Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2016, 07:52 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Opted for the Isata3 after looking at almost all others in it's price range. So far other than some pesky (minor) stuff to be repaired we are quite happy with it. We also to a small vehicle (Veloster) with out difficulty

momdoc
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2016, 11:03 AM   #16

I own a Dynamax Force. They are mechanically above the Seneca. Tow 20k lbs fully loaded. Larger diesel, really not much of a debate with the Seneca from that perspective. Renegade, Showhauler, and Haulmark take it to the next level with 500-600 hp engines, 40k tow, and 45 feet length. That's simple breakdown. Fit and finish is slightly more subjective, but cab generally be said to follow the same curve, as does price.
grace2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:04 AM   #17

It should also be noted true customization is only possible with showhauler, Renegade, and Haulmark.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace2day View Post
I own a Dynamax Force. They are mechanically above the Seneca. Tow 20k lbs fully loaded. Larger diesel, really not much of a debate with the Seneca from that perspective. Renegade, Showhauler, and Haulmark take it to the next level with 500-600 hp engines, 40k tow, and 45 feet length. That's simple breakdown. Fit and finish is slightly more subjective, but cab generally be said to follow the same curve, as does price.
Is there a dedicated "Force Owners" forum that you of? The Force HD is currently at the top of our list due to the towing and good things I've read about the build quality. I'd like to hear more from owners about this rig.
Clayhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:34 PM   #19

Not that I'm aware of, but it wouldn't surprise me. Looks like they're selling a lot of them.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:12 PM   #20

Is coachmen considered a poor or fair or good brand generally speaking ?
MSMLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMLC View Post
Is coachmen considered a poor or fair or good brand generally speaking ?
I haven't researched the Coachman line as their largest unit (the Concord) is too small for our needs and is built on the Ford E450 chassis/Triton V10 which doesn't have the towing capacity we need.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:46 PM   #22

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have been a longtime fan of Holiday Rambler. Their unlit you is second to none. Take a look st them. You will be glad you did
lecordell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:59 PM   #23

For the Force owners group.

Try forestriverforums.com

you'll need to set up user name and password. From there you hit Forums then scroll down and select dynamax and you'll see various discussions on their brand. Which includes the Isata 5 Super C based on the Dodge 500 they recently introduced.

I joined earlier this week as I'm also looking at Super C models.

Good Luck.
Bakeryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #24

Having had eight different motor homes from 24'-38' Class A's to cCs to now a super C I can honestly say that the M2 Freightliner is the nicest to drive. Yes, it is louder in the cab compared to a class A pusher but the visibility, braking power, ISL 350's raw power and the steering control is just plain super impressive. I have a new Renegade Verona and it is by far the best built coach I have ever owned period. Only complaint I have is the M2 cab is very plain and lacks storage compartments, etc and I can not find anything after market to fix the issue.
ragoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:30 PM   #25

Another Super C to consider

Has anyone looked at or driven the Dynamax Isata 5 series? This looks very interesting as its built on the Ram 5500 chasis with the Cummins 6.7 and the Aisin trans. Towing/GCWR looks great as well. I know Dynamax has a good reputation for fit and finish but, I'm concerned that it may be more on par with the Thor Four Winds/Chateau Super C's (for which I've seen VERY FEW good reviews). The Isata 5 is coming in at a price point really close to the Thor units and below the Jayco Seneca.

We don't have any dealers in Tucson that carry (or plan to) the 5 series. I'd love to hear any comments from anyone that's had a chance to see one up close and personal.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:23 PM   #26

Stay away from anything with a V10 engine. Just lost one with 5,324 miles in a Coachmen Encounter 37TZ... Nothing but problems from Coachmen/Forest River throwing away their brandname and blaming Ford and Ford playing around for day #9.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/v10-...es-312528.html
Sultan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:00 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hmm. The Ford V10 has been a great engine for many RVs and many miles.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:41 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace2day View Post
It should also be noted true customization is only possible with showhauler, Renegade, and Haulmark.
Nexus will build anything the way you want it. I researched them pretty heavily a couple years ago and was impressed. Decided not to buy at the time. Might revisit them this off season. The 2005 Leprechaun is starting to nickel dime us with repairs.
Wife mentioned yesterday we should consider upgrading. It's always easier when it's her idea.

Tags
class c, motorhome, motorhomes, quality