Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-10-2015, 06:22 AM   #15
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We bought our Aspect with 50,000 miles on it. I have since put on close to 30,000 miles on it with no problems. Those Ford V10s and Transmissions are pretty much bulletproof if you take care of them.
I would rather buy a high mileage motorhome that has been taken care of than a brand new one today. All the stuff that broke has likely already been addressed by the previous owner, and they took the depreciation hit. In the five years we've owned this motorhome the only thing I have had to fix was a refrigerator door hinge and the regulator for the stovetop. Oh, and one tiny roof leak which was due to my own ignorance regarding maintenance

Burns & Diane
2005 Winnebago Aspect 26A/2012 Subaru Impreza toad
Illinois! - Where the politicians make the license plates......
baraff is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2015, 11:25 PM   #16
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My 2006 has 138K. It had about 120k when we purchased it 3.5 yrs ago. Burns zero oil. I've driven it alone thousands of miles Hassel free. Hubby and I use it for camping and I use it for dog showing and trips to visit family.

We have it serviced all fluids checked and oil changed every 4k or 9ms which ever comes first per our extended warranty requirements.

Last year I drove it from WA to OH rt. This coming May I'm headed to Nebraska from WA. I put 425K on my E350 van with no issues sold it because we bought a diesel 4x4 E350 van conversion.

I think the real key is keeping on top of normal Maintenance.

We learned the hard way with our first rv to also check the rubber roof every few months for signs of wear and small holes to prevent leaks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TheDogNPonyShow - Bellingham WA USA
Road Home of BlackFyre Arabians & Belgian Shepherds
"Love what you do, Do what you LOVE!"

2006 Four Winds 28A, Ford V10, E450 Toad 2000 Geo Tracker.
DogNPonyshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:51 AM   #17
We have a Tioga 31M and love it. Like everyone else said, it depends on how its been maintained. High miles on a coach that has been well cared for is better then a coach that has been sitting for too long. good luck
mattdillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:30 PM   #18
Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by mattdillon View Post
We have a Tioga 31M and love it. Like everyone else said, it depends on how its been maintained. High miles on a coach that has been well cared for is better then a coach that has been sitting for too long. good luck
I'm deciding between a 31M and 31N. I need a designated work space. I like the size of the bath and privacy of the hallway/bedroom in the 31M, but I like the second booth option in the 31N. So, have to make up my mind before summer! Thanks.
Campermomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:31 PM   #19
Winnebago Owners Club
We purchased a used (6 yrs old) Class C a few years ago with low miles....cost us a fortune in hoses, tires, etc because it sat! I wouldn't hesitate on a older model that has been used and gently cared for, BUT, with the suggestion of others, spend the money to have a reputable RV repair place go thru it. Water damage can be a curse, so please be careful.
Notice you are from FL, there are tons of RV repair places around, but ask around for a reputable one. Go to local RV park and talk with owners and ask them who they suggest. We have a good one near here in Melbourne...they are out there just ask around. Please check fire extinguisher dates too if there are any in the MH.
Good luck in your search.
Safe travels.
Andi & Jim from Florida
Labs: Tank, Roxy & Russell
& Sometimes Grandbassett Lucy
Kdsgone2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:21 PM   #20
I just purchased a 2008 with 80k and made a 500 mile trip home without hesitation. For me it was a better value and it won't be sitting much as we make a couple of weekend trips per month. A thorough inspection is a must, if one has been driven and not serviced you will more than likely have drive train problems down the road. IMO engines are built to be ran and serviced, I would much rather have one with a few regular miles on it that one that has sat for a long period.

Either way YOU have to feel comfortable with the purchase, good luck.
JustinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:29 AM   #21
Agree emphatically (except for tires).

Originally Posted by BWDog View Post
...There is no 10 year rule.

George Schweikle Lexington, KY
1999 Safari TREK 2830, FMCA 190830, Safari International chapter
1995 Safari TREK 2630, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote