Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #1

Rear Camera and Radio at same time?

My 2011 Fleetwood Jamboree 31P has an in-dash screen with a radio/rear camera monitor combo. I have a small motorcycle hitch carrier and would like to monitor it as I drive.

Is it possible to keep the rear camera monitor screen on and listen to the am/fm radio at the same time?

I am finding I can only watch the rear camera OR listen to the radio, not both at the same time?
\Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You do not say what brand radio/screen you have. On my 2012 Tioga, I could have the display set to the camera, and when I touched the screen, it changed to where I could adjust to the radio, DVD, etc. A couple seconds later, it jumped back to the camera view. It would still be playing whatever I had set up. It was a Pioneer set, I think.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:53 AM   #3

I will check on the brand when I go to storage today. My screen stays on radio and doesn't switch back to camera unless I put the shifter in reverse. To monitor the rear while driving, I lose the radio function. I was just curious if this was normal. Thanks
Old 12-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #4

It is a Magnadyne M1-LCD. I found the book on it and it's not clear regarding my question.

As far as I can see, the camera monitor screen is only available when the shifter is in reverse or when the radio is off and camera is selected.

I would like to listen to the radio as well as watch my toad! Maybe an upgrade is inevitable, or add another monitor?
Old 12-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #5

I agree what you are asking to do is something you should expect. From the Motorhome radio and camera units I have played with they do monitor the rear camera (and are switchable to do same for side camera as needed) such as you describe and for a towed vehicle while listening to the radio, CD or MP3 aux. jack. My own unit has a Jensen Radio that does this. I looked up your user manual online (http://dealers.magnadyne.com/MagPubl...-UM_Rev._B.pdf) and after looking at each page I only found information as you described where you can activate the camera from the home screen. Sorry to be of little help but I understand now why you are having difficulty reaching the desired results. Maybe somebody with you unit has found way to do this.
Pathfinder75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Does it play when in reverse? If so, there is a wire coming from the radio that is the lead for reverse activation. Put a switch on that lead and you can switch between reverse( camera) and radio.
Hurricane Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #7

Thank you for your replies. Hopefully someone with the same unit can respond.

To be clear, I am looking to listen to the radio AND monitor my toad at the same time. Presently, I can only do one or the other, not both at the same time. I'd like to know if this is a wiring issue or is the Magnadyne designed that way?

Dan
Old 12-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Your unit has 4 inputs. Try the front camera input, it is manual select. It may come on with the radio.
Hurricane Owner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, radio