Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2014, 09:14 PM   #1

Odor From Bathroom

I have 2008 winnebago outlook 29B class c. Get black tank smell pull out draw next to sink. removed draw vent pipe and fittings secure, all traps full of water. When vent fan is on itgets worst. Any ideas. Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2014, 01:40 AM   #2

Have you checked your toilet seals? A bad blade seal in the toilet bowl can prevent the toilet blade from closing all the way and thus odors from the black tank.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:01 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You may be drawing your odor from the roof vent pipe. Probably your grey tank which can smell as bad as the black. Sometimes worse because it get flushed seldom. When you turn on the vent fan it changes the pressure inside to draw low lying air from your roof inside from any other open vent. You can get caps that eliminate this; I bought some at a trade show they look like a white Darth Vader hat, they revolve in the breeze and carry odors away form our roof top.

Camping World has some and if you Google it you can find what you need.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #4

There is an anti-siphon valve when they go bad you can suck fumes into the camper. If you're handy enough you can search around for a piece of 2 inch diameter PVC that doesn't go to anything. They are inexpensive to fix if you can locate the anti-siphon valve.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #5

Do not be surprised IF your bath vanity sink is plumbed into the black tank.

Also, the water trap in the vanity may succumb to the ceiling fan pressure. Try inserting the rubber stop in sink drain and test the ceiling fan again.

We typically travel with all sink drain plugs inserted to ensure there are no runtime pressure gradients allowed to overcome the liquid traps.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:03 PM   #6

I will check all your sugestions, tolet seal, vent pipe, siphon pipe, ext. I,am new at this what do you mean that you do stunts!.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #7

Yeh, broken or clogged sewer vents can be a real problem.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:58 AM   #8

Do you have a black tank rinse I did and mine was dripping and it was stinking up the bathroom.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #9

I mainly use toilet chemicals to control holding tank odors. Works quite well. Camco make chemicals you can use in both tanks. I also go up on the roof and check the sewer vents regularly. If I need to I will clean out the vents with a little compressed air, but that's usually not nessecary. And yes I like your idea. Give your holding tanks a thorough flush and rinse once every two weeks and that should get your rv's septic systen into great shape. A good cleaning wand you can hook to your garden hose wouldn't hurt either, so you can get the wand down in there and really spray the system out. You should never notice any odors if your holding tank system is working properly. Many people forget however that requires keeping your tanks and such clean. Odors love to reside in system that is not well maintained. So process of elimination. Start with the obvious first and if that doesn't work it's very likely something mentioned here. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:26 PM   #10

If you have a washing machine in RV and you don't use it, the drain trap can dry out and you will get odor. It happened to me. Good luck.

Tags
odor