Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-30-2016, 04:31 PM   #1
Owners Manual

Forgive me if this is the wrong way to do this. Never participated in a forum before. I recently purchased a 1985 Aluma Lite 24' Motorhome. There was no owners manual and I would like to ask if anyone on this forum might know where to get one. Thanks for any help you can give. This might be a lot of fun, making new friends, getting all kinds of insights to traveling in an RV (this is my first one).

cgotm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2016, 07:29 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I found this information at Help From The Manufacturer

Monaco National Parts at 1-877-466-6226
Poster indicated it would be about $45

You can also try searching at: http://rvparts.argrv.com/e2wCustomerHome.aspx
This website was suggested by Holiday Rambler (Parts & Service)

Best of luck!

2004 Itasca Spirit -- The Darlin' Dot II
A big fan of Jimmy Buffett, The Boston Red Sox & The Open Road
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark ... and we're wearing sunglasses."
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:49 PM   #3
Thanks you guys

Thanks for the responds for my looking for a manual to an Aluma-Lite owners manual. I actually had already been to the Holiday Rambler page and couldn't see on the other response that it fits what I'm looking. I appreciate your time however.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:56 AM   #4
Try ebay and there are a couple of sites that sell manuals, just google old rv manuals and lots of sites come up.
easywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:50 AM   #5
RV owners manuals are usually generic covering a number of models and refer the owner to the dealer service department or specific appliance instructions for maintenance and trouble shooting information

When you buy a new rig, you get a bunch of appliance and other device operating manuals from the manufacturers that may show how to operate and troubleshoot the appliances and their electrical connections. Some of the instruction material may be available by downloading or mail from OEM's, if still in business

Camping World and RV supply stores may have useful generic RV operation and maintenance manuals that are much more informative than original owners manuals. There are a lot of You Tube videos about troubleshooting, repairing and replacing RV appliances and devices.

Tip:Battery Care: Buy a digital multi-meter from Harbor Freight and use it to check voltage of 12-volt house and starting batteries and charging performance of converter/charger. Keep electrolyte levels up in batteries with distilled water and "turkey baster" filler from auto supply store. Keep battery terminals and connector clamps clean by periodic wire brushing and tighten securely, don't forget to connect any small wires .
BWDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:47 AM   #6
Thank you

Thank you BWDog. The information you gave is just what I was needing. I had found various small appliances info in the camper itself. I didn't however think that would probably be all I needed. And the battery recharging was another question I had been pondering because a regular trickle charger didn't seem to working. I will look for what you said to get and give it another try. Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:28 PM   #7
The house battery(s) are supposed to be charged by a converter/charger device that gets power when your rig is connected to "shore"
AC power . The house battery(s) power the interior lights, appliance controls, furnace blower, etc. if your converter/charger is working and properly connected to your house battery, the house battery should read 13.6 volts at the battery terminals after charging for 24 hours. When your chassis engine is running, the alternator should be charging both your engine starting battery and your house battery if the solenoid device is working properly. If you have an RV generator installed and it is properly connected with a transfer switch or by plugging the shore cable into the generator receptacle, it supplies AC power to the converter charger which in turn charges the house battery. When you have the shore power cable connected to camp power, the converter charger charges the house battery BUT NOT engine starting battery . If you park the rig for a month, the starting battery may be dead from self-discharging and power drawn by alarms, radio memories, and other "parasitic" loads. The more you know about these 12 volt DC and 110 volt AC systems and how to operate, test and maintain them, the better they will serve you when needed. Owning an RV is a hobby in itself, a truck full of appliances and devices operated by 110 volt AC and 12 volt DC power and propane systems.
BWDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:39 AM   #8
Smile Thanks again

Thank you again BWDog. I think I mostly got what you were telling me about batteries. This RV has 2 batteries (connected to each other) which I'm assuming is what you are calling "house" batteries. I'm assuming that for me to use the plug in's on the inside, I will have to have the generator on or be plugged in at a camp electricity post. I was hoping the outside batteries would enable me to use those plug in's but if I'm understanding you right, they don't do that. Do you know if they will run whatever makes the water work in the sink or use to shower? We looked pretty diligently for what powers the generator and can't figure out what it runs on...does it also have to have the vehicle running to work? As you can see, I am totally "green" when it comes to understanding all this stuff. I'm trying not to make myself crazy about all I don't know. The guy I bought this from kind of ran through everything but too much for me to retain. I'll keep on plugging along and give myself some leeway in figuring absolutely everything out about this, as you said it's a hobby all on it's own.

Thanks again for being so helpful.