Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2017, 05:05 PM   #1

Ready to buy Mercedes Sprinter Motorhome

My wife I recently sold a second house that we have and want to buy a Mercedes Chassis Motorhome. We've looked around and have the floorplan we like, but are still undecided/confused on manufacturers. The Coachman Prism 2200FS, Thor Four Winds 24 SS are a couple we've looked at online. Can anyone give us their 2 cents on experience likes/dislikes on a similar model? Thanks!!!
--
Cheers,
Jim & Sharon
Jungle Jim S is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2017, 05:12 PM   #2

The LTV is by far the best in this class. A little more money but when you walk through and compare to the others, the difference is clear.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...YReJcS107j-vAN
Old 11-16-2017, 05:17 PM   #3

Here is a Sprinter Forum that you can join. Lots of good discussion here.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11
Old 11-16-2017, 05:37 PM   #4

Thanks for the help!!!
Old 11-16-2017, 06:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Jim S View Post
Thanks for the help!!!
Jim, here is another link you will also find interesting.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=60965
Old 11-16-2017, 11:37 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
We've been happy with our 2008 Winnebago View on the Sprinter chassis. It's been our best RV yet. One thing I did was to upgrade the shocks and install sumo springs. Both improved the driving experience. Take a look at the different brands that have the Sprinter chassis and take note of build quality by the motorhome manufacturer.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:03 AM   #7

Don't overlook Coachhouse RV. Extremely solid, well built coach. The Platinum II is on th MB chassis. Priciest of the bunch but for good reason.
islandbum561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:02 AM   #8

Take a look at the Dynamax Isata3 24FW. I research Sprinters for over a year and settled on the Isata3 as having the most standard options for the cost. The full wall slide makes for a lot of space in a compact RV that we can take pretty much anywhere. We have owned ours since May 2017.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	90A57589-B6DD-44C6-A99D-0064D6FE6A48.jpeg
Views:	606
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	183091   Click image for larger version

Name:	859F2745-E49A-488D-B6FE-33E7612094F2.jpeg
Views:	630
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	183092  

milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
We also have the Isata3 full wall unit and bought it new (2017 model) in July 2016. We have taken 3 major trips (3-4 months each and 15.500 miles) and are about to set out on our next 3 month trip. Don't over look this versatile model. WE are quite happy with ours.

momdoc
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:48 AM   #10

I believe one of the things you really need to strongly consider prior to your purchase is how much space you want / need vs the layout. LTV is a nice unit, but there is not a lot of room inside them (IMO). I have seen and spoken with people using Sprinter van/campers (similar to LTV) and space seems to be man issue when used for more than a few days at a time. This also includes storage space. When looking at other units, such as Dynamax, Leprechaun, Forest River, Navions, etc (all being MBS 24 footers), you will see differences in builds. This can be in quality of materials, design, appointments, etc. Re,member though, that the frame, engine, and driveline are all the same regardless of which MBS unit you purchase. This leads you to the consideration of space, weight and overall carrying capacity. If you like the full wall slide and the layout, then you are giving up carrying capacity and storage space. If you like the Dynamax and Winnebago units, you are paying more for appointments and decor. we really spent a lot of time researching and capturing and finally came down to looking at the Dynamax Iwata or the Forest review Sunseeker MBS 2400R. Since appointments were the only difference, I had a difficult time justifying the additional $20 - $25K difference in price and opted for the 2400R, which by the way, has a larger cargo space and overall carrying capacity than the 2400W (wall slide). Your choice will depend on the following I believe: layout, how many people will be using the unit, pets?, how long you intend trips to be (takes space into consideration), and do you plan to pull a toad? Our unit is the 2017 FR MBS 2400R and we pull a Jeep Wrangler Sahara with to. Could not be happier with our choice (although we do wish there were more choices on interior color schemes). Hope this helps.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:53 AM   #11

If you don't mind, mr milkman, I'd like to pick your brain. I too have been researching Sprinters. It's confusing on how many different manufacturers there are. Seems to be a regional thing. I'm in Northern Cal near Reno, Nv. I really don't wann buy sight-unseen. You know, quality of cabinets and all the fine details. How did you solve that delimna??
Old 11-17-2017, 11:00 AM   #12

HighDesert, that is really good info. It'll just be my wife and I and our four, yes (4) wiener dogs. Our trips will probably not be long in time, but long in driving time. We live in Northern Cal and plan to travel during the snow months here. I have friends dotted all across the U.S. and want to see the east coast. The storage space is important, I think, but we also want the Queen bed. I think I like the bathroom with the whole side slide out better the than the bathroom with the rear slide out.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #13

Bought a Pleasure-Way Plateau XL with the Murphy bed.
No slides, huge bathroom/shower.
Just two of us and a few cats.
Perfect layout for us.
Taken two, one month trips so far and wouldn't want anything any bigger.
16,000 miles on the Sprinter and no problems.
Getting 17 mpg on and average.
Driver/passenger seats are very comfortable.

Buy the layout you like.
You may want to rent something close to the size you want to see how you like it.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Jim S View Post
If you don't mind, mr milkman, I'd like to pick your brain. I too have been researching Sprinters. It's confusing on how many different manufacturers there are. Seems to be a regional thing. I'm in Northern Cal near Reno, Nv. I really don't wann buy sight-unseen. You know, quality of cabinets and all the fine details. How did you solve that delimna??
I looked on RV Trader and there were no Isata 3 in CA or NV dealers. We were lucky that the largest Dynamax dealer is in TX about 3 hrs from our house. Dynamax is not a volume manufacturer and the demand is greater than their production capacity.

I don’t mind traveling to look at RVs and visited the Tampa RV Super Show two years in a row. The Pomona show just ended in CA, but if you can get to the Tampa show you will see everything available from all brands.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome