Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2014, 12:06 AM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Opinions on 2008 Winnebago Access 29T

Looking for a used 29'-31' Class C. We have this unit at the top of our list at the moment. Thoughts on this floorplan? I consider the slide on this unit a "small" slide in that it only slides the dinette. Should we be looking for a larger slide, one that slides 2 items, ex. dinnete and stove, or, dinette and couch, etc.?

We looked at 2 Class C recently. They appear to have vastly different CCC ratings. In part, due to slides. Since we plan on bringing 4-5 people, BBQ, 4 bicycles, clothes, food, gear, golf clubs on occasion, tow a 21' pontoon boat on occasion (3500# with 350# tongue weight), and whatever else we need, it appears the Forest River 2860 will not have the CCC we need. Am I missing something or not calculating correctly? Specs attached below...

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29T.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	55175   Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 winnie access 016.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	55177  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 forest river 2860.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	368.9 KB
ID:	55178  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2014, 06:32 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
we like our 2007 WB access 29T. We just added HD bilstein shocks,steering stabilizer, and rear trac bar to improve handling. We like layout. We tow Honda crv. We will be going to Florida and TN in march.

New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
How would your 29T be with a family of 4 with one small furry friend? Do you find the CCC sufficient and do you carry much or tow much?
Thanks
Old 02-05-2014, 08:20 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
we tow a 3400# crv and last time we had about 1400# to spare, this was loaded with 2 people and a Bassett hound. We didn't have water or waste tanks filled. We did have full propane and gasoline. We have only used on two trips so far and we like the ease of driving since we added the suspension items. We like the camper,it isn't fancy,but it is built good.
I think CCC is about 1700#
New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
Old 02-08-2014, 01:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvtime2 View Post
we tow a 3400# crv and last time we had about 1400# to spare, this was loaded with 2 people and a Bassett hound. We didn't have water or waste tanks filled. We did have full propane and gasoline. We have only used on two trips so far and we like the ease of driving since we added the suspension items. We like the camper,it isn't fancy,but it is built good. I think CCC is about 1700#
Are you sure on your numbers? Doesn't seem mathematically possible.

CCC of 1700 lbs and you had 1400 lbs to spare means you used only 300 lbs.

300 lbs seems too light for:

- 2 people and a dog

- Stuff such as clothes, toiletries, food, etc

- Full propane and gas (I think these count in the weight?)

Gas is around 6 lbs per gallon so 55 gallons of gas is 330 lbs by itself.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
x2
mine is 2000ccc no slides & iam pushing right at 14 k which is max came out of fact. at 12012 full gas thats all everything else add on w,p, 2 of us & junk
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
12580#-measured scale wt of camper no toad, full gas and LP, 2 people and one dog. May be off 200# depending when scale wt captured at pilot truck scales. Our camper was loaded for trip with chairs, tools,bottled water, food in refrig, misc accessories.
. our, water,grey,black tanks empty

gvwr is 14050
----------------
1470 # difference

this is best I know, sorry if I left out something, please note our water and gw, and be empty. With our 40 gal. Tanks full it certainly erases this margin quickly. We keep our wast tanks empty when traveling most of the time, we will take a little fresh water with us

sorry, if this is confusing
Old 02-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #8

I have a 29T, and CCC assumes full fuel (300 lbs), propane (60 lbs), fresh water (350 lbs), and an amount of weight for each passenger up to the number of seatbelts in the unit (770 lbs). (5 x 154lbs)

The 1,847 is after those weights. The difference between the RV with all tanks empty and maximum capacity is actually 3,327 lbs. That is how someone can have 1,700 lbs of free space even when loaded up for a trip and a CCC of only 1,847 lbs.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:03 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
ccc is whats left over after as built weight. If as built is say 12500 u only have 2000 left. most as built only allow for full gas anything extra is on u not to exceed 14500total .Manuf doesn;t care how u get there just no more then 14500
Old 02-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
suggest that anybody concerned abt how to figure ccc go to this link

New RV weight labels - OCCC replaces CCC
Old 02-12-2014, 08:28 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had a 31' Minnie Winnie DL with NO slide and when my wife and I were loaded for a couple of week trip, 1/4 tank of fresh water, empty waste tanks, full fuel, me and the copilot, we were at 13,950# on a 14,050# GVWR chassis...only 100# to spare.

So trying to load for a family of 4 with all of the items you listed, you will need to closely monitor the weight of the loaded RV.

The problem with the larger class C's is the limited cargo carrying capacity. The addition of slides cuts into the cargo capacity.

Ken
Old 02-12-2014, 08:35 PM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
We had a 31' Minnie Winnie DL with NO slide and when my wife and I were loaded for a couple of week trip, 1/4 tank of fresh water, empty waste tanks, full fuel, me and the copilot, we were at 13,950# on a 14,050# GVWR chassis...only 100# to spare.

So trying to load for a family of 4 with all of the items you listed, you will need to closely monitor the weight of the loaded RV.

The problem with the larger class C's is the limited cargo carrying capacity. The addition of slides cuts into the cargo capacity.

Ken
Ken u r so right
Old 02-13-2014, 12:04 AM   #13

Yeah, not sure I agree with some of the statements here. I have a forest river Sunseeker. I am 99.9% certain it goes down like this.

Unit finishes being built.

Last stop is a scale where it gets weighed. Let's say it weighs x.

Gvwr is y.

Ccc is y minus x.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
Yeah, not sure I agree with some of the statements here. I have a forest river Sunseeker. I am 99.9% certain it goes down like this.

Unit finishes being built.

Last stop is a scale where it gets weighed. Let's say it weighs x.

Gvwr is y.

Ccc is y minus x.
Actually, that is the NCC (Net Carrying Capacity).

CCC was designed to try to give RV buyers an easier to understand figure as to what they could put in the RV without overloading it.

CCC is essencially NCC - Fuel (gas or diesel, plus propane) - fresh water - weight of occupants with all seatbelts in use. Not filling your water tank or having less weight in passengers than the formula uses means you can put more than the real CCC figures of "stuff" in your RV and still be under GVWR.

Tags
winnebago