Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2019, 03:22 PM   #1

Quality Products ???????????

General Quality Question:

I constantly read bad reviews for virtually every make and model thats out there covering everything from poor service , poor customer service , poor construction and so on.

Can anyone in this blog encapsulate this in a short answer : does any Class C manufacturer truly stand out in regard to quality and best value for the money???????

Thanks,
Steve
Norvyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2019, 03:36 PM   #2

All manufacturers use the same sub equipment. The build of the unit depends. Just like buying a car. Crap shoot if good/bad. Same with an RV. You have to remember that you are driving your house down our wonderful roads. I am very happy with our 2012 class c. but its an older build.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:25 PM   #3

Lazy Daze

http://www.lazydaze.com/
Old 09-11-2019, 06:04 PM   #4

^^^^
Correct answer

There are several recent threads on the topic of Class C quality. Here are two:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f87/class...et-458489.html
Class C Recommended Manufacturers?

My post on the first thread listed is here.

Read the one above that, by Ron Dittmer.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
niceunits, basics, solid ideas but imo short on some stuff.. to bad they are too far.....
sibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norvyet View Post

I constantly read bad reviews for virtually every make and model thats out there covering everything from poor service , poor customer service , poor construction and so on.

Can anyone in this blog encapsulate this in a short answer : does any Class C manufacturer truly stand out in regard to quality and best value for the money???????

Thanks,
Steve

I didn't know Lazy Dayz manufactured RVs??

Now, Ask all of the RV buyers from LD who were made promises about the LD Owners Club and then LD changed the rules what they think....
Old 09-11-2019, 09:02 PM   #7

Your confusing LazyDaze RV manufacture from Montclair CA with the RV dealer in Fla. I owned a LazyDaze class C for 8 trouble free years. Find the LazyDaze owners forum on line. Very informative.
deanansley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norvyet View Post

Thanks,
Steve

Winnebago has been around since the late '50s, and while they may not always lead a particular class or type of RV in terms of overall fit and finish, they've been around for a long time. They must be doing something right to hang in there this long, while others come and go.

Thor Industries has been around for a while too, often buying up the small fry that are beginning to show signs of failing, or that are already on the brink.

You'll see all sorts of pro kudos and con critiques of just about every manufacturer on these forums, and it's easy to get the impression that all manufacturers are mainly interested in profits at the consumer's expense, and that may be true in some/many cases, but either way, that's what keeps the best shops in business over the long haul. To keep profits up, you have to produce something that people want to buy, and buy again, and Winnebago has been around for a long time.

Just sayin' and FWIW.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:42 PM   #9

Winterbagoal,
Your reply makes perfect sense to me and I agree -- the Winnebago company has been around for a very long time and is probabaly more reputable than most. Its absolutely amazing to read the horror stories posted by RV owners describing the many, many defects after they take ownership of a new rig and then the horrific wait times at dealer service or the total lack of customer service. Looks like another opportunity for the Japanese or Germans to take over another American industry just as they took the automobile market away from us.
Thanks for your response,
Steve
Norvyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1v3fr33ord1 View Post
Read the one above that, by Ron Dittmer.
Thanks for saving me the trouble of posting it again.

The short answer to Norvyet's original question is "yes".

I need to add the following in my article.
If looking to buy a well used or otherwise old motor home....
With age, use, and being outdoors all the time, slide-outs become susceptible to leakage which damages the surrounding flooring. So carefully inspect the floor around it. Lift up carpet. Look along the sides. Look under the rig. Wood that has a gray color has repeatedly gotten wet and is likely damaged or worse yet rotten.

For this reason, we ordered our rig without a slide out. We want our rig to outlast us which we hope is at least 35 years from the date of purchase in 2007.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:24 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dittmer View Post
Thanks for saving me the trouble of posting it again.

The short answer to Norvyet's original question is "yes".

I need to add the following in my article.
If looking to buy a well used or otherwise old motor home....
With age, use, and being outdoors all the time, slide-outs become susceptible to leakage which damages the surrounding flooring. So carefully inspect the floor around it. Lift up carpet. Look along the sides. Look under the rig. Wood that has a gray color has repeatedly gotten wet and is likely damaged or worse yet rotten.

For this reason, we ordered our rig without a slide out. We want our rig to outlast us which we hope is at least 35 years from the date of purchase in 2007.
I agree on slides in any unit, it is a place were stuuf can go bad, any brand and over time..

I cant say more than here,here, to the onepiece fiberglass/SMC units or sectionals.. Less seems the better..

The shortbus RV I have is a converted shuttle bus.. It has 3 seams, glued and capped, the only leaks over time are windows and the cab lights... It is a 1994 and has about 200K...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130420_093054.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	462.3 KB
ID:	260074  
sibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanansley View Post
Your confusing LazyDaze RV manufacture from Montclair CA with the RV dealer in Fla. I owned a LazyDaze class C for 8 trouble free years. Find the LazyDaze owners forum on line. Very informative.

TY for the clarification.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:22 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbagoal View Post
Winnebago has been around since the late '50s, and while they may not always lead a particular class or type of RV in terms of overall fit and finish, they've been around for a long time. They must be doing something right to hang in there this long, while others come and go.
Lazy Daze has been a family-owned business since 1956. IMHO, you really should at least investigate Lazy Daze. Just sayin'.

Tags
quality