Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2018, 01:44 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by b17drvr View Post
I’m going to Nexus next week to work on the noise issue. I put some wind defectors on the A pillars and that helped.

Tim
Tim,

Good luck. There must be a solution to this problem - hope you find it. If this were solved I'd be 100% happy. I'm going to add the wind deflectors like you did but will try folding the mirrors first. When I was at Nexus in May, I suggested that they put Connie in a new Ghost just off the line to see if all Ghosts have this problem or is just our rigs. Don't think they've done that but it would be a good test.

I just recevied my reimbursement check from Nexus for the repairs to the water problem so they're still backing their product,

Thanks,

Chris
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170928_075122_resized.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	215897
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface7277 View Post
It means they placed the headlight covers with wiring showing and being pinched thru the frame... Simple QC task.

Thanks for clarification. I never would have figured that out from the phrase: thru headlights.

Hope it gets repaired correctly along with the other items.

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 10:55 AM   #31

How is the noise level in the cab?

I've been thinking about an Entegra Esteem but would really prefer a diesel for the mountains in CO. Leaning towards a Wraith 33/34W or Ghost 33DS but also looking at the Class A DP.
woodwardmpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:42 AM   #32

Send a message via ICQ to Lutrinae Send a message via Skype™ to Lutrinae
My bigest complaint is the wind noise in the cab. I've tried everything to reduce it but nothing helps. International says it is normal but I call BS. Others have experienced the same problem. Nexus should put some pressure on International for a solution.
Lutrinae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:20 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutrinae View Post
My bigest complaint is the wind noise in the cab. I've tried everything to reduce it but nothing helps. International says it is normal but I call BS. Others have experienced the same problem. Nexus should put some pressure on International for a solution.
Welcome to the forum!

You are driving a heavily modified vehicle, but I'm sure that adding that square box and putting that big cap over the cab and disrupting any resemblance to the original aerodynamics has anything to do with the wind noise.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:54 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayak70 View Post
Simple post - avoid the Maxxforce engine completely. Like a bad dream you don't ever want to have again or your worst nightmare. Been there, done that. It failed, it fails, and it will never run "right" and it will stay in some International shop lot for most of it's life. In this case "birth control" should have been applied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwrider1946 View Post
Based on observations and experience I tend to agree. There is a reason most of the motorhomes in this price range use the Cummins engine.
I have a Maxxforce 10 engine in my HR 36' DP and it runs fine. Never an issue except trying to get the ECM updated and the problem was not NAVISTAR'S. The power supply was switched to the key and that stopped the download when the key was switched off as per instructions. This engine does need to be run hard and limit the idle time. Full synthetic oil (T-6) helps with the particulate filter, too. The MF 7 engine may be another story from what I've heard.
LHCDryHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:43 AM   #35

Nexus uses the Cummins diesel on all the international chassis.
b17drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #36

How is the engine noise in the cab in the Nexus Ghost?

The rear overhand looks very long in the shorter Ghosts. I am worried about dragging the rear end. Any solutions to that problem?
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:11 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludmilla View Post
How is the engine noise in the cab in the Nexus Ghost?

The rear overhand looks very long in the shorter Ghosts. I am worried about dragging the rear end. Any solutions to that problem?

Engine noise isn’t bad, but there is a lot of wind noise. I have 34 foot and dragging hasn’t been a problem.
b17drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by b17drvr View Post
Engine noise isn’t bad, but there is a lot of wind noise. I have 34 foot and dragging hasn’t been a problem.
Agree on the wind noise. We're all still looking for help on that. I have the 36' and dragged my tow bar backing into my driveway. Of course, I have to use a 4" drop when using it. Without it, I do not drag there but I do watch it carefully now. On our 6,500 mile trip this past winter, I never had a problem. I did intentionally order it with the 10,000# rather than the 20,000# standard hitch because the 20,000# hitch hung much lower and I will never need that capacity.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:59 PM   #39

Wind noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCat25 View Post
Agree on the wind noise. We're all still looking for help on that. I have the 36' and dragged my tow bar backing into my driveway. Of course, I have to use a 4" drop when using it. Without it, I do not drag there but I do watch it carefully now. On our 6,500 mile trip this past winter, I never had a problem. I did intentionally order it with the 10,000# rather than the 20,000# standard hitch because the 20,000# hitch hung much lower and I will never need that capacity.
Is the wind noise coming from the right front? If so, and you have a front door awning, check to see if the foam rubber is still in the front door awning arms. If they are missing you can replace them with a water swimming noodle split in half.
79cvx20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:12 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79cvx20 View Post
Is the wind noise coming from the right front? If so, and you have a front door awning, check to see if the foam rubber is still in the front door awning arms. If they are missing you can replace them with a water swimming noodle split in half.
We test drove a used 2016 36 DS....the only thing that Phil noticed was the wind noise by his head.while driving. Any fix?
Marty1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:19 AM   #41

Yes, most of my wind noise is right at the curve of the front top of the door. There is some on the passenger side but worse on the driver's side. I just ordered a bug deflector from Dieter's which I hope to install this week. Not much in the way of expectations but hoping.
International changed the Durastar chassis - it's now called the MV. It uses a signle post mirror mount and has no vent window. I suspect this has resolved the wind noise problem.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:17 PM   #42

I installed the bug defector. No improvement to the air noise.

Still looking for a solution.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190531_140830_resized.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	452.9 KB
ID:	248689

Tags
motorhome