Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2018, 04:04 PM   #1

Rank Your Class C

Curious what people really think of their class C’s quality. Give your year, make, model, miles driven and floor plan. Rank 1-10. 10 being perfect with no issues. 1 being a [moderator edit] lemon.
bandit99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2018, 04:19 PM   #2

Last year I bought a used 2012 Thor 23A with a Ford E-350 chassis. Triton V-8. It has a 130,000 on it, no troubles at all. The coach is in near perfect condition. I added air shocks and replaced all the factory shocks with good quality units. On our maiden voyage we did over 7,000 miles round trip. No problems except for my local mechanic overfilling the transmission oil and having about 2 pints of fluid blow out the vent and make an awful mess under the chassis. I am happy with this purchase and only have about 26k invested.
HankfromSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:42 PM   #3

We bought a one owner used 2005 Itasca. We love the layout and have nothing to complain about with the coach. We have had a few mechanical issues, but nothing serious and nothing that I would consider beyond routine maintenance for a 13 year old coach.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:48 PM   #4

Ditto what Teamfoxy said regarding our 20 yo Safari
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:14 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
We have owned a 2008 Jayco Seneca 35GS for about 3 years and would give it a rating of 7, but only when compared the two previous motorhomes we've owned.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:09 PM   #6

2016 Forester (Class C) 3011DS, driven approx 3,000 miles. A few minor issues, mostly caulking issues. No major problems. Would rate it an 8.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:44 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Had a 1997 fleetwood tioga 31w kept it for 8 years,never a problem, sold it and got a monaco Dp, poor driving coach c sold it, got a 04 monaco diplomat 39ft hated the way it drove plus was a money pit,sold it and got a very low miles never lived in fleetwood tioga 31m class c love it,replaced what fleetwood calls a couch eith 2 reciners,drived good rate both fleetwood class c a 9, mind you that i wont buy anything newer than a 2009 f ue to all the financial issues the tv companies went through
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:44 PM   #8

Bandit and Hank....

I can't put a numerical value to our coach, but I will say that it is far and above what I have read about other new coaches.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:45 PM   #9

Purchased a used 2013 Thor Citation 24SR 3.0 litre Diesel engine with 6,600 miles on it in August of 2016. Purchased a 4 year 48,000 mile warranty and glad we did. Replaced Generator switch, awning motor, skylight motor, step bolt and tightened power connections in belly. Purchased six new tires as current tires were ok, but six years old. Def sensor replaced by Mercedes Benz under warranty. We currently have 28,000 miles on the motorhome in just under two years. Bought it to use it!

Because of the comfort and floor plan I would rate our home on wheels an 8! Wife loves to drive it and we don’t need to tow.
CampFire Junkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:09 AM   #10

Interesting question, and something I sometimes ask in person during RV campground strolls.
Bought our 2007 Four Winds B26 Siesta (27 feet), E-450 a few years ago and am 3rd owner. Floor plan is exactly what we wanted (bedroom slide, walk-around Queen, living area slide, vanity/sink across the aisle from the bathroom, nice fibreglass caps front and rear with no cab=over sleeping, front engine diesel, alum ladder, spare tire). I think the only thing we didn't get was the dinette, and have the jackknife sofa instead, but it's a small issue. We've only put 10K miles on it so far with no problems.
From what I've seen, build quality is better than average and would score it around 7.5 to 8. One beef is the poor wearing 'Luxor leather' which is a joke phrase for cheap vinyl seat covering. Recovering with leather is on the wish list and maybe a swivel base for the passenger seat.
Siesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:24 AM   #11

2003 gulfstream ultra 31 ft
Give it a 7
Replaced a rotten bath floor due to shower drain pipe broken, PO did it I was a rookie buyer, minor issue fixed easily.

No real place to solidly mount a TV

Fuel line split on the sending unit inside the tank, be on off all the studs holding sender.

Couch and booth seats really uncomfortable.

Lots of storage

Solidly built, replaced the skylight appears to be 3/4 " plywood on roof, everything under floor is spray foamed , no critters get in.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:06 AM   #12

2016 thor freedom elite 22fe. ford v-10. 39000 on it so far. all minor issues, most of which i repaired myself. i would give it a 9.
repairs under warranty
1. dash a/c switch
2. awning motor

upgrades
1. tankless hot water heater
2. window insulation/ front window cover
3. front end alignment/ tightened steering box
4. at&t mobley zte
5. vizio 32" and sound bar

honestly, from all the reading. the less bells and whistles, the fewer the problems. more enjoyment.

patrick
pjciii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:03 AM   #13

2002 Lazy Daze 26.5 Mid Bath on Ford E450. 123,000 miles and still going strong. Definitely the highest quality of the 4 rv's we have owned. Never has left us stranded except for a flat tire once. I did have to change the water pump last year lol. I'd give it a 9.8 rating and I don't believe there is a 10.
Lazy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:29 PM   #14

We've a 2009 Lazy Daze Mid-Bath with 58,000 miles. When it's below freezing, we're warm inside. When it's blistering hot, we're cool inside. We drive with a light touch and it's a quiet ride. As things have aged or worn out, we've replaced or upgraded. Some upgrades were just for fun like a new bathroom faucet. We've never been stranded or had an RV related emergency. All our appliances are the original equipment. I'd have to agree with Lazy Lynn ... 9.8.
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c