RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2017, 05:57 PM   #1

Renegade verona le

Hello rv'ers! Looking at full timing in the near future. Considering new renegade verona le (40lrb?). Anyone have any pros and/or cons?!
Appreciate some insights...

KENNYV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2017, 08:58 PM   #2

Going to pick up a 36VSB in 2 weeks so I don't really have first hand experience. But a PRO I can see is you will never be over GCVW and it would be tough to put 7,000 lbs of cargo in the unit itself.
over engineered for us, but I like that.
Bruce

deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:07 AM   #3

Looking forward too pictures 😜 From all I've read Renegade makes a great Super C rig!

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:07 PM   #4

Kennyv and others....Just got back from two weeks and 3100 miles in my Verona VSB, this was really the firstt big trip since getting the coach last fall. The M-2 ran flawlessly and i averaged 10.7 MPG doing (when I could) 71 MPH to FL and back to NH. I have had zero problems with the chassis or coach. Ride was a little "harsh", I ran 112 lbs all around and I only loaded about 1/3 of a tank of water, I think more weight would calm her down some? Seats are comfortable, I did 603 miles on one day and 791 on the second day to get home here to NH in two days! That is how comfortable the coach is. I wil say it is not anything like the pushers that I have had where you just kind of sit there and get "dopey" you have to drive the M-2, it is a real truck, breaks are superb, acceleration from 60 to 78 is superb. I really like the double latched bulkhead doors, the all steel bins, the center of the coach AC drain is very nice and the fact that everything has worked perfectly says alot about Renegade's PDI approach. I wil say both my wife and i were hesitant about the washer/dryer, never had set up in previous coaches, the units work flawlessly and we wil never be without them again, did four laods in two weeks with one being done going down the road! Good luck with your order/pickup.
ragoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:10 PM   #5

PS....the M-2 cab lacks storage bins, etc...I purchased a center console from Build5fab.com and are very happy with the unit. Custom built in the US and offers three storage bins, two power ports and a nice nest for your ScanGuage. Little pricey at $385 but the folks i dealt with were superb. nice product that you al should consider.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:16 PM   #6

That's a great testimonial! Glad to hear it was money well spent. Just a matter of time(hopefully),before i can offer another great story "from the road" !! Thanks for that...
Old 03-29-2017, 08:25 AM   #7

I tell it the way i see it and if I fealt any differently I would share my feelings. Oh yes, i do not like the M2 headlights at all, I had Freightliner laser aim the lights before I left ($80.00, robbers!) and they are worse than before. I had purchased Silverstar's for low beams and I just now purcahsed the even more powerful Silverstars and we will see. You can sent the entire asemblies away and have them retrofited with projection HID's but I just can not justify the $800 fee yet. Good luck with your search and purcahse, just do not go with any Forrest River, (Jayco/Dynamax) Thor or Nexus products you would be just wasting your money IMO.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:45 AM   #8

I was considering jayco and dynamax,but renegade seems to offer more for the money. Also seems better quality materials...
Old 03-29-2017, 09:50 AM   #9

Ragoodsp - Thanks for the report.
I have only driven my VSB from Denver to Phoenix on the return trip from picking it up. My first fill up I only avg. 7.6 mpg, but it was VERY windy.
I haven't been able to fill the tanks since getting back to figure out my second tank mileage.

I will be going out this weekend with it loaded, I'll try and report back.

Bruce
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:26 AM   #10

ragoodsp- I agree 100% with you on the M2 headlights, they are terrible. Who were you looking to send them to? I have been trying to find a solution for the problem too. Thanks!
mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:17 AM   #11

Moosebuckle.....DeepSpacelightining.com was the outfir i was consdiering sending my OEM housings to. I just purcahsed another set of Silverstars the newer and brighter EXZ (soemthing like that) vs's the regular Siklverstars and I want to see how they work? Will let you know, anything should be beter than the OEM set up.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:25 AM   #12

a quick guess is that your PSI for the tires is considerably too high....

check your overall weight against your tire manufacturer numbers and you might find that you only need 90 to 95 psi.... you'll also feel the comfort much more so!
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:50 AM   #13

You may be right in the pressure. I have asked Kevin Erdman what they run going to shows but I have heard nothing back. Running at 112 is contributing to my high 10 MPG I am sure
Old 04-01-2017, 08:08 AM   #14

Mister T.....as I am sure you are aware the door sticker States 120 front and 110 rear. Ofcourse they max the tires out for liability reasons. I will get her on the scales but my guess is I am running very light with H2O tank only at a third