Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #113

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I wonder if I get a plaque made for my Rv that says A+ will I invent a new class of RV?
I wonder why Nexus hasn't lobbied RVIA to create a class B+? For that matter I don't believe there is an official Super-C class either.
This thread started out with a question as to why someone would prefer a class C over a class A, and why. The so-called experts rating this thing and offering information are a dot com website. I trust them no more than I trust a RV manufacturer that starts to promote a new class of RV.
That being said, I agree that these modified C's are probably more nimble than traditional C class. They maybe have aerodynamic advantages that benefit gas mileage also. Arguing with someone that was sold by a manufacturer trying to create a market is pointless. We all know that most of us on here will say and do many things to justify our purchase.
Meanwhile, I've got to go look into getting that A+ badge for my RV. Maybe I've stumbled into something!!! After all, when I went to school, an A+ was always better than an A!

Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2014, 09:07 AM   #114

Winnebago Owners Club
This thread has been so far off of the mark that I am surprised the moderator has let folks vent for as long as he has. Must be he likes to let people endlessly repeat themselves about how their MH is marketed. I know I have been following each of the posts to see if the OP actually got an answer to his question.

Bottom line it does not matter what you class you identify your MH by as long as you enjoy the use of it - unless there is some snob appeal in the designation. It is really confusing when someone describes their MH as a class B+ and you have to guess what it looks like. Is it a van conversion that has been stretched and widened or is it a class C without the overhead bunk option? That is what happens when standards are suborned by marketing. I guess we will have to insist on photo ID.

This is getting way too complex for a nice simple topic that has to do with selecting a style of MH to get out into the world and travel in your home.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:24 AM   #115

I'm new around here and just have a question….do most threads turn into this kind of back and forth need to be right? It's rare I've run across a forum where it happens to this extent. And if that's the case, I provably won't stick around very long.

I came here because I'm interested in the thread title…not debating what is, or isn't, a class B+. Maybe a thread should be opened for that discussion so those of us that aren't interested don't have to sift through 15 posts each day looking for real information?
Old 07-22-2014, 09:31 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleOH View Post
I'm new around here and just have a question….do most threads turn into this kind of back and forth need to be right? It's rare I've run across a forum where it happens to this extent. And if that's the case, I provably won't stick around very long.

I came here because I'm interested in the thread title…not debating what is, or isn't, a class B+. Maybe a thread should be opened for that discussion so those of us that aren't interested don't have to sift through 15 posts each day looking for real information?
I think it's safe to say, that most threads that have gone so far off topic, as this one has, would have been closed a long time ago.
Mich F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #117

Thanks, Mich. Good to know.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #118

I posted originally to make the point that my B+ was easier to drive which was what this poster asked. He wanted a drivable C or A, and wanted to know which was better. I mentioned the B+ drove better than a regular C or A, so it was relevant. It wasn't until people got off topic endlessly saying it doesn't exist just a marketing term, it isn't lower, it doesn't drive better, doesn't get better mpg, and I knew better bc I HAVE ONE, that this came about. No reason for that. And you may be right, it is confusing for people that don't know the term as it is closer to a C than B. Nexus makes both a B+ and C for people interested as they do drive better and they do exist. I am a female, I like the drivability of them. I don't like C's or A's to drive, they are hard for me. They were made to be easier to drive and more maneuverable than regular C so relevant to this post. So I hope I answered the original post and I apologize. I think I will, in the future, call mine a B+ form of a C to stop the "haters" bc it was ridiculous. ;o)
Old 07-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjscotty View Post
You are wrong also that his question wasn't answered, bc I posted originally to make the point that my B+ rode better which was what this poster originally asked, and why I felt bad about the comments made. The original poster wanted a drivable C or A, and wanted to know which was better. I mentioned the B+ drove better than a C or A, so it was relevant. It wasn't until people got off topic bashing my B+ saying it doesn't exist, it isn't lower, it doesn't drive better, doesn't get better mpg, that this came about. And yes, you ALL are ABSOLUTELY right, it should never have been called a B+ for this very reason, it is confusing for people that don't know the term as it is closer to a C than B. And it was more common term in the past. It is a form of a C, so that is correct also, but it is a different shaped "C" aka B+. Again marketed to be between a B and C. Nexus is one that makes BOTH, a C and a B+ and they are different as they drive different, and that was relevant to this poster, so that was why I felt compelled to defend my post. I never wanted to repeat myself so sorry about that, it was just very frustrating. I am a female, I like the drivability of them. I don't like C's or A's to drive. They are a different form of a C which is why you may see C and not B+.
You never wanted to repeat yourself ? That is hilarious.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #120

Michelle, if you are actually interested in knowing the answer to this original post about an easier to drive motorhome, and it's other advantages, better mpg, etc. check out the B+ form of a C.
As someone who is a nervous A and C motorhome driver, they are great to drive.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:07 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich F View Post
You never wanted to repeat yourself ? That is hilarious.
No just trying to veer back on topic and end as you said it got way off. Too many haters/attackers lead it off topic. Peace.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #122

