Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #1

Smile Rear view camera

Need some info on camera for class c,
suggestions on brand, cost and quality.
Prefer ones owned and used by owners.
Thanks

taki44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
U can buy a new system for $ 100-150.00 on e-bay

Old 07-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I would strongly suggest that you only use this company on eBay for rear view camera systems.

Backup, Rear View items in Automobile Rear View Camera Systems store on eBay!

There is a lot of junk being offered on eBay so be careful.

Here's an article written by the owner of the eBay store I had referenced in the above link that explains rear view systems.

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT REAR VIEW CAMERAS | eBay

I purchased one of their rear view cameras to install on the back of my cargo trailer.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 07-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #4

Try Rosco rear view camera system. Can buy through Amazon or direct. Very good reviews.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #5

Rosco

I bought a TST wireless system while back. After two faulty cameras, I shipped it back. I bought a Rosco STSK5665 which is wired. Excellent video and it has a speaker to hear the DW when backing up. I have not permanently attached on the RV. I just nylon tie it to the ladder and then run the cable though the back storage door. I had to drill a hole through the storage area to get it inside the RV, no big problem. I bought one of the cigarette trash cans the fits in the cup holder. A few screws and everything works. I didn't really want to drill hoes in the dash for attachment. It also has a year warranty over most others which are 3 months
Old 08-03-2013, 04:28 AM   #6

Still looking for the right rear view camera

I have a 40 ft class A diesel

The 7" B&W Jensen monitor for my rear view system failed a while ago. I've done without a monitor because dealers told me that my camera was incompatible with the new flat screen 7 " viewers. I tried a cheap automobile b-u camera system, and never got better than a snowy signal on a too small screen.

I have 2 questions
1. I'm ready to buy a wired system and hope that the wire that was with the original system will work or will serve to pull through a new wire. Any comments?
2. I assume there is a power supply somewhere as there is a power switch for 'camera' on my console. For motor homes, the view is necessary any time I'm rolling not just in reverse. Any comments?

BTW this forum has been very helpful for me in the past for appliance repairs, power step repairs and numerous other posts. Thanks guys.

Jaggerdog
2002 Safari Zanzibar
CAT 3126
Blue ox tow bar and brake supplement
2002 Acura EL toad
2 standard poodles
Old 08-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #7

Dr4Film tells you true. I bought and installed three (3) 7" systems from Leviathan and they've worked without problems in all cases.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Helen pns View Post
I bought a TST wireless system while back. After two faulty cameras, I shipped it back. I bought a Rosco STSK5665 which is wired. Excellent video and it has a speaker to hear the DW when backing up. I have not permanently attached on the RV. I just nylon tie it to the ladder and then run the cable though the back storage door. I had to drill a hole through the storage area to get it inside the RV, no big problem. I bought one of the cigarette trash cans the fits in the cup holder. A few screws and everything works. I didn't really want to drill hoes in the dash for attachment. It also has a year warranty over most others which are 3 months
See Ed-Helen pns post on 07-28-2013 on The Rosco Camera System they purchased.

Randy K. Ala.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #9

Rosco recommended hard wiring under the dash. There is no way for me to be on my back trying to do that. I just bought to cigarette adapter from Autozone and it works fine. It also has a wire for in reverse only. I did not hook it up. One of these days I'll cut the extra wires to make less of a mess on the floor. In our Chateau, Ther is a small area behind the converter and when at a site I wind up the wire and store it there. it take about a minute to hook up the camera when ready to roll.

Tags
camera