Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2018, 07:01 PM   #1

Phoenix Cruiser 2552 - pros? cons?

We're looking at buying a Phoenix Cruiser 2552. Any comments about what's good, or not good, about this RV? (We currently have a 2008 Ithasca Navion with 80,000 miles.)
JDN Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2018, 11:29 PM   #2

I have a 2001 phoenix cruiser 2300B that I bought used about five months ago.
It is a very well built RV, and I would recommend the Phoenix Cruiser brand to
anyone looking for a new or used RV.

I have done a few upgrades, but other than that the build quality excellent.
cobra 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:19 AM   #3

As my name says we have the PC2551 and really like it.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:48 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 2016 PC 2551. We love it.
DennyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:18 PM   #5

We've owned a 2012 PC 3100 for almost 3 years and are very happy with the quality. I believe the 2552 is the best selling PC model. We winter in Florida for 3 months and spend about a month in Michigan in the summer. We chose the 3100 for these reasons.

Street side bed is 4" longer in the 3100.
We wanted a dinette and a convertible sofa for additional seating and work space.
We lost the optional Euro chair available in the 2552 but gained lots of useable storage and a flip up table on the curb side.

Good luck in your search.
TheLuvShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:52 PM   #6

The disappointments keep coming . . .

Just picked up our 2019 2351D about a week and a half ago in Jacksonville. Nothing but a disappointment so far. Pointed out bad flooring, nothing good has happened with it so far. Running in circles around dealer and manufacturer. Mattress is no where near the size for the bed. Drives like a boat in a stormy sea. Wind blows it all over road. On left turns or turning left the pantry opens and slams to a stop drawers and all. Large storage compartment on side has no way to hold the door open. Macerator hose falls out as you try to put it away. Need I keep adding? Manufacturer and Dealer should be ashamed!

I would suggest go factory direct so you don’t end up in battle of who pays for the fixes, dealer or manufacturer. Better yet, buy a used one!
Old 07-05-2019, 07:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissEllie View Post
Just picked up our 2019 2351D about a week and a half ago in Jacksonville. Nothing but a disappointment so far. Pointed out bad flooring, nothing good has happened with it so far. Running in circles around dealer and manufacturer. Mattress is no where near the size for the bed. Drives like a boat in a stormy sea. Wind blows it all over road. On left turns or turning left the pantry opens and slams to a stop drawers and all. Large storage compartment on side has no way to hold the door open. Macerator hose falls out as you try to put it away. Need I keep adding? Manufacturer and Dealer should be ashamed!

I would suggest go factory direct so you don’t end up in battle of who pays for the fixes, dealer or manufacturer. Better yet, buy a used one!
I’m also thinking factory direct is best option and don’t pay for it until it is 100% working....that usually gets things done
Plus, it seems lately there is no price difference between factory and dealer....
Hope new owners get the bugs worked out....
gatorb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 12:55 PM   #8

MissEllie:
Still out there? Have things got better with age (of RV)
Thanks
Wayne
Old 02-25-2021, 03:56 PM   #9

We recently traded our PC2100 for a 2351D and couldn't be happier. Their workmanship is second only to their service and follow up. The travel club provides all sorts of information and updates and is a joy to belong to.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:23 PM   #10

We special-ordered our Phoenix Cruiser model 2350 new in 2007 and are still extremely happy with that decision. Other than floor plans and a few appliance and fixture changes, very little has changed with the basic construction over the years. I especially like how they frame around each wall and roof cut-out and wire PCs and also using heaver gauge wire. I also like that the walls resting on the floor instead of what some of the other manufactures do in bolting the wall against the floor.

Click on the video above to watch a slide show on construction details. The slide show was made in 2007 and updated a year or two later. Very little has changed since.

Model 2552 is the most popular model since it was introduced around 5 years ago.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote