Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2014, 06:08 AM   #15

Had a long conversation with Karen of Nexus at the Chicago RV show yesterday. The answer to every one of our "can you do this" customization questions was "sure, no problem." Looking more and more like there's a Nexus (28P) in our future.
earlvillestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2014, 09:23 AM   #16

Here she is. All ready to be delivered. Now for the weather to cooperate across NW.

Josewales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:47 PM   #17

Very nice! Enjoy!
Old 03-04-2014, 10:41 PM   #18

Looks great, have fun once the weather improves!
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:03 PM   #19

Me Too, Soon

I'd been researching for years before seeing the Nexus fans post here, and met the great Nexus folks at the Tampa RV Show, far and away for price and quality, the best of the best at the show. My PW Lexor is now the trade-in deposit and I head to Elkhart next month to tour the factory, choose my floorplan and design my mods. Along with everything else I was impressed with in this company compared to bad after bad experience with regular dealers, how great that these can get owner-customized! I've been begging Dave to create a Nexus fan group but until then, tell me Nexus fans, what features do I definitely want? Tankless hot water? I'm looking at either the 24P or the 25P, though the later has limited basement storage. Talk to me, I'm super excited!
abbyarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:58 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyarts View Post
I'd been researching for years before seeing the Nexus fans post here, and met the great Nexus folks at the Tampa RV Show, far and away for price and quality, the best of the best at the show. My PW Lexor is now the trade-in deposit and I head to Elkhart next month to tour the factory, choose my floorplan and design my mods. Along with everything else I was impressed with in this company compared to bad after bad experience with regular dealers, how great that these can get owner-customized! I've been begging Dave to create a Nexus fan group but until then, tell me Nexus fans, what features do I definitely want? Tankless hot water? I'm looking at either the 24P or the 25P, though the later has limited basement storage. Talk to me, I'm super excited!
Awesome! They do have a Facebook page, but little activity.

Last Monday the unit finally arrived after snow storm delays. But only a few hours after I left to fly out to work. The ol'lady received and absolutely loves it. Can't wait to see it myself and finally one in real.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #21

Well I finally arrived home from out of town and got to spend a few days checking out the new rig in real.

Overall I am quite pleased with the quality with a few complaints though.

The cons...

1. The top bunk cut out for the cushion is poorly designed. One side barely has a lip to rest on and can easily fall through with body weight.
2. The accordion bathroom door does not shut properly. The door relies on a magnetic strip that goes up and down to stay shut. It doesn't seat entirely and ends up crooked with a gap between door and frame....and not closed. There are no latches or guides to keep it closed and seated.
3. Outside compartment key locks. I can easily see them corrode in the future, and getting the key in them now is tricky and have be careful not to bend the the keys or break. Can only imagine what it is going to be like after a few years of weathering.
4. Customer service. Already I am feeling ignored without one follow up call since we received the unit. Yesterday I called asking questions, especially concerns why our navigation was not set up with bluetooth and USB. I specifically asked if it comes with and Karen said yes at the time of order. And while asking why, I got a bit of the brush off due to their service rep being busy.
5. I am sure a few more issues will pop up once the MH is on the road.

But on a better note, 99% of the MH is awesome. The quality from cabinets to fixtures are tops....and one thing I love is that it's a simple design without all the fluff. Meaning less to go wrong in the future! All the necessities are there...and any luxary such as a outdoor entertainment system, I purchased mobile bluetooth speakers w/ comp & iPad. As an example.

The pros...

1. Cabinetry is solid and well made.
2. More than enough storage space.
3. Power and configuration is easy enough to understand.
4. Dinette/lounge is easy to clean & comfortable.
5. The queen size (actual size) bed is comfortable enough and roomy for camping standards.
6. Fridge & freezer has enough room for 1 to 2 weeks of storage as long as you use a cooler also.
7. The closet...my wife loves it. Lot's of room. And the mirrors to help her look good haha.
8. Structurally, no bad signs yet. Joints and all the cabinetry has no gaps and is very tight and flush with walls and seams. (Compared to other makes we viewed here locally).
9. Tanks look easy enough to empty and maintain.
10. etc...

Part of me wanted the perfect unit. But as long as the issues are not structural and easy enough to fix....we will be very happy. The issues I mentioned here, I am already planning on taking the MH in this spring and get one of the local RV refurbishing shops to look after it. Get new cushions and support made for the top bunk, where it centers properly on top of the cut out. Concerning the bathroom door, get some kind of latch system installed. And so on. To us these are easy enough fixes we can do ourselves without spending a lot of money. Again Nexus is not perfect....but almost! And that to us, is awesome. Considering all the inferior manufacturing practices and quality we seen in every other brand in this class and price range locally.

So far we are tickled.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:37 AM   #22

Great followup, Josewales! Thanks!
Old 03-21-2014, 06:09 AM   #23

Very helpful review of your new unit, as I'll head up to Elkhart in 2 weeks to tour the factory and plan my mods, and your input is invaluable. I'll go back to Elkhart for pick up this summer and won't leave till everything's right. I had concerns about that bathroom door just looking at it so your experience is helpful. Now, go have fun!
abbyarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:06 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyarts View Post
Very helpful review of your new unit, as I'll head up to Elkhart in 2 weeks to tour the factory and plan my mods, and your input is invaluable. I'll go back to Elkhart for pick up this summer and won't leave till everything's right. I had concerns about that bathroom door just looking at it so your experience is helpful. Now, go have fun!
Thanks! And have fun. I wish I could of found the time to fly down to the plant myself, but my work schedule was tight and the trip would of costed me a fair amount of lost income. And all my vacation time is now saved for camping

One thing we should of upgraded, was to soft touch seats for easy cleaning. Now to find perfect fit covers.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ahhh, the Monday / Friday built Nexus, not as perfect as Capt Steve says.
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #26

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Ahhh, the Monday / Friday built Nexus, not as perfect as Capt Steve says.

LMAO! Show me where I ever said they were perfect, no RV is. Please feel free to dispute that vicious pack of facts I posted... if you can.

"99% of the MH is awesome"

The bathroom sliding door needs and adjustment and his storage bay locks could use a shot of dry aerosol lubricant, Oh the humanity!

The alignment of the cushion remains a mystery but I'm sure there is a simple cure. I've already PM'd the OP with a couple of tips and he is, unlike you, very happy. I hope your day gets better.
Capt Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
LOL
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:59 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Steve View Post
LMAO! Show me where I ever said they were perfect, no RV is. Please feel free to dispute that vicious pack of facts I posted... if you can.

"99% of the MH is awesome"

The bathroom sliding door needs and adjustment and his storage bay locks could use a shot of dry aerosol lubricant, Oh the humanity!

The alignment of the cushion remains a mystery but I'm sure there is a simple cure. I've already PM'd the OP with a couple of tips and he is, unlike you, very happy. I hope your day gets better.
Haha I take it you two have a history.

But serious....thanks for the helpful tips Steve! I don't think there is a simple fix for the cushion since the support board needs to be centred on top of cut out in order to rest on both edges. One edge has 1/8" and the other about 4". And the cushions as a whole are snug against the bunk walls, where the cut out cushion and it's support board has no room or play to move onto an edge more.

I plan on phoning Nexus today and see if they can resolve this problem.

Cheers.