Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2016, 08:14 AM   #1

Cool Not receiving GENSET output

2007 Winnebago, Itasca, Cambria 23' class C. Everything had been working properly, prior to leaving for the campground. Had the unit plugged in at home to run the refrigerator. When I unplugged the power cord from the house AC current, I noticed the refrigerator would not switch to gas operation. The systems monitor panel showed nothing. We drove to the campground, plugged in, and the monitor panel worked, refrigerator worked fine on AC. Everything worked properly. When I returned home, I checked the chassis and house circuit breakers. Discovered the battery mode switch 6amp, and coach breaker panel 40 amp circuit breakers were open and would not reset. Replaced them with new ones. Opened the old ones to see both were burned out inside. Now, the systems monitor panel works, but I'm not getting any AC voltage from the generator. Everything works when plugged into house AC current. When the generator runs, no AC current anywhere. All fuses and circuit breakers are intact. Any ideas?
jrossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2016, 08:21 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrossi View Post
2007 Winnebago, Itasca, Cambria 23' class C. Everything had been working properly, prior to leaving for the campground. Had the unit plugged in at home to run the refrigerator. When I unplugged the power cord from the house AC current, I noticed the refrigerator would not switch to gas operation. The systems monitor panel showed nothing. We drove to the campground, plugged in, and the monitor panel worked, refrigerator worked fine on AC. Everything worked properly. When I returned home, I checked the chassis and house circuit breakers. Discovered the battery mode switch 6amp, and coach breaker panel 40 amp circuit breakers were open and would not reset. Replaced them with new ones. Opened the old ones to see both were burned out inside. Now, the systems monitor panel works, but I'm not getting any AC voltage from the generator. Everything works when plugged into house AC current. When the generator runs, no AC current anywhere. All fuses and circuit breakers are intact. Any ideas?
check the circuit breakers on the genset? or a transfer switch?
Old 05-23-2016, 09:50 AM   #3

Not sure if the circuit breaker on the genset is functional. Any idea where I can check to see if power is being sent? I'm not aware of a transfer switch.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:32 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Your generator should have two circuit breakers on the side of the generator. Check and see if they have tripped.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:03 PM   #5

I know where the one on the right side is, just by the start button. Any idea where the second one would be.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:11 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
What genset do you have? Model/spec

The good news is that most Onan 4k generators won't continue to run after you let the start switch go without generating AC.

The bad news is; if your genset isn't producing AC there are lots of things it could be and most of them are costly.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:06 PM   #7

It is an Onan Microquiet 4000. Model 4KYFA26100K
Old 05-24-2016, 06:44 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
It would be very unusual or maybe even impossible for that genset to stay on without producing AC. So, assuming the unit stays on after you let go of the start switch I would double check the wires from stator to CB1, then out of the genset.

On a side note; If you dont' repair your genset I could use the rotor. I'll gladly pay if it's good.

Index of /~n0nas/manuals/onan

You need 981-0503
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:38 AM   #9

Thanks for the help. Went back to the circuit breaker. It had not re-set properly. Re-set the breaker, and the power is back on. Now, change the fuel filter. Low fuel flow causes the unit to stop after 4 mins. If the filter doesn't do it, on to the fuel pump.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:51 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Might have a second problem. OP refer won't go to gas/propane. Check the house battery switch if on, the solenoid might also be bad or a battery bank maybe questionable. The refer needs 12 volt to run.

LEN