Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #1

Question Question about trading for a Dutchman Motorhome.

I've had a guy wanting to trade my 2011 Gulfstream travel travel. Model 24RBL. And my 2007 XLS Ford Escape with only 62000 miles with new tires, radio, brakes, etc for a 2007 Dutchman Class C motorhome with only 3397 miles, 31P model,

Ad of the motorhome here: 2007 Chevy workhorse 6.0 engine, 3,397 miles like brand new, 4000 onan generator 32 hours, super slide, split bath, queen bed, entertainment center over cab with 1/2 bed, bought new never wet, selling due to health reasons only. $38,200.

Is this a good deal? Thanks, Bob

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If selling for health reasons, why then trading for another RV setup?

Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I certainly would not trade for a Dutchman.

Low generator hours could be a problem. The generator has only been run about 6 hours a year and it needs to be exercised 1 hour/month as a minimum (under 1/2 load). So I would expect a minimum of 72 hours.

Ken
Old 04-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #4

Thanks for the information. I'm most likely not to trade because the motorhome cann't haul some stuff I have in a storage shed anyway. I'm going to sell my escape and by a Ford or GM Cargo van to pull the camper and haul my stuff at the same time. Looking to buy a 3/4 or one ton van. I just hate to haul all this family stuff around with me all the time.

Thanks, Bob
Old 04-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbob52 View Post
Thanks for the information. I'm most likely not to trade because the motorhome cann't haul some stuff I have in a storage shed anyway. I'm going to sell my escape and by a Ford or GM Cargo van to pull the camper and haul my stuff at the same time. Looking to buy a 3/4 or one ton van. I just hate to haul all this family stuff around with me all the time.

Thanks, Bob
Now I'm rethinking about this motorhome because it might just be a excellent deal. Owner has told me he paid 94,000 new for motorhome and here is some options he bought for it,

The camper has the chevy 6 l engine,4000 onan generator,electric step, super slide,artic pack,power windows,power door locks,day night shades, queen bed never sleep on,artic pack,delux wheel covers,16 ft awning, awning over slide,2 tvs both with boosters,enertanement center with half bed,captains chairs,3 way refigerator,auto lite water heater,split bath with walk in shower, porcelin comode,tow pkg,microwave,stove with oven,running boards,emergency start should battery fail, 2 new delco batteries.

He wants 30,000 dollars plus my 24RBL 20011 Gulfstream travel trailer.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #6

It's still a 2007. Does he have clear title? I personally prefer to buy from a dealer where there is some possibility of a warranty, even if a short one. I would recommend you have a good rv tech/mechanic check it out also. I don't know the value of your Gulfstream, but I've seen other Dutchmen 31P's for sale from 38,000 to a high of 49,000.

Don
Old 04-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post
It's still a 2007. Does he have clear title? I personally prefer to buy from a dealer where there is some possibility of a warranty, even if a short one. I would recommend you have a good rv tech/mechanic check it out also. I don't know the value of your Gulfstream, but I've seen other Dutchmen 31P's for sale from 38,000 to a high of 49,000.

Don
He has a clear title. I'm going to check it out this week. He said he has kept this motorhome in a pole barn from day one when he bought it new.

Thanks, Bob
Old 04-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbob52 View Post
He has a clear title. I'm going to check it out this week. He said he has kept this motorhome in a pole barn from day one when he bought it new.

Thanks, Bob
Good, many owners take good care of their MH, it's a large investment.

I messed up once and bought a MH without due diligence, , and most purchases are 'as is' unless otherwise specified in a contract. So it wasn't that 'great' of a deal.

I did end up fixing it and using it for 10 years though, once fixed it was

Don

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome