Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2016, 05:12 PM   #15

26xd

We have some Class C experience. We camp a minimum 95 days a year. All in a Class C. We camp for enjoyment and also work from our Class C. We loved our 04 Itasca Spirit. We tow an enclosed 12 foot trailer carrying one of several motorcycles. Traded in the Itasca for the Jayco 26xd, mainly to stop sleeping over the cab. Looked at the 23' Jayco but the rear tip out interfered with the bike trailer. Pluses for the Jayco that we used for comparison: refrigerator size, AC size, Furnace size, and warranty.

In my mind the lack of a spare tire is a negative. Working on that.

Leaving for Florida in three weeks, more to come with the 26xd.
gs750t is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2016, 07:18 AM   #16

Talking Hiya gs750t

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs750t View Post
We have some Class C experience. We camp a minimum 95 days a year. All in a Class C. We camp for enjoyment and also work from our Class C. We loved our 04 Itasca Spirit. We tow an enclosed 12 foot trailer carrying one of several motorcycles. Traded in the Itasca for the Jayco 26xd, mainly to stop sleeping over the cab. Looked at the 23' Jayco but the rear tip out interfered with the bike trailer. Pluses for the Jayco that we used for comparison: refrigerator size, AC size, Furnace size, and warranty.

In my mind the lack of a spare tire is a negative. Working on that.

Leaving for Florida in three weeks, more to come with the 26xd.
Hope that you have a great trip...

You'll love how the 26XD handles, and the 6 speed tranny is smooth, quiet, and gets better gas mileage. Ours was flawless, and we were very impressed with the fit and finish.

We made sure that the mounted spare tire was part of the deal, and also this tire carrier: Roadmaster Inc. - Tow Bars, Braking Systems & RV Accessories
The carrier is great, and allows you to still tow with it.

The other thing that we did immediately was to cut and cap the red wire in the outlet behind the TV, so that we could use the inverter to power stuff while we are driving (chargers for cell phones, laptops, tablets, etc.

Oh, and we added a TV in the bedroom, and replaced the Furrion main TV (sound was awful, the channel search was slow and picked up weak channels that can't actually be seen, the remote was small and awkward & changed channels very slowly, etc.). Both TV's are now Samsung smart TV's (Walmart refurbished - one under 200.00, and the other under 100.00).

I think that you'll really love traveling in your new "baby", be safe and have fun.
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:39 PM   #17

26xd

Did you install slide out toppers on your Jayco? Thinking about that when we get home from Florida. Worried about the proximity of the rear bed slide out and the awning.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:12 AM   #18

Toppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs750t View Post
Did you install slide out toppers on your Jayco? Thinking about that when we get home from Florida. Worried about the proximity of the rear bed slide out and the awning.
Yes, we had the toppers installed before we picked up the unit at the dealership. All seems to work fine.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:51 PM   #19

26xd

Look at the specs of the brands side by side. Check the refrigerator size, Furnace output, capacities, outside storage, and length of warranty.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:34 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
grayhawk 29 me

I am sorry about the other Jayco owners problem.I am getting a grayhawk,did my research .Advice on this forum 70% + 30% -.I like the 2 year warranty is a big plus.I am a big believer in checking things out all the time,Stay on top of of the little stuff and my can prevent big thing from happening.I will have to make do with this unit. Keep you posted as i go down the road.Hope i got a good one
See you on the road
tagcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:30 AM   #21

If it's at all possible, take all of the Jayco factory tours. It's a great experience, the folks there are wonderful, and it will reassure you as to Jayco Quality.

Every manufacturer will occasionally have an issue with a unit... stuff happens. That's what the 2 year warranty is for.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:39 PM   #22

Forest River Owners Club
Just wondering if OP pulled the trigger on the 26xd.
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 05:10 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
I did find a used 2015 29' grayhawk. Picked it up yesterday.it has 1200 miles on it. Going from a class A to this class C will be a learning curve,but it fits my needs. 2 year warranty is a big + as i need dependably in my art show schedule from end of march i will be moving from show to show about each week end.Some times i have to dry camp,trying to add extra house batteries so i can use my portable solar.
Packing this week hit the road in 1 1/2 weeks. Thanks for all the advice from this forum.I have used this forum over the past several years every one hear is GREAT.Thanks
tagcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco