Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #155

And the Class A Winnebago Via you can get with a bed over the front seats that comes down from the ceiling so sleeps more. Very cool, driveable Class A, we really liked it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2014, 09:01 PM   #156

Class C

Front coil springs and a much better front suspension than a class A.
Lower center of gravity
Cab is like a normal van with doors, power windows, air bags.
The sun does not blare into your eyes because of the overhead.

Rides and drives much better.

The Class A gas has front leaf springs and a straight axle is why it tough to drive.
I have had both and feel the class c is a better rig.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:20 PM   #157

I think some people should be ashamed of themselves. I kind of like the B+.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:28 PM   #158

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Most of the "B+" I see are basically a "C-" (no bunk). A "B" uses a van body. The manufacturers are really labeling them more for marketing and sales.
Old Radios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:25 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Radios View Post
Most of the "B+" I see are basically a "C-" (no bunk). A "B" uses a van body. The manufacturers are really labeling them more for marketing and sales.
This term has been around for a long time bc they used to manufacture more of them. Ours is 13 years old and said B Plus right on it. You are right, they are a subform of a C, lower in height, a little narrower, with no overhead bunk. The reason manufacturers label them is they are very different than a regular C, originally marketed for people that wanted something a little bigger than a B and smaller than a regular C. So why people on here fight this is so silly to me. It seems to me the problem is the name itself, some can't wrap their heads around it being called a B+. I don't think anyone when buying an RV says to themselves, is this on a cutaway chasis? They want to know size, tank sizes, how many it fits, etc., how much gas mileage, etc., storage. Altho some did blur the lines and make a couple longer, most were 25 ft or under. I will repeat this to ad nauseum, our 25 ft B+ was lower in height, no overhead bunk, narrower, and got much better gas mileage than the C's with the same engine, also slightly less outdoor storage. This is IMPORTANT to consumers. When we were looking for a new B or B+, we ask specifically for a B+ when shopping. I live in an area with many bridges, etc. also. B+ was a smart term in a way, bc it had a little more to it, larger tanks also, than regular B.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:31 AM   #160

Could someone please explain to me the difference between a B, B+, and Class C? Just wondering if anyone happens to know for sure.

Seriously now. I have never seen a better job of hijacking a thread. I started this thread and nowhere brought up the subject of Class Bs. What the hell have you been thinking? I want everyone on this thread that has mentioned or gotten in the discussion about the differences in class B MHs to bend over and grab your ankles while I go get my paddle.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:08 AM   #161

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there, does it make a sound? Discuss.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:57 AM   #162

First there is no B+. It is a C without the Rug arts room over the cab.
B+ is just a marketing ploy (term)
A B is on a Van chassis. The C (B+) is on a cut away chassis. Like our Ford E450.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:55 PM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvten View Post
First there is no B+. It is a C without the Rug arts room over the cab.
B+ is just a marketing ploy (term)
A B is on a Van chassis. The C (B+) is on a cut away chassis. Like our Ford E450.
The best explanation I have ever heard.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:24 AM   #164

They are not B's SissyBoyBob. No one ever said they were. B+ is a different form of a C, which is why they were discussed on this thread. Just different, the best explanation for us being driveability and gas mileage, along with lack of overhead bunk. I know bc I own one. Don't understand the nastiness on here. No one ever said they were a B. They call them B+, but they are a form of a C.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:29 AM   #165

I look at all the stuff stored in the overhead bunk on the two C's we have/had and have to wonder why anyone would buy a B+. ;-)
Old 05-26-2015, 07:40 AM   #166

Nothermark, People want one because they drive better, like a car, they get better gas mileage, and some of us don't need the overhead bunk. We hate C's after having a B+. Drove one and hated the difference in how it drove. Marketed to 2 people or smaller families. By someone that actually owns one (unless my imagination). They were also lower in height, (important where I live with low bridges). Many B+ have less outdoor storage. They get MUCH better gas mileage. Mine was getting 12 to 13 mpg on a Ford V10, what does your C get? Hence the difference. Regular C's would get 8 or 9. So they do exist and there was a reason they are called B+. They are a marketing term for a different form of a C, but everything in business is a marketing term, it is important to consumers, which is how business works. No one ever said they were not on a cutaway chassis or a form of a C, sigh. Some here were trying to intelligently inform. And people that don't own one shouldn't say they don't exist or are the same. That's just silly and foolish.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:35 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
I look at all the stuff stored in the overhead bunk on the two C's we have/had and have to wonder why anyone would buy a B+. ;-)
We didn't need the overhead bunk for sleeping. Didn't want to haul more useless stuff with us so we didn't need the extra storage. The RV drives much easier without the huge windcatcher up front. Finally, I don't have to worry as much about the bunk area leaking or having a lot of extra weight bouncing around up there that is not well supported. Mine is a 2008 Aspect 26A.

On a different note I don't understand why some get so exercised over what class you call an RV or why mine is better than yours. I don't care what they call mine, we call it Heaven! It works for us.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:08 PM   #168

Winnebago Owners Club
Bingo! Resale Value is better, particularly when they get older

How many times have you heard the women say" I don't like these big Motorhomes, they are just too much trouble" ?

Tags
class c