Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2018, 10:11 AM   #29

That 2015 Thor Chateau 33SW Super C you have looks very roomy and love the fact it's a F-550 chassis with Ford 6.7L diesel...the best of both worlds...how the leg room when the slider is in? (love the way the master bed is set-up too!
Lonnie and Allie, 2014 26' Fleetwood Searcher. Retired from US Army and the Boeing Co. Life Member: NRA, 4th US Cav Assco., 25 Infantry DIV. Member of AARP, AUSA, NCOIA, Purple Heart Assoc, DAV, Sgt Major US Army Brotherhood of Tankers.
Lonallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #30

2017 Forest River Forester 3011S
Full Paint looks nice have put about 7k miles on it and tow a Jeep. I notice the paint chips easily.
Spare tire should have been bumper mounted rather than under frame.
Coach uses a phone app or wall mounted touch screen in living area and bedroom to turn on all lights, water pump, water heater electric and gas functions and start generator. Found very inconvenient to use system to turn on lights and generator module was not keeping track of run hours. I installed my own switches and generator controls. cabinetry is average and fit is average. Did not come with GPS so I had to install that. Rear view camera shared with radio display so had to buy a monitor to have full time rear view display. Real happy with the Ford E450 which has the new automatic tranny. Does less shifting than my old 2008 class c.
Overall I would give it a 6. I would bump it up to a 7 if they had wired switches and controls rather than use a wifi phone app to do something stupid like turn on a light.
rfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:34 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonallie View Post
That 2015 Thor Chateau 33SW Super C you have looks very roomy and love the fact it's a F-550 chassis with Ford 6.7L diesel...the best of both worlds...how the leg room when the slider is in? (love the way the master bed is set-up too!
I assume you are asking about the leg room in the driver cab area? It is great. I'm 6'5" and I actually moved the seat forward a bit.

We travel with 5 dogs, so must have room. It is very roomy and we have plenty of space to get around the dogs and each other.

The master bed is actually a king size! We do love the fact that you can walk all the way around. It's a bit tight around the back side, but doable. When the slide is in, you can still get to the bed, you would just have to crawl over it since the slide pulls in right to the end of the bed.

But we love the layout, the space, plenty of power, drives great, and it doesn't get blown around by trucks on the road.
agilabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:45 AM   #32

Quote:
Lonallie, I see you are in Covington. What part? My wife and I just moved from there 2 years ago to FL with my work. We were in Winterwood Estates off Covington Sawyer Road.
agilabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:25 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ours: 2016 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 28Q. We looked at every make and model of a gas-powered 26-30 footer with a walk around queen bed and this was our choice. 10,000 miles on the odometer. So far, it’s a “10”.

"To travel is to live"
travelboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:25 PM   #34

Rankings

There were some nasty surprises with our 2017 Minnie Winnie 31D (purchased Oct '16). But between the dealer and the service department in Forest City, all issues have been resolved to our satisfaction at no charge. One should build into his thinking the idea that an RV will be maintenance intensive and set money aside for non-warranty repairs.

If I had to go out and buy a new RV tomorrow, I would still choose the 31D.
The floorplan, fit and finish, overall integrity, etc are good. We camped for 11 weeks last year and found the RV to be very easy to drive, park and set up. We had no issues occur during that 6,200 mile trip. The rear bed is very comfortable- the bedroom has tons of storage and shelf space. The pantry set up is fantastic. Outside storage is more than we need.

2017 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31 D A solid 8
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:26 PM   #35

Nice looking and I like the floor plan. How is the leg room for driving? Seems like whenever all have to move slideout in most are cramped, except Chevy's and some Diesels
Lonnie and Allie, 2014 26' Fleetwood Searcher. Retired from US Army and the Boeing Co. Life Member: NRA, 4th US Cav Assco., 25 Infantry DIV. Member of AARP, AUSA, NCOIA, Purple Heart Assoc, DAV, Sgt Major US Army Brotherhood of Tankers.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:29 PM   #36

Are you comfortable with the master bed being tucked in that corner like it is? This is an issue my wife has with ours...
Old 07-17-2018, 02:12 PM   #37

Quote:
Are you comfortable with the master bed being tucked in that corner like it is? This is an issue my wife has with ours...
The bed is centered in the 31D. You can walk around the end to get in/out, make up etc. There is a huge overhead storage cabinet above the bed. It requires crawling up on the bed to access. I an 5' 11", cab is comfortable. Front seats swivel. The main TV is very nicely mounted over the dinette and visible from all positions.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:53 AM   #38

ok...mine is sort of like yours and wife feels closed in so next one I get will have to be more open...that's why this thread is very helpful for me...thanks
Old 07-20-2018, 08:55 AM   #39

We went from a 2004 Class A 35 ft Bounder to a 2014 Class C 28 ft. Thor Freedom Elite with about 6,000 miles on it. Losing 7 ft of storage was a challenge but made us get rid of things we really didn't need to carry. There are a few other things that took some getting used to, like the smaller shower and not being able to walk around the bed. All of those things were easily overcome. Driving the Class C is much easier and we can now get into some of the National campgrounds that cannot take over 30 ft. units. We installed hydraulic levelers. They not only help the leveling but also the stability. The tow/haul feature is great as we tow our car on a trailer and drive in many mountainous area. We had a problem extending the slider. There is a reset button in an outside compartment. You need to reach way inside. I needed to use my cell phone to take a picture of the reset directions because it is so far in I couldn't see it. Once I figured it out, all was good. We are happy with the change and I would give the Thor an 8.
SanDee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:09 PM   #40

Send a message via ICQ to Pat Z Send a message via AIM to Pat Z Send a message via Yahoo to Pat Z
We bought a Four Winds 24FE on a Sprinter Chassis by Thor last August. First issue you can not get into the bathroom with the slide in. Door open about 10 inches and the knob takes up 3 of that. First trip removed door and put accordion door in its place. Bathroom is extremely tight, shower slider falls off unless you hold it at the top when opening or closing, water pump switch is at the step none in bath so if you forget to turn it on before going in, well you know. The dinette seating is very uncomfortable to try to watch tv if you have to stay inside. Radio replaced twice, going in to have awning motor replaced and fridge does not work on lp. Two rear stabilizers are for looks only, useless. When the slide goes out pronounced lean on that side, it is great for emptying your tanks though. Has 4830 miles on it.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:26 PM   #41

1st Cav Div. (RVN). DAV.
Cavalier18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:45 PM   #42

Class C

We bought a 2012 Fleetwood Tioga DSL 25R from LazyDays in Tampa last December. They took VERY good care of us and fixed everything while we were there. First trip was driving home 1300 miles. We learned a lot on that trip, but no problems. Next trip was this past June, we covered 4500miles, and again, not a problem. So we've put close to 6000 miles on it so far and love it. My wife has a hard time getting around, so the rear slide bed was her choice. As far as driving, it's as easy as a pickup truck, and very comfortable. We are loving it, and hope for many more long trips in the future.
Billbetwade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c