Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #1

Possible C purchase

New member here. I have found many interesting post and have read hundreds. We are retired and looking to purchase a used C. Located a 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS for $47000, 37,000 miles, new brakes and tires, second owner and is very clean in and out. It has everything we need ( we think ). Plan on staying put a couple months a year in Jan and Feb in AZ, getting out of MI for a winter break. Will be taking shorter trips closer to home during our time in MI. Question, we plan on towing a 3500LB car on a dolly and does this coach with the V10 have the power for the mountains in the westen states? It will be a 2000 mile trip each way. One other question, does this V10 have the newer engine with the corrected spark plug isusse corrected? I have lots of questions but do not want to ask too many. Thanks
PapaChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
welcome from a former michagainin
that seems hi for a 4 yo coach we bought a new holiday rambler 28 ft
2009 in 2009 for 50k out the door
brianj
Old 02-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #3

I am trading my Class C Coachmen Concord in on a class A it has 4100 miles on it I bought it new Oct 2009 it is in good shape never been wrecked and serviced
well there is nothing wrong with it wife just wanted a class A It will be at Terry
Labonte RV in Greensboro NC
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Was told a long time ago to buy your last coach first. Buy what you can afford. I had a Class C (2005Four Winds) first. Then a 19ft. TT then a 1999 Cheftian Class A
Then a 2003 Bounder, Now at last my last Class A, 2009 DP. That was in just 3 years.Wish I had listened. Buy your last first...not your 5th first. Good Luck.
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaChuck View Post
New member here. I have found many interesting post and have read hundreds. We are retired and looking to purchase a used C. Located a 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS for $47000, 37,000 miles, new brakes and tires, second owner and is very clean in and out. It has everything we need ( we think ). Plan on staying put a couple months a year in Jan and Feb in AZ, getting out of MI for a winter break. Will be taking shorter trips closer to home during our time in MI. Question, we plan on towing a 3500LB car on a dolly and does this coach with the V10 have the power for the mountains in the westen states? It will be a 2000 mile trip each way. One other question, does this V10 have the newer engine with the corrected spark plug isusse corrected? I have lots of questions but do not want to ask too many. Thanks
Chuck,

not sure anyone answered your questions.....

Yes an 07 has the upgraded heads with the potential spark plug issue only a memory.

I have a 32' Class C with the V-10 and tow a 4300 lb V-8 4Runner no problem. You aren't going to fly up the mountains but that ain't going to happen anyway. Take your time and the V-10 will get where you need to go. I suggest making sure you have good brakes on the dolly which is probably the biggest concern......

Luck

Scott
csdavis62 is offline   Reply With Quote