Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2019, 09:45 AM   #1

Rubber roof small puncture opinions???

So, while out I noticed a small puncture in my roof. We keep our c covered but there is some soft spot (probably a 10 inch diameter or so). The rubber has loosened from the plywood in this section. I don't think the rot is too deep but it's definitely there.

SO, what are y'alls opinion on repair?

2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 22B
Valent is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #2

I would slice it open enough to replace the rotten underlayment. Then glue it back down and seal the cuts with eternabond.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finance View Post
I would slice it open enough to replace the rotten underlayment. Then glue it back down and seal the cuts with eternabond.

Definitely seems the right way to go. It's just such a small puncture (probably between an 1/8 and a 1/4 inch) that I hate enlarging it.

Old 07-23-2019, 12:54 AM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would Eternabond it and the keep and eye on it; that patch (might) be good for another 10-yrs, or may need further action in 3-4yrs?
Old 07-23-2019, 10:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
I would Eternabond it and the keep and eye on it; that patch (might) be good for another 10-yrs, or may need further action in 3-4yrs?

Definitely my first thought
I keep it undercover except when we are traveling/camping so it's not an immediate issue. I am giving it time for the wood to dry out and then will reevaluate. If I do go this route, I am wondering about squeezing some glue/epoxy/ dicor to reattach the loose rubber membrane (maybe a 3-4 inch circle) back down before covering with Eternabond

Old 07-24-2019, 08:42 AM   #6

Well very good news with this. The wood seems perfectly solid. The sponginess is from the rubber membrane coming loose and stretching.
Any ideas on best product to reglue the rubber onto the wood that can be inserted through the small hole???

Old 07-28-2019, 05:35 AM   #7

I have almost the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valent View Post
Well very good news with this. The wood seems perfectly solid. The sponginess is from the rubber membrane coming loose and stretching.
Any ideas on best product to reglue the rubber onto the wood that can be inserted through the small hole???

I don't have a tear but do have loose rubber roofing about 8 to 10 in. circle. I have posted here before about it. But, still not sure what kind of glue is rubber roof friendly with wood underlay. Also, not sure if I should cut it to fix. I was thinking about cutting a small place in the middle and putting some kind of glue in there and then try and spread it. After that use the eternabond tape over the slice. If anyone knows the proper glue please advise and thanks.. Might just take supplies on trip and fix it if it needs.

Tags
roof