Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
Privacy Film for Entrance Door

Our Jayco 31DS does not have a shade on the entrance door. Don't know why Jayco stopped putting them on since every other window has them. Looking for nighttime privacy film to put on the window. Can't put a shade on since there is a valance above the door. Anyone know who or where to get nighttime privacy film??

Thx.
caroga is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2016, 10:38 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My Winni has a valance above the door and a simple pull down shade on can purchase at Home Depot. The valance should screwed on, so installation would be EZ. Otherwise any material cut to size and velro.

LEN
Old 09-03-2016, 10:00 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Privacy Film for Entrance Door

What OLYLEN said.

The PO of my coach self-installed MCD shades all around......except the entry door and that one appears to be a good-quality shade from an HD-type store. It is mounted with brackets screwed from underneath into the top of the valence. Had to remove it once and it was pretty simple even though it is pretty "tight quarters". Your privacy film idea might be better though......cuz if I want to go back outside at night, I need to raise the shade and then open the door (not a real big deal, of course.)

Please post if you find a film that works................

Safe travels.
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:34 PM   #4

My Winnebago View uses a spring loaded pull down solid white shade that the housing screws to the top of the screen door inside. has a plastic catch that the shade is hooked on when down. On mine the actual shade was missing when I bought it and so I bought a new one from Winnebago, just under a $100 for the entire assembly including the lower hood and screws and mounting screws for the top.

It is made apparently by Trusty Products.

Enter the word shade in the search box. Only two come up. The PDF link shows quite a few more.

trusty-products.com

http://www.trusty-products.com/media...atalog_S-2.pdf

Charles
Old 09-05-2016, 11:17 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
By privacy film are you meaning the opaque / bathroom frosted glass style or tinting? If tinting, remember that at night the light will be inside the RV and folks can see in if your lights are on.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:58 PM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
I have a 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS.....first night we had it we realized there was no pull down shade for the coach door. So we hung up a towel.

Then as we used it more and more, the towel was annoying.

Then summer came (which means it turned March in Florida) and OH MY.

I could fry bugs in front of that door driving down the road when the sun hits. There is no place to mount a pull down shade on the door because as mentioned before, there is a valence. Even if I built and covered a new valence, the valence that is there is thin and flush mount....BECAUSE...the door to the control panel is adjacent to it. So anything that protrudes while the coach door is closed wouldn't let the access panel door be opened.

We went with velcro strips for the piece of fabric and top of the existing valence. It's aggravating as well opening the door and walking through curtains to get outside, then it falls, then the velcro comes off.

A shade attached to the door would be ideal...but just can't figure a way to do it and not impede the control panel door when the coach entry door is closed.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:26 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Amazon has all kinds of privacy film from Mirror finish, mosaic finish and the standard black like this https://www.amazon.com/OxGord-Tintin...+glass+windows I've used the one from Home Depot on Office Door Windows before both are an in expensive solution and a straight forward easy installation.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:31 PM   #8

Rust-Oleum Specialty 11 oz. Frosted Glass Spray Paint-1903830 - The Home Depot
Old 09-08-2016, 04:21 PM   #9

I used blackout fabric and two 3m hooks. Found curtain grommets on Amazon that dressed it up. Take it down and roll it up when not in use.

2016 Dynamax Force, Just Rite 2
halla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:07 AM   #10

Mcd sells custom door shade that doesn't get in the way. Check out their website.
grace2day is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door