Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #15

I have a 94 wrangler yj. How do I set the gears to tow it? Ist gear and transfer box neutral?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	411.3 KB
ID:	13829  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
[

I still don't have what I consider ideal Toad lighting. Using magnetic lites until I find something I totally like or the warrantee runs out. Web searches always seem to end with Cool Tech ... the electrical on Wranglers is some new fangled bus bar (new to me) and I just don't want to chance hozing my warrantee. I'm hoping to run into someone who has
something I like .. picture is worth 1000 words to me[/QUOTE]
i drilled 15/16 hole in tailight and added a new socket ,wired it per the instruction for a 4 pin plug no connection to jeep electrical at all
2nd jeep ive done both worked flawlessly takes about an hour to do complete install including soldering all connection and hiding wire under carpet and thru firewall
brianj

Old 09-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Ck these folks out....easy wire kit! Cool Tech LLC. JK Tow Harness Kit
Ditto on the Cool tech, Blue Ox Aventa, US Gear Braking system.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jackson View Post
I have a 94 wrangler yj. How do I set the gears to tow it? Ist gear and transfer box neutral?
I would check the owners manual for any reference. I know on the 2010-2012 Jeeps the steering wheel doesn't lock so you don't need to take the extra step to turn the key to acc and disconnect the negative battery cable. But I do what you state but mine is a 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser View Post
[

I still don't have what I consider ideal Toad lighting. Using magnetic lites until I find something I totally like or the warrantee runs out. Web searches always seem to end with Cool Tech ... the electrical on Wranglers is some new fangled bus bar (new to me) and I just don't want to chance hozing my warrantee. I'm hoping to run into someone who has
something I like .. picture is worth 1000 words to me
i drilled 15/16 hole in tailight and added a new socket ,wired it per the instruction for a 4 pin plug no connection to jeep electrical at all
2nd jeep ive done both worked flawlessly takes about an hour to do complete install including soldering all connection and hiding wire under carpet and thru firewall
brianj[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing bypass the vehicles electricial. I ran my wires for the extra sockets throught the frame rail though. I bought mine when I bought my ready brute towbar. But here is the link to the light kit (2nd item from the bottom) RV Towing Accessories - NSA RV Products
CbtEngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:32 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
thanks cbtengr and tncruiser. That is the solution I'm inclined to go with. Did you find it easy to decide where to drill that hole or did you have any do-overs?
Maybe there is lots of room in there, I have not looked and figure without parts, why look. Thanks for the NSA RV product pointer
Old 09-15-2011, 06:42 AM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Sundancer View Post
thanks cbtengr and tncruiser. That is the solution I'm inclined to go with. Did you find it easy to decide where to drill that hole or did you have any do-overs?
Maybe there is lots of room in there, I have not looked and figure without parts, why look. Thanks for the NSA RV product pointer
you just have to make sure you have it in the correct cavity ,when you figure where to drill so you have clearance from the other socket and are still in the top section you will just know
brianj
Old 09-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CbtEngr View Post
I would check the owners manual for any reference. I know on the 2010-2012 Jeeps the steering wheel doesn't lock so you don't need to take the extra step to turn the key to acc and disconnect the negative battery cable. But I do what you state but mine is a 2011.

brianj
I did the exact same thing bypass the vehicles electricial. I ran my wires for the extra sockets throught the frame rail though. I bought mine when I bought my ready brute towbar. But here is the link to the light kit (2nd item from the bottom) RV Towing Accessories - NSA RV Products[/QUOTE]
can yo upost pics of you're 2011 Wrangler, it's funny we almost have the same toys.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #22

I bolted two metal plates on top of the rear lights and thats where I stick the mag. mount lights. Ran a pigtail through cab under trim and carpet.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #23
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jackson View Post
Just as you said.........xfer in neutral and trans in 1st. 2nd or 3rd gear......Park if an automatic trans.
The steering column locks on the YJ's so you wil eitherr need to pull the lock pin or leave the key in the unlock position
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mod for Jeep brake lights

I did not want to deal with diodes to connect turn signals so I modified the plate between the backup light and the brake/parking lights to mount a bulb for turn/brake signals. I used two compartment lights from NAPA, and I was just going to drill and use the spring clips to hold it in place. The light would not fit in the housing that way so I just drilled the size of the lamp base and used my 325 watt solder gun to solder the base to the plate. I had to bend the factory backup and brake light brackets slightly to make everything fit well. I ran the wiring right beside the factory wiring through the body to the plug up front. For the running lights I hooked into the running lights on the Jeep. I like lots of running lights and this was an easy connection. I just hooked into one of the wires going to the left front running light on the jeep. I use the Ready Brake on the Jeep so now when I hit the brakes I get the turn/brake light powered from the RV and the brake lights on the Jeep.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Tail Light Mod.gif
Views:	70
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	13887  
Old 09-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #25

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Jeeper View Post
I did the exact same thing bypass the vehicles electricial. I ran my wires for the extra sockets throught the frame rail though. I bought mine when I bought my ready brute towbar. But here is the link to the light kit (2nd item from the bottom) RV Towing Accessories - NSA RV Products
Quote:
can you post pics of you're 2011 Wrangler, it's funny we almost have the same toys.
Sure . I just finished installing a LoD mid-width Front bumper and a 10500lb Recon winch tonight. I still need to button up the electrical and extend my wires for the factory fogs. I'm on the jk-forums.com (I warn you not to sign up or you will find out your wallet empties quick.... J.E.E.P. = Just Empty Every Pocket). I really need to go get this beast weighed All this has been done since the last month but I'm really liking it. I just need to find the time to actually use the RV and Jeep. Thinking of going over to George Washington National Park in south-west VA in October to catch some of the fall colors and do some billy-bobbin' (4-wheeling).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	13888   Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	13889  

Name:	PowerOn.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	13890   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-09-15_19-38-45_234.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	13891  

Old 09-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Sundancer View Post

I went real slow, checked then double checked before I drilled my holes. Didn't have any re-dos but it was definetly a tight fit. Just take your time if you decide to go this route and you'll be fine
Old 09-16-2011, 07:50 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Take a look- seems like a great product:

RVEducation 101 RV Video Tips