Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2015, 09:05 PM   #1

Question Securing cabover storage

Hello RVing experts!

I recently acquired a new-to-me Thor freedom elite 21C. One thing I really love about my new class C is the over cab area. It is a very comfortable bed when I have company and lots of storage when I don't. However, I would like to find a way to easily secure the storage so I don't have to take everything down every time I move the RV. Because I also use that area as a bed, I need to be able to undo whatever it is I do so that I can sleep up there. Has anybody done anything like this or have any bright ideas?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2015, 09:52 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindLass View Post
Hello RVing experts!

I recently acquired a new-to-me Thor freedom elite 21C. One thing I really love about my new class C is the over cab area. It is a very comfortable bed when I have company and lots of storage when I don't. However, I would like to find a way to easily secure the storage so I don't have to take everything down every time I move the RV. Because I also use that area as a bed, I need to be able to undo whatever it is I do so that I can sleep up there. Has anybody done anything like this or have any bright ideas?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Hi Patty and welcome,

I'm a solo fulltimer and I usually leave the cab over bunk folded down. I put stuff a foot or so from the edge and it doesn't fall off. If I do fold it up I have a Harbor Freight cargo net that hooks to screw eyes for some bulky items. I don't knoiw if you want to deface a 2014 like that. You do need to keep those items faily light. Some have had leaks from flexing. If you install screw eyes make sure they won't hit your head.

I'm woking on placing a "half" or "split" queen matress up there. It would slide back for sleeping and the forward to open up the pass through. The matress will slide under some built in storage. Thirty inches wide is plenty for one. After around 5 years full time, a fitted bottom sheet would be heaven.

I currently use canvas "bins" or "boxes" for storing socks, t-shirts, and the like in the forward part of the cab over. In the morning I grab what I need before I climb down.

In another thread you mention a trip to Maine. LLBean is a must for outdoorsy people. On the way up there used to be a similiar place called "The Kittery Trading Post". That has been... well, before you were born. God, I'm old.

I'm sure you know from your sailing days that solo is a lot different from coulpes and groups. Sadly some here don't realize this. There really are no good solo forums. You also mentioned LOWS. I don't belong but I've met solos who consider it an excellent resourse. Check with them before you make a firm decision on a toad. I've met very few solos who use one. Actually talking to someone beats the internet hands down. You can actually see what others do and have done and if it might work for you. There are a lot of solos out here and most won't post on any forum.

Good luck.

mangy dog

Old 10-24-2015, 07:18 AM   #3
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
I use that anti-skid matting you put into cabinets to keep things from moving around. Just roll it out and cut to length. It has worked surprisingly well.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:42 PM   #4

What about a cargo net?

Tags
storage