Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2014, 02:11 AM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The pic of the label clearly describes the ccc. This 29T has very good CCC, as you can see. This is due in part to the smaller slide (dinnette only). With full fuel, water, oil, passengers (7), clothes, BBQ, bikes, etc, etc..there's still available weight to add if needed!

The second label if for a Forest River model with 2 slides. It is 1300# heavier! That's how the extra CCC is attained for the Winnie 29T! The slides do take quite a bit away from CCC, as you can see from both of the spec labels.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2014, 08:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngler View Post
The pic of the label clearly describes the ccc. This 29T has very good CCC, as you can see. This is due in part to the smaller slide (dinnette only). With full fuel, water, oil, passengers (7), clothes, BBQ, bikes, etc, etc..there's still available weight to add if needed! The second label if for a Forest River model with 2 slides. It is 1300# heavier! That's how the extra CCC is attained for the Winnie 29T! The slides do take quite a bit away from CCC, as you can see from both of the spec labels.
Sure, one slide should allow for more CCC than a similar unit with two slides. I said that right out of the gate in your "opinions" thread.

There is a balance though. I have a one slide unit but it has a dinette & couch in it. So it's heavier than a unit with just a dinette in the slide. But I wanted some extra living area space for rainy days. But it's still lighter than if it had a second slide.

Actually, thinking through this while I type, Forest River now has a one slide unit that I would probably avoid as it's the full wall which has got to be real big & heavy.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:34 AM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yes, Paul you mentioned that less slides equals less weight. Seeing as you have both a dinnette and couch, are you saying that the slide itself is heavier as it has to be strong enough for two items instead of one, as is the case in the WB 29T?

If so, that makes sense. You still have both (couch/dinnette), as does the WB 29T, but at a greater cost (added weight = less CCC) as they were put in a single slide.

This 29T appears to have one of the better CCC ratings I have found. However, it comes at a cost of not being very open in the living area due to slide for dinnette only.

Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!

Since I travel in mainly fair weather, and will spend 4-5 nights for most trips, with only one 15 day trip each summer, perhaps the 29T is not too bad. It has a great large storage area in the rear, that other 30-31 Class C do not.

I just looked at a 31M floorplan, with two slides, and it was very nice, but comes at a cost of not much CCC.

BTW....how is the weight of something towed (ex. boat) figured into the ratings. Is it the tongue weight that is added to the CCC as it would be weight aboard (just like water) and the towed weight is counted in the overall GCVWR of 20,000?

Thanks
Old 02-17-2014, 10:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngler View Post
Yes, Paul you mentioned that less slides equals less weight. Seeing as you have both a dinnette and couch, are you saying that the slide itself is heavier as it has to be strong enough for two items instead of one, as is the case in the WB 29T? If so, that makes sense. You still have both (couch/dinnette), as does the WB 29T, but at a greater cost (added weight = less CCC) as they were put in a single slide. This 29T appears to have one of the better CCC ratings I have found. However, it comes at a cost of not being very open in the living area due to slide for dinnette only. Decisions, decisions, decisions!!! Since I travel in mainly fair weather, and will spend 4-5 nights for most trips, with only one 15 day trip each summer, perhaps the 29T is not too bad. It has a great large storage area in the rear, that other 30-31 Class C do not. I just looked at a 31M floorplan, with two slides, and it was very nice, but comes at a cost of not much CCC. BTW....how is the weight of something towed (ex. boat) figured into the ratings. Is it the tongue weight that is added to the CCC as it would be weight aboard (just like water) and the towed weight is counted in the overall GCVWR of 20,000? Thanks
I am just speculating (under the premise of it makes sense) that units get heavier when going down the list below (all other things such as overall length, equipment, etc being equal):

- single smaller slide
- single bigger slide
- two slides

I personally would not want a single smaller slide. We generally do weekend trips, the occasional long weekend, and one week long trip each season. But, we moved from a popup and the wife placed an emphasis on having enough interior space for the four of us plus a kid friend or two to be inside on a rainy day.

That's why we split the difference so to speak by opting for the middle layout in the list above.

According to the brochure, our NCC is 2600 (GVWR of 14500 less UVW of 11900). I know that's not "real". But I don't have access to the unit right now to see the actual weight label for our specific unit.

Yes, if you're towing something on the hitch, the tongue weight counts toward your weight.

Good news: There are lots of different options out there so you should be able to find what's best for you.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:52 AM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
After much thought, the small slide is not going to work. The TV placement is not great either. The rig is nice and priced well, but as suggested, we believe the floorplan/small slide will bother us after a few nights aboard. Glad to able to ask others who have been there/done that, as it helps in the decision making process. Thanks!

Tags
winnebago