply concerned in regards to my issues with their customer service. Long story short, Barb immediately sorted out the business of who will be our 3rd party service provider. Karen apologized for the neglect and seemed very sincere about it. I understand that Nexus is a new & growing company and since we are the 2nd Canadian customer...it comes with some challenges. I do believe that they care, but obviously there is a breakdown in their 'follow up, protocols and action items' once the customer receives their unit. I do believe now it was a case of falling through their cracks.

I am confident now that we are now on the right track.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:28 AM   #10
Community Administrator

Thanks for the update. Glad you're on the way to getting satisfaction to your issues.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Thanks for the update. Glad you're on the way to getting satisfaction to your issues.
Thanks...

I would like to also add, that all other issues have been addressed.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #12

Wink Nexus customer service experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine23 View Post
Hello,
It is difficult to read negative posts about the same RV company that we recently bought our rig from. But, we do understand the frustration!! We purchased a Nexus 36 and have had our share of issues but the customer service has been (for the most part) accommodating and satisfying. We are overall happy with the rig. We feel that things go wrong as well as they might not have put things together as well as they should have (which will not be discussed here) but luckily I have a handy partner who is able to fix them without taking it back to a RV repair place every time we discover an issue.
We would also like to hear from Nexus owners about their experiences if they are willing share on this public post.
Thank you.
We bought our Nexus 2012 Phantom 23P used one year ago so I never went through the new build process. Prior to our 2012 popping up on the internet I spent a couple of weeks negotiating the purchase of a new one and was nothing but impressed with the way they did business.

Despite being the second owner, having bought elsewhere and being more than a year out of warranty we were treated like royalty when we visited the Nexus factory. I had them install a custom spare tire mount under the rear of the coach and add an additional set of seat belts. The only issue I had was that fueling was a huge PITA as the pump kept burping off and adding 20 to 30 gallons could take 20 minutes. I asked them to make what ever repairs they deemed necessary and bill me (their rate is a very reasonable $75 per hours).

They informed me that the problem lay not with the vent hose as I suspected but the actual fuel fill hose had a twist restricting the flow. The problem had originated at the Ford factory. They removed and reinstalled the hose and then added 5 gallons of gas to verify the problem had been resolved. When I asked for the bill I was told "No charge, as they felt that they should have caught Ford's error. I would have had no problem being billed for a couple of hours of labor and certainly for the gas but they stepped up.

Every time I have dealt with anyone at Nexus I've walked away smiling. Nobody builds a perfect motorhome but they seem to get it right more than most. Their customer service may have slipped a little of late according to a number of reports but once you get their attention problems get addressed.
Capt Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #13

So great to hear Nexus is following through. You must be relieved and we totally understand. A lot of money is invested in this coach and so the expectation is good quality service and well as a quality product. We are still dealing with semi-minor issues. Like I said before, Nothing we (my husband) can't fix to avoid sending the RV to a shop. We would like to share the problems as well as the great things about our coach with the forum but we want to wait a bit until all are resolved. We do feel it is important to share with the group though.
Sunshine23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #14

Good to read everyone's posts on this topic. Appreciated as this is one of the brands we are considering for the future, and it is a bit of a different process for this company, and I have been trying to learn as much as possible.
jdoran1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service