Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2014, 11:46 PM   #15

Thanks I am sure that will be next, as I got the air bags. So I will see how it goes this year

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2014, 08:49 AM   #16

Fleetwood 31M

Nice post Priscilla. This is of interest to me since I am interested in a similar motor home. The mods you did I totally agree with, except I would probably go with air bags on the rear as opposed to additional leaf in the springs. Only because I want to be able to adjust to the load.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #17

Thank you Priscilla213. I appreciate your feedback. I have been looking at others and found an amazing deal on a 1995 Jayco, but I just can't get "excited" about it. I keep thinking about how much I loved that M31. I may just have to wait it out until I find the one I want for the money. Apparently, they are few and far between. I am looking for a 2006 - 2008, but really don't care. I'm more concerned about what shape it's in.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:46 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Did you buy the 31m? Did Campingman sell his?
Old 04-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Did you buy the 31m? Did Campingman sell his?
Yes I sold it. Took a 2003 Fourwinds 26Q on a Chevy chassis in as trade. Don't know if I will keep it or sell it.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:19 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had our 2005 Jamboree 31-M and had a great time. It drove fine- even across the desert to Az. I never did any suspension upgrades. I think the early years were better ('5 thru '07), they started changing little things after that- the kitchen was different and they swapped the microwave and overhead cabinet locations as well as cabinets in bedroom. JMHO of course. You'll really be happy with the 31-M...weather you get the Tioga or Jamboree.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #21

No, I haven't gotten one yet. Like I said, they are few and far between and are a little pricey-for me. My heart is really set on this model and don't want to settle for anything else, so I'm hoping that later in the summer I might have a better chance to get what I want. Thanks for asking.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hang in there, you find one sooner or later.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyscarlett View Post
No, I haven't gotten one yet. Like I said, they are few and far between and are a little pricey-for me. My heart is really set on this model and don't want to settle for anything else, so I'm hoping that later in the summer I might have a better chance to get what I want. Thanks for asking.
Actually there are quite a few for sale around the country. Reasonably priced older units.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #24

I also discovered Jayco has a couple of models that are almost identical to the Fleetwood. I am checking into those as well. It's giving me a few more options. I pretty much stay on the internet looking at RVs all over the country. I may be being unreasonable, but I don't want to pay more than $22K for that model and I haven't seen anything for less than $32 and that's without some of the options I want, like an awning. I will be paying cash and not financing, so that is why I'm aiming low on the price.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:41 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If it has no awning, it probably ws a rental unit.
krivanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #26

You might not want to pay more than $22K for a 2006-2008 32 1/2' motor home with 2 slides, but I think realistically the chances of finding a decent one at that price are pretty slim.
I just looked at your other posts and it appears that you will be traveling alone, and this will be your first motor home. I believe you will find the more you look around, that almost every manufacturer will have the same or very similar floor plan to that Fleetwood.
As I mentioned earlier that 31M is actually about 32 1/2' long, which is a lot of motor home. I strongly suggest that if you haven't done so already, that you go to any dealer that has a vehicle that is about the same size as that 31M, and take it for a test drive. Regardless of whether you like the particular unit or not, it will give you an idea of what to expect driving that size vehicle.
Mich F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #27

Krivanj, you are absolutely right. There is a rental place a couple of miles from where I live that is listing a 31M for $31.9. I had looked at it a couple of months ago. MichF. You also, are absolutely right. That's one reason I have stuck with the Class C versus a Class A in the comfort level of driving. I plan on taking lessons or at the very least attending an RV boot camp (there's one in Nov. here in Texas). Since this is going to be my permanent home, being able to be comfortable in my living space is equally important as the driving. I have looked at so many both on line and in person and I just really like this plan. There are a couple others I might possibly consider, but still looking and hoping for the best deal.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:23 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Any updates?

Tags
class c, fleetwood