Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #1

Over Cab Curtains

Hello, The DW wants to replace the over cab bunk curtains, any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Kirbylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2014, 06:45 PM   #2

Make some yourself, there's nothing like making your own stuff.
We put the floor down ourselves.
We do as much as we can not so much to save money, but to say we did this.
Chris James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
I agree with Chris, I just measured my windows and will be making my own curtains. I will be doing the kind that have the rod top and bottom and you can go online and get instructions on how to do it if you have simple sewing skills. I am using a dark material that will almost act like black out curtains cause I like it dark at night and for some reason people think they need to keep a porch light on at there campsite all night long.
RBeau1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:17 PM   #4

Well guys, I would love to see pics also love to hear the story of replacing your floor. But I would like to see these curtains, and any links to where you got material.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:54 PM   #5

That is possible, our current ones have tracks and the tabs in the curtains, we were hoping to find replacement ones as an option.
Kirbylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:56 PM   #6

My wife made them for our Coachmen, which came out fine. Camping World and other RV supply places sell curtains. Custom Privacy Curtains - Gary Manufacturing - Drapery & Curtains - Camping World
Old 09-06-2014, 06:09 AM   #7

I made my own curtains but am good with a sewing machine - not all women are. Finding the sizes needed for RVs wasn't possible locally. RVs seem to have oddball lengths and widths. I bought the fabric at WalMart. The good thing about making your own is you have an unlimited choice of colors, materials and prints (flowers, stripes, solids).
Old 09-15-2014, 06:01 AM   #8
bap

my dw has even started making her own cushions,,she is getting good with the sewing machine and the curtains and cushions look great and she is proud when people ask where she got them and she says she made them...
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:57 AM   #9

Might be a bit late with my reply, but I just joined and was going through old posts. I just measured the height I needed and headed off to WalMart in hopes of finding something since I don't do well at sewing. If I didn't find anything that would work, my backup plan was to bribe my mother-in-law to sew some for me.

While browsing the curtain aisle at Walmart, my husband saw some curtains on an end cap and asked if they would work. I took them out of the package and low and behold they had a pocket at both the top and bottom! $7 later (x2) my front window was covered and looked great!

Good luck.

ACWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote