Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Replacement of crt TV in Fleetwood 26Q

First off, I want to replace the CRT TV in my Fleetwood 26Q Class-C. It's located in a cabinet behind the Passenger Seat just to the right of the entry door.
Has anyone else done this? The TV is not digital, but it is a 12vdc TV. I want to replace it with a 12vdc. model. I have seen some at Wal-Mart aka China- Mart. So I can probably find one that's about the right size. I believe the TV is a 13in, (haven't measured it yet).
The TV that's in the cabinet is on a swivel base so you can watch it while in the bunk over the cab, but we have never been able to get it to turn.
If anyone else has done this do you by chance have any pictures of the job. I don't want to go to CW and buy one and or have them do the install (because of their connections with RV.Net GS and Affinity Group) I have a locale RV repair shop that I would like them to install it.(if I can't do it)

I am open to any suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

If We Can't Haul It....You Don't Need It ! Motor-T
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I found that most of the 12v models are not as good of quality for the $$ as a 120V model. Especially avoid the ones that are 'under the counter' for kitchens and such. Just seen too many failures based on Amazon and other purchases folks have made. For me, I ended up mounting mine (19" Vizio) where I could access 120V and mounted it on the cab partition. The tuner on my model has turned out to be excellent, allowing me to use the existing roof antenna. If you are really wanting a 12v one regardless, there are a few out there; I suggest reading 'real user' experience with reliability. I've researched the models that folks use in vans for rear-seat viewing and the quality was so-so on the ones that I tried out. Those may be more durable for road use, though.
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #3

Look for a tv that is actually 12 volt.
I had picked up a Vizio 20" Razor and it has a power brick whose output to the TV is... 12 volt dc.
...so in the spring I am installing a 12 volt plug for it and will find a socket adapter to fit.

Tags
fleetwood, replacement