Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2014, 04:55 AM   #1

Our New Nexus 23P Incoming (Pics).

Well we finally secured this Nexus RV yesterday for purchase. But not after a few months of research and a special thanks to the likes of iRV2 forums. The Nexus was on our short list from the very start, but the factory direct & our Canadian dollar was somewhat a concern of ours and in turn tried finding something locally.

Last weekend our City (Calgary Canada) had their big RV show and ended up really liking the Fun Finder pull trailer. So yesterday morning, I went into the cheesy dealership to make an offer. We ended up $1400 apart on the offer....and ended up walking out with no deal. As I was walking out, a part of me was thanking heavens that it didnt work out. My gut was still thinking Nexus. So while not even leaving the dealership's parking lot I phoned Nexus and told them lets get something done!

All winter I have been emailing Karen from Nexus with the odd questions. And even at one point thanked her for all the help, but won't be buying one due to the state of our dollar. 10% difference now for exchange rate. When I called her yesterday and asked her what the very best deal was considering our dollar, Nexus agreed to deliver the product to Calgary for free and still keep the unit under $60k U.S. as is. Where the similar units by Thor or Coachmen goes for $60k Cdn. without half the options and integrity. So in our mind it was a no brainer. Better bang for the buck indeed...and less chance we will be calling our unit bad names in 5 yrs!!!

Finally our search is over and a big relief. It seemed like our plan changed every week on what we wanted versus our needs. The class C is ideal for us....improv camping trips with the dogs & able to pulll my Harley for long trips.

We are stoked!

We will be adding a few grand in options also. Such as roof ladder, nav system, raised (flushed) countertops, etc...

Josewales is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2014, 04:58 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Congrats and best of luck and happy trails. Great story/ ending.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Congrats and best of luck and happy trails. Great story/ ending.
Cheers!
Old 02-06-2014, 05:20 AM   #4

Here is my baby

Buddy of mine is stoked also.....next year pulling the bikes to Sturgis 75th!

Old 02-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #5

Talking Congratulations!

Your new Nexus is a carbon copy, inside and out, of ours albeit a couple of years newer. We could not be happier after 9,000+ miles over the last 5 months and I'm sure you will be too. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM. You got a great rig at a great price, woo hoo! !
Capt Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Steve View Post
Your new Nexus is a carbon copy, inside and out, of ours albeit a couple of years newer. We could not be happier after 9,000+ miles over the last 5 months and I'm sure you will be too. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM. You got a great rig at a great price, woo hoo! !
Awesome...will do.

From the quality to their honest and no BS sales....so far the experience has been great.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #7

Beautiful, makes me want to look closer at class C
IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:37 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Great looking rig! Congrats and enjoy!
Old 02-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #9

Thanks guys.

Just signed the papers today...and expecting end of the month delivery. I can't say enough about Nexus's no BS sales....Karen has been a straight shooter all winter. And to my fellow canucks...if you plan on buying across the line, maybe get a broker involved. What a pain in the arse if you were to do it yourself. Banks frown on it and the 'where to start' concerning fees and all that. The broker took on all my headaches for a few hundred bucks....well worth it.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #10

Great pictures New to the forum and about to be a new NEXUS owner next week when I pick up my Viper.
They are great folks and very patient with 1st time buyers like me.
DERandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:54 PM   #11

I have been trying to search for reviews and recommendations on who to go with for RV road service and mail forwarding. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated by a total newbie?
DERandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:10 PM   #12

That's a nice unit. Wife and I just purchased a 2006 Fleetwood Tioga 26Q. Object was to keep it under 27' with no slides (max length for some of the campsites we like ). We like boondocking the best and only use RV parks for overnights when traveling. Almost bought new until we found a great used one with low miles. We were going to spend $70,000 with tax on new but wound up saving $40,000. Here's what we're pulling with ours:

2003 Superglide

Have to pick up a second one this spring for my wife as she doesn't like the forward controls on this one and wants something a little smaller.

DERandall - We have AAA RV but after reading lots of reviews on other forums we went with coach-net for the new one. It covers everything you drive including the RV, trailers, bikes, cars, rentals, etc. Check them out.
Old Radios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DERandall View Post
I have been trying to search for reviews and recommendations on who to go with for RV road service and mail forwarding. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated by a total newbie?
Gratz.

We ended up buying a 3rd party 7 year warranty package that includes roadside assistance.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Radios View Post
That's a nice unit. Wife and I just purchased a 2006 Fleetwood Tioga 26Q. Object was to keep it under 27' with no slides (max length for some of the campsites we like ). We like boondocking the best and only use RV parks for overnights when traveling. Almost bought new until we found a great used one with low miles. We were going to spend $70,000 with tax on new but wound up saving $40,000. Here's what we're pulling with ours:

2003 Superglide

Have to pick up a second one this spring for my wife as she doesn't like the forward controls on this one and wants something a little smaller.

DERandall - We have AAA RV but after reading lots of reviews on other forums we went with coach-net for the new one. It covers everything you drive including the RV, trailers, bikes, cars, rentals, etc. Check them out.
Tioga looks like a solid unit....and luv the bike.

Cheers.