Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Rr, could you-would you pass along the Ebay link for that swivel base ?
Remmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am not sure about class C's but rotating seats are normally after market item, not a factory item. For example the "Captain's Chairs" in my Class A are Steelcase products... they rotate.

They may be a bit much for a "C" however.. but then I don't know .. I suspect they make one in your size too.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #17
Rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmag View Post
Rr, could you-would you pass along the Ebay link for that swivel base ?

Remmag

Here is the link not sure if they will ship to usa items are very heavy cost may be prohibitive but same must be available in usa. Easy to fit especially if you have access to a workshop and a small welder. I only bought one cost £54.00 or $88.00
Qty 2 Motorhome Boat Van Truck Tractor Bus Seat Swivel on eBay (end time 11-Feb-10 12:53:54 GMT)

Hope this is helpful
Rory
Rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
[QUOTE=wa8yxm;592405]IClass A are Steelcase products... they rotate.
/QUOTE]

Uh. Sorry.. I meant FLEX-STEEL not Steelcase
Old 01-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Flexsteel does not sell direct retail, but the do have a retail locator on their website www,flexsteel.com Hope this helps.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #20

Ror, just where did you buy that rotating base. I can't seem to find it.
BearTracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #21

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfl69 View Post
Ford Van Seat Bases,driver,passenger seat bases

They have the swivel seat but WOW $229 each seat plus shipping.

When I read your post, the first thing I thought was I don't need seat and all, just the base. Holy cow, that IS just the base!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I am not sure about class C's but rotating seats are normally after market item, not a factory item. For example the "Captain's Chairs" in my Class A are Steelcase products... they rotate.

They may be a bit much for a "C" however.. but then I don't know .. I suspect they make one in your size too.
My class C had a low back swivel behind the passenger seat, across from the dinette. I pulled it out a couple weeks ago, replaced it with a reclining bucket seat from Astro conversion van. There's no where to rotate the front seats due to the layout. but changed the original front bucket seats for a set that matched the rotating one in the rear... I can at least now recline (if I move them forward a little....)

If you don't mind used.... try a auto salvage yard, many full sized conversion vans had rotating rear bucket seats.... (or just the bases....)
moreforles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #23

I have a 08 Gulfstream BT Cruiser (3 slides model) i would love to be able to swivel my passenger seat, my rv has electric seats, i called discount van & Truck, they said the base they supply should fit as long as i do not have standard seats, its just over 500$ for the base & shipping as i live in N Ireland,has anybody used one of these bases has i don't want to buy it & it dosen't work????
Stuart0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #24
Rr

Hi Stuart
You don't need to pay that sort of money I just found some for you on ebay £58.00 see link attached below. These are the same ones I used, you need to be a bit handy with the spanners and welder but mine cost me another £30 each by the time they were fitted. My suggestion buy one and do the passenger seat first as the driver seat is very very difficult to do and not really a great succes as it will only part swivel. Depending on your seat frame when fitted it may lean back towards the windscreen when fully swivelled we cured this with a small cushion. Don't have an RV anymore so can't go out and look for you, going European van next probably 8 year old S 820 Hymer. By the way we live in Gloucestershire UK.
Hope this helps
Ror
link;
Motorhome Boat Van Truck Tractor Bus Coach Seat Swivel on eBay (end time 18-Sep-10 12:17:19 BST)
Rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #25

Hi Ror thanks for your help, i spoke to steve from signature & he said that he can get the swivel base i need & they are around 150.00 each i just have to wait until they are ordering again hopefully this month.if anybody else need these bases contact signature, these bases are crash tested for insurance etc.
stuart
Stuart0411 is offline   Reply With Quote