Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2011, 02:07 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Saw my new dream RV today

I went to CW today to try to find some lens covers for my clearance lights. Of course, being my RV is so old, they probably don't have any, but the parts lady shot an email to the parts distributor and I will find out tomorrow if they have any laying around or if I will have to redo all my clearance lights. While I was there, I went looking through some of the RV's they had for sale. I didn't like any of the DP's floorplans at all. Then I went into a new 2011 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 31A Motor Home Class C and my goodness, I loved it. The cabinets were the cherry wood and the layout was really nice. It had the bunks beds each with their own tv and the front bunk with it's tv and the queen bed. If ever I get enough money, this is what I want.

svdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2011, 04:53 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are on our second Windsport and love the layout with 3 slides. We could spend more and get a Winne but find the Thor Fourwind product is just right for us. Love the Ford v10 engine and from what I can see on this site most like the v10 overall.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:56 AM   #3

I for one love the V-10 Ford. I have had 3 of them, they are bulletproof compared to the old 454 and 460. Sweet running mill.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:37 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
That type of rig is ideal for a growing family.

Many DP's are basically luxery suites for 2.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #5

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We have never camped before let alone owned a RV but have tossed the idea around for years. FINALLY decided in July that we are not getting any younger so we decided to take the plunge! We purchased the 2012 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31A and we LOVE it! Our kids are grown but we knew we would be taking the grandkids occasionally... it is wonderful--they have their own TV's to keep them entertained. We went this past weekend to a RV show with our daughter and I can honestly say that I didn't see anything that I liked any better!(I'm sure my husband was relieved)
Old 09-13-2011, 08:42 AM   #6

Ski-Pat--It's great to see that some one is happy about what they bought after they have had a chance to use it. You are going to experience some problems, we all do with every make and model. Usually not real serious, aggravating. How aggravating depends a lot on your dealer and his service policy. Your Manufacturer is a good one and been around a long time. If you have dealer problems don't hesitate to call the factory cust sv department, they will usually help promptly.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzyblueye View Post
Ski-Pat--It's great to see that some one is happy about what they bought after they have had a chance to use it. You are going to experience some problems, we all do with every make and model. Usually not real serious, aggravating. How aggravating depends a lot on your dealer and his service policy. Your Manufacturer is a good one and been around a long time. If you have dealer problems don't hesitate to call the factory cust sv department, they will usually help promptly.
We are going to Utah the end of october for two weeks for a her maiden extended voyage. Have done a couple of weekend trips with no problems so far.

Mark

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
First time RV owners here too. Wife insisted we take the plunge since the kids are now teenagers. Only a few years left before they start heading off to college. Bought the Thor Four Winds 23U and are loving everything about it. We are mainly boaters so we went with the 23 footer. We are weekend warriors (darn job keeps getting in the way) and it's been great to be able to hitch the boat and go at a moments notice. Minor issues with screws coming loose, toilet seat lid falling off from crappy california highways. Nothing major so far with only 3 trips under our belt.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Oh I'm sure it won't be "smooth sailing" all the time. Nothing ever is as problems are to be expected with anything you purchased this day and time! Although, so far I have been very impressed with the manufacturer. A representative has already called us twice to see if we had any questions. Said they would be calling us periodically to make sure we were satisfied with our purchase and if we should have any questions prior to their calls just to contact them. Now---if we should have any problems may become a different issue but I would hope not! As you said, Izzyblueye, the manufacturer has been around for a while. The only problem we are experiencing so far is not being able to get away as much as we would like.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:28 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
I have the same floorplan in the Jayco 31FS and love it. Di-spite some electrical issues early on it is a very nice coach. Before you buy look at the other bunkhouse models and see what you like. The thing that sold me on Jayco is that they offer a 2 year warranty and lifetime cabinet warranty. Everyone else is 1 year on everything. You will find that all of the new ones are on the Ford V-10 platforms and the floorplans are similar it is just the gingerbread that makes them separate.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
We are going to Utah the end of october for two weeks for a her maiden extended voyage. Have done a couple of weekend trips with no problems so far.

Mark
The Utah trip was fantastic. No problems whatsoever. Stoped by the North Rim of Grand Canyon on the way back. I like it much better than the South Rim.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
Glad the trip went well and hope you have many happy memories in it!

I am scheduled to take mine in to be rewired and have the most up to date radio installed next week. They will also take care of my punch list and see what can be done. Wish me luck... I've only been working on this since the first week of July.