Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Tale a peek under the rig to see where the water was leaking out. Add a bit of water in the tank and that will become clear if you turn on the pump.You just trace back to that point on the inside. On my '01 jamboree the low point drains are under a drawer near a wardrobe. There are 2 of them and they are together: one for hot and one for cold. I remove the drawer and turn the valves off. Also, make sure the plug is tight on your water heater as it was probably emptied by the dealer. If freezing is still a reality over multiple days, you may need to drain the lines, blow them out with an air compressor from the city water connection with a simple plug with an air hose adapter (camco brand is most common and a few $) and wait a bit longer before using water. The jamboree has PEX plumbing which can handle more than some systems if frozen, but the weakest link is the pump, water heater if full, and the toilet ball valve.

wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2014, 01:29 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanion2 View Post
Well then the hunt for the drain valve continues. I may have to contact the dealership and bug them if I can't find it this weekend. Thanks for clarifying what the bypass valve under the sink is though.
This is from the 2005 Jamboree Owner's Manual...
Attached Images

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:34 AM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
@Wanderso: The tank and water heater are empty because we see freezing temperatures at night here regularly still. The water comes out of a drain located right above the drive shaft near where the white water fill port is on the rig close to the front. It drains into a pan that allows the water to pour off either side of the shaft.

I will look into that adapter for blowing out the lines but I haven't yet run the pump since we never had any water in the tank to use it with (though they did demonstrate it works at the dealership).

@SarahW: Yep. I have both the PDF version and the original printed copy that came with the Jamboree and spent all my time crawling around underneath the rig looking for the end of the tank but it's built into the house chassis so aside from the drain you can't tell where it starts or ends. At least to my inexperienced eyes. I did check all the basement compartments, around the generator and propane tank that were in the vicinity of the drain and still no luck yet. I am going to call the dealership today and if they are no help then I will just drive across the street to a closer one and have them point it out to me if need be.

I promise you this, once I find that drain valve I won't be forgetting where it's located ever again after all of this.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I have both the PDF version and the original printed copy that came with the Jamboree and spent all my time crawling around underneath the rig looking for the end of the tank but it's built into the house chassis so aside from the drain you can't tell where it starts or ends. At least to my inexperienced eyes. I did check all the basement compartments, around the generator and propane tank that were in the vicinity of the drain and still no luck yet. I am going to call the dealership today and if they are no help then I will just drive across the street to a closer one and have them point it out to me if need be.

I promise you this, once I find that drain valve I won't be forgetting where it's located ever again after all of this.
When you find it, I hope you will post so that others will know, too!! (And did you notice Wanderso said he had to pull out a drawer to access the drain on his '01? Maybe you should start pulling all the drawers out!!)

If all else fails, you might call Fleetwood Customer Service at 800-322-8216. They are usually very helpful and many times can provide wiring/plumbing diagrams, etc.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Look in compartment where water pump is located.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:16 PM   #20

NICE RIG....!! We have the exact same coach, only ours is a 2004.

Enjoy!
Paul
Old 02-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Interesting read, it's also what memories are made of.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Just from pictures, I'm guessing the fresh water tank is under the rear bed? I don't know, but on RVs like that, and year range, a lot of times they are. If so, I bet the drain for it is right next to it.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A comment on leveling your motorhome. If you feel comfortable inside, your RV is most likely level.

Most fridge/freezers can handle a 6 degree slope front to back and a 3 degree slope side to side. That amount of slope inside is quite uncomfortable.

You can get inexpensive levels at your hardware store that show slope in degrees. There are even bubble level apps (displaying degrees) on smart phones that work well as well. The small 1x1" plastic bubble levels are useless in my opionon.

I pull into a sight, put my level on the inside center point of the RV and I can tell what adjustments are required. Ex. 1.8 degree front/back and 0.6 side to side, no adjustments required. A small bubble level showing slightly off center, I have no clue how bad the slope really is!

BTW, horse stall mats (usually 4' x 8') make for cheap leveling blocks. We bought one mat from Tractor Supply and cut it up using a utility knife into 12x12" and 24x12" pads. The horse mats are approximately 3/4" high and stack neatly inside storage compartments. That combination should work for most none level sites. When using these mats just stagger them so they gradually increase in height making it easier to drive up on them with out them sliding out from under the tire.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:04 PM   #24

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Look in compartment where water pump is located.
The water pump is located under the couch just behind the fuse box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WogStL View Post
NICE RIG....!! We have the exact same coach, only ours is a 2004.

Enjoy!
Paul
I am so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
Just from pictures, I'm guessing the fresh water tank is under the rear bed? I don't know, but on RVs like that, and year range, a lot of times they are. If so, I bet the drain for it is right next to it.
The fresh water tank is actually under the forward most bench of the dinette. The drain is directly over the drive shaft just behind the cab. Sure enough I found the shut off valve when I pulled the dinette seat cushion off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringFellow View Post
A comment on leveling your motorhome. If you feel comfortable inside, your RV is most likely level.

Most fridge/freezers can handle a 6 degree slope front to back and a 3 degree slope side to side. That amount of slope inside is quite uncomfortable.

You can get inexpensive levels at your hardware store that show slope in degrees. There are even bubble level apps (displaying degrees) on smart phones that work well as well. The small 1x1" plastic bubble levels are useless in my opionon.

I pull into a sight, put my level on the inside center point of the RV and I can tell what adjustments are required. Ex. 1.8 degree front/back and 0.6 side to side, no adjustments required. A small bubble level showing slightly off center, I have no clue how bad the slope really is!

BTW, horse stall mats (usually 4' x 8') make for cheap leveling blocks. We bought one mat from Tractor Supply and cut it up using a utility knife into 12x12" and 24x12" pads. The horse mats are approximately 3/4" high and stack neatly inside storage compartments. That combination should work for most none level sites. When using these mats just stagger them so they gradually increase in height making it easier to drive up on them with out them sliding out from under the tire.
All very good advice. I will look into one of those apps just so I don't have to go hunting for another level and I will check out the horse stall mats.

Thanks everyone for your advice and the warm welcome.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:42 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Great news! I'm actually looking at a an 2006 29v with the rare quad bunks option (same layout as yours except for rear bunks) on Saturday. 17k miles and 1 owner. Seeing where you've found the drain valve will come in handy to inspect.
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #26

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderso View Post
Great news! I'm actually looking at a an 2006 29v with the rare quad bunks option (same layout as yours except for rear bunks) on Saturday. 17k miles and 1 owner. Seeing where you've found the drain valve will come in handy to inspect.
Well I'm glad I was able to help. Good luck with your prospect. Low mileage and one owner sounds like you're off to a good start.

Yesterday I gave the rv its first wash and there has to be some tools to make it easier. I am familiar with proper car washing and detailing. I have a foam dispensor, microfiber clothes, ammonia free window wash, etc.

What rv soaps, wax, and long reach brushes do you folk recommend?

Tags
fleetwood