Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2016, 02:38 PM   #1

Refrigerator

I have a 2008 coachman concord, and am new to rving, and the unit came with no manuals. My question, on the refrigerator there are 2 switches 1 on or off, and I auto or gas. I want to turn it on in auto mode the night before we leave while on shore power, so I am assuming it will run on electric? Does it switch to to gas once I get underway? There also is a switch on the control panel marked lp gas. Does this have anything to do with the refrigerator, or just the hot water heater? Thanks in advance for any, and all help
Bob
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2016, 03:24 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Not sure about yours, but both I have had, turn on, set to "Auto". They worked on electric when plugged in to 15 amp outlet, then when I unplugged, it automatically switched to propane. Just be sure propane is on and I light a burner on the stove for a minute to be sure the air is out of the line. Takes a while if it's been turned off for a couple weeks or more.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:31 PM   #3

I leave mine on auto. It uses electric if it's avalable and switchs to gas when I pull the plug.

To defrost it, I turn it OFF.

If you have a water heater that works with electric and gas, the GAS switch is probably for that.

I don't have an electric water heater so the switch says HOT WATER.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:25 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Get the make and model number of the frig unit. You should be able to Google it and find the correct operations manuals for the unit.

I downloaded all the manuals for all my appliances, then printed them and had them bound ot the local Staples. I keep these manuals in the MH
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:17 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
Get the make and model number of the frig unit. You should be able to Google it and find the correct operations manuals for the unit.

I downloaded all the manuals for all my appliances, then printed them and had them bound ot the local Staples. I keep these manuals in the MH
Nice thing about Winnebago, all those manuals come with. As did our old Airstream MH. Lots of reading there! The Airstream even had full wiring schematics for 110 and 12 volts systems.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:05 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Leave he switch in the auto setting. I leave mine that way. When I have 110v it runs on elec. when no electrical hookup is goes to gas. The LP gas switch in your control panel most likely is for your hot water heater. I turn it on only when there will be large HW needs like when everyone wants to take a shower now! Or if boondocking, (which I only do rarely).
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 03:05 AM   #7

Thanks to all for the good advice. I will look for manuals when I return from this, our first weekend trip.
Old 12-31-2016, 03:09 AM   #8

Thanks for that too. 😊
Old 12-31-2016, 03:12 AM   #9

The last thank you was for Unplanned's tip on making sure that the gas was on. Haven't got this posting procedure down yet either.

Tags
refrigerator