Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2013, 02:40 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
replacing standard seat to swivel

We have a 2013 25' Prism 2150 LE diesel on Mercedes Chassis. If possible, we want to change the standard seats to ones that swivel. Has anyone done this and if so, did you replace the base to swivel base or have to replace the entire seats? We checked with Forest River and they were vague on giving a direct answer. Eurocamper has swivel bases for Mercedes seats. However, before doing this we would like other's thoughts and/or opinions.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
You can change the base it's the part that swivels I would go to the maker of the seats and see if they offer a answer for you.

Try this ste also might be a start

RV Furniture,Commercial Truck,Van Seats,SUV Truck Seats,Van Tops

Old 04-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I just bought the swivel for the passenger seat from the Sprinter Store. Put it in last weekend. Very easy to do, and no, you don't have to fireplace the seats. This just goes on the base. We decided to just do the passenger seat. It does raise the seat a tad, and you have to remember to raise the seat before you swivel!
Old 04-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
swivel seat base

How did you determine which base to buy? I cannot find any name on the seats or any identifying numbers. What were your reasons not to do the driver's seat? It seems it might get complicated with the parking break but it would be nice to have both seats swivel. Did you have to drill any holes or make alterations to install the seat? What was the freight cost? You have encouraged me to try it on the passenger seat. Thanks
Old 04-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcha View Post
How did you determine which base to buy? I cannot find any name on the seats or any identifying numbers. What were your reasons not to do the driver's seat? It seems it might get complicated with the parking break but it would be nice to have both seats swivel. Did you have to drill any holes or make alterations to install the seat? What was the freight cost? You have encouraged me to try it on the passenger seat. Thanks
We have a Mercedes Sprinter chassis, so had to go with the sprinter swivel. There are only two of us so thought we would just do the one seat. We can always do the driver later on. Again, it does raise the seat about an inch with the addition of the swivel. It does not look like it is much harder to add it to the drivers - there were instructions on doing it with the parking break. you don't have to drill any holes, but do need the correct metric sockets. Total cost was something in the $250 range, if I remember correctly.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
My husband installed the passenger swivel after buying different hex head wrenches from what the directions indicated. I ordered the driver's side because we are so pleased with the extra sitting space and ability to utilize the front part of the motorhome. Seems like we have twice the space. I put a small table between the seats for our laptops thus allowing use of the kitchen table.