Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2016, 08:26 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Nexus - where are all the owners

We have been considering purchasing a Nexus Phantom 31p. I notice that most of the threads on this RV seem to show the owners are selling their units. I am really concerned that this dealer doesn't have more owners out there. There aren't any forums, and on this forum and another very few talk about the Nexus brand.

I am trying to decide if I should by a Nexus. Any happy owners out there? How is it dealing with Nexus? What are your issues?

Would love some advice.

bayoubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2016, 08:00 PM   #2

Nexus builds as good as any and better than some , I looked at buying one
a while back but didn't, nothing to do with quality or price just found a bargain on another unit , I looked at the most popular brands and if I had bought new it would have been Nexus .

Old 07-26-2016, 08:54 PM   #3

We are looking at ordering a Ghost 36 next year. We have not seen many in our travels. The ones we have talked to seamed to like them even tho they had problems. Every RV manufacture has build problems. When we get ours I will be posting our feelings and reviews.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:10 AM   #4

If I decide to full time I have decided on 2 choices, #1 Phantom and #2 Allegro Breeze. Phantom is #1 for me because I think Nexus builds a good coach and they will customize for you. Go take their factor tour it will help you decide.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:45 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
That's my biggest dilemma, Elkhart is almost 1000 miles away. The cost to get there and stay in a hotel, puts their price above my local dealer.

I have been buying from this dealer since 2001, we usually get extremely good support. They have the Forester and Sunseeker in stock, which I think both of these are very similar to the Phantom. They use a lot of the same products, but not all. I know Forest River has its problems, I have owned 2, both 5th wheels.

Nexus seems very impressive, but the warranty work will be at least 100 mi away with dealers or warranty shops we know nothing about.

I am just so torn and confused right now. This will be my last RV and I want to try and get it right.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #6

Nexus has a showroom in Temecula, Ca.
https://nexusrv.com/
Old 07-28-2016, 06:22 AM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
I'm in Louisiana, I saw they have one in Dallas. But they don't have any Phantoms.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubelle View Post
I'm in Louisiana, I saw they have one in Dallas. But they don't have any Phantoms.
Sorry,thought you were in LA. (as in Los Angeles, Ca ) wasn't thinking Louisiana.
"bayoubelle" should have been a hint.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:18 PM   #9

My husband and I just returned from Elkhart last week. We toured both Nexus and another factory. We are sold on Nexus for a number of reasons: all steel frame construction, one-piece wrap around fiberglass roof with fiberglass front and back cap, the ability to customize your coach, much better pricing (being factory direct), to name a few. The customer service we received while we visited their factory twice during our trip was outstanding!! The folks at Nexus couldn't have been nicer! Two days ago we put in an order for our 31P and are very excited about it!! It should be ready in about 8 weeks.

I would love to see a Nexus owners group forum too. I believe the reason we don't see one is because this company is fairly new, but growing all the time.

I see on their website there is an office in Clearwater FL, which may be closer to you.

Good luck!!
Old 07-29-2016, 05:50 AM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Congrats on your purchase. Where are you located? Maybe if enough owners ask the administrator, he will add a Nexus owners group here..

I too liked a lot of what I read on their build. We may just make the journey.

we have the paperwork to price it out, do they give you any break on the deal?

Just curious, did you add the leveling jacks? Do you know your load capacity?

Good luck with the new rig.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubelle View Post
Congrats on your purchase. Where are you located? Maybe if enough owners ask the administrator, he will add a Nexus owners group here..

I too liked a lot of what I read on their build. We may just make the journey.

we have the paperwork to price it out, do they give you any break on the deal?

Just curious, did you add the leveling jacks? Do you know your load capacity?

Good luck with the new rig.
We added quite a few options to include the leveling jacks. According to the brochure, the gross vehicle weight rating is 14,500. We are brand new to the RV scene, so I hope I answered your question about load capacity. There are quite a few terms I need to become familiar with. We live in central Texas and have moved from tent camping to a slip-in pop up. The climbing up to the top area and over the hubby to sleep is getting to be a bit much! Good luck in your search!
Old 07-29-2016, 03:56 PM   #12

We just sold our Nexus Phantom 28P, In over 2 years of ownership we had no problems at all. We were extremely happy with the quality of Nexus, the only reason we sold it was we plan on going fulltime in the near future and needed a little more room and more towing capacity.
BigD629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 05:24 AM   #13

We are on our second Nexus. First was 23P and we put 37,000 miles on it with no significant problems. We banged that class C all over Alaskan roads and it held up nicely. Now we have a 28P so we could have a walk around bed. Had some early problems on the 28P with 12 volt distribution circuits from the factory which I fixed. I have the cell phone of their service person and have had good response. I like the design and the build of their rvs. They have really tried to make the coach strong and water proof.

No current builder of rvs is even close to Honda and Toyota on systematic quality control. Most rely on the craftsman approach to do good work and then most inspect to try and insure quality. It seems to me that some of the biggest quality complaints in the industry are the component makers like AC and refrig. manufacturers which should by all rights be at the top of their quality game and are not.

Looking back on my own experience, I wish there was an intensive school for RV owners that taught you what to look for in build and taught you how to maintain and care for an RV and its complicated systems. This site is my go to place for technical advice and troubleshooting when problems arise. RV ownership seems to be particularly frustrating for those owners who have little experience or desire to do self repair. Skilled technical help is hard to find and like all things you get what you pay for. If you find a good technical person, be ready to pay and be glad about it. Or get a good tool kit and teach yourself with the help of other RVers.

I would buy another Nexus and recommend that company.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:18 AM   #14

For those of you starting your RV experience one of the things you need to pay attention to is CCC ( cargo carrying capiticy ) that's how much weight that you can carry while traveling like fuel, clothes, passengers, food and beer. We don't carry much fresh water in our tanks only enough to use bathroom on the road. Water is about 8lb per gallon.