If it makes any difference the original poster asked for advantages of larger Class C's over A's . He bought a Class A within 4 days of his first post on the topic, back in May.
Your "B+" was never part of the original question. Peace.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #123

Quote:
If it makes any difference the original poster asked for advantages of larger Class C's over A's . He bought a Class A within 4 days of his first post on the topic, back in May.
Your "B+" was never part of the original question. Peace.
The point the B+ form of a C 30ft Concord 300TS was given as an option by me on HERE on my original post was that it had advantages over the A AND regular C, driveability being just one, along with better mpg, etc., etc. Love that one if I were going larger and stated the many reasons why. Hence Relevant. You argue here it is a C anyway so don't understand your point. Don't be like that and send off topic again, please. It is going on in another thread about the driveability difference between an A and C so the confusion.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #124

Quote:
You argue here it is a C anyway so don't understand your point. Don't be like that and send off topic again please.
Really? Where did I say your B+ is or isn't a C ? Perhaps you have me confused with someone else?
When my wife decided "we" wanted something bigger than our 24' Coachmen Class C we saw, and both liked the 283GTS Lexington, which is one of Forest River's models in your B+ style.
The first one we saw was about 6 years old, in good shape, but fairly expensive. After going back and forth about the advantages and disadvantages of that style, we ended up buying a new "normal" Class C, for less than what they were asking for the used Lexington.
We decided that what we bought, with one slide, was so much roomier and open, than the Lexington with 3 slides. So perhaps we're giving up a mile or two per gallon, but it drives just fine, and has so much more room and storage, and I would imagine a lot more OCCC.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:58 PM   #125

Quote:
Really? Where did I say your B+ is or isn't a C ? Perhaps you have me confused with someone else?
Sorry I thought you were part of the attack crew that said it wasn't a C, as you said" taking it way off topic". Spoke very strongly as a judge against that, and then doing the very same thing, certainly continuing that behavior against me. Same tag team. Again this goes off topic. Had enough "bullying". I defended my post, it was relevant, and I hope my point of the advantages of a B+ is received by those that are honestly interested. An easy way is to go Nexus and view their C's AND B+s to see the real differences in them, advantages and any disadvantages, they can have less outdoor storage, can be set up more for smaller families, etc., etc. and hopefully drive one. You will get MORE than just a mile or two as you state per gallon in a B+, A regular C will get about 9, we're getting 12-15.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:34 PM   #126

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I posted originally to make the point that my B+ was easier to drive which was what this poster asked. He wanted a drivable C or A, and wanted to know which was better. I mentioned the B+ drove better than a regular C or A, so it was relevant. It wasn't until people got off topic endlessly saying it doesn't exist just a marketing term, it isn't lower, it doesn't drive better, doesn't get better mpg, and I knew better bc I HAVE ONE, that this came about. No reason for that. And you may be right, it is confusing for people that don't know the term as it is closer to a C than B. Nexus makes both a B+ and C for people interested as they do drive better and they do exist. I am a female, I like the drivability of them. I don't like C's or A's to drive, they are hard for me. They were made to be easier to drive and more maneuverable than regular C so relevant to this post. So I hope I answered the original post and I apologize. I think I will, in the future, call mine a B+ form of a C to stop the "haters" bc it was ridiculous. ;o)
Quote:
Michelle, if you are actually interested in knowing the answer to this original post about an easier to drive motorhome, and it's other advantages, better mpg, etc. check out the B+ form of a C.
As someone who is a nervous A and C motorhome driver, they are great to drive.
Quote:
No just trying to veer back on topic and end as you said it got way off. Too many haters/attackers lead it off topic. Peace.
Quote:
The point the B+ form of a C 30ft Concord 300TS was given as an option by me on HERE on my original post was that it had advantages over the A AND regular C, driveability being just one, along with better mpg, etc., etc. Love that one if I were going larger and stated the many reasons why. Hence Relevant. You argue here it is a C anyway so don't understand your point. Don't be like that and send off topic again, please. It is going on in another thread about the driveability difference between an A and C so the confusion.
Quote:
Sorry I thought you were part of the attack crew that said it wasn't a C, as you said" taking it way off topic". Spoke very strongly as a judge against that, and then doing the very same thing, certainly continuing that behavior against me. Same tag team. Again this goes off topic. Had enough "bullying". I defended my post, it was relevant, and I hope my point of the advantages of a B+ is received by those that are honestly interested. An easy way is to go Nexus and view their C's AND B+s to see the real differences in them, advantages and any disadvantages, they can have less outdoor storage, can be set up more for smaller families, etc., etc. and hopefully drive one. You will get MORE than just a mile or two as you state per gallon in a B+, A regular C will get about 9, we're getting 12-15.
This is just this last page !!

9 pages of this thread and 8 of it are the definition of B, B+, C, ,..... RVs
Please make this merrey-go-round stop!!

(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c