Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2014, 10:24 PM   #43

We have had 4 class A's. Wanted something a little smaller.
Aspect 29' C was just right.
Driver door more useable.
Still good view of road.
More comfortable ride. ( between the axels rather than over front axel)
Lower roof. More serviceable.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #44

We like our Class C, our only problem we have had is a water leak in the overhead bunk . . . . . We too made the same reviews as have been mentioned and the C just works out better for us . . .
Old 06-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #45

Look at the Thor ACE, a combination of A and C with slide down front bed.
bearaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:26 PM   #46

Since I just got off the phone with a couple of Ford dealers who cannot service my class C it is worth noting that not all dealers will service a Class C motor home. OTOH somebody in the area is the heavy truck dealer and they can/will do the work. From being in many local dealerships for other reasons I suspect it is an access issue as much or more than anything else. Many do not have room to put a 30 ft unit inside without blocking things.

FWIW aside from the other issues we have a C because the big open front window scares the copilot to death. She likes the steel cocoon. She has a lot of company from what I have heard around.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #47

My fav by far in that size is the easy to drive B+ Coachmen Concord 300TS. It is only 9.5 feet tall, 31 ft, and has an incredible floor plan, 3 slides, just beautiful. Love everything about it. Not an A or C but a B+. Drives much better than any A or C. Don't have to worry about bridges, etc. Very beautiful, open, comfortable floorplan also. We've seen it reasonably priced also, less than the smaller one we were looking at. If I were going larger, that would be the one for us. I'm a female and have no issues driving it.
cjscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:37 AM   #48

Forest River Owners Club
Just downsized from a class A 36 foot 1997 Winnebago with one slide. It was great when we had family or friends go with us. We did a lot of national forest camping. We went to a 2007 25 foot Lexington with two slides and a walk around bed. We are getting older and use more RV parks and take our car along to site see.
dunk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:32 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjscotty View Post
My fav by far in that size is the easy to drive B+ Coachmen Concord 300TS. It is only 9.5 feet tall, 31 ft, and has an incredible floor plan, 3 slides, just beautiful. Love everything about it. Not an A or C but a B+. Drives much better than any A or C. Don't have to worry about bridges, etc. Very beautiful, open, comfortable floorplan also. We've seen it reasonably priced also, less than the smaller one we were looking at. If I were going larger, that would be the one for us. I'm a female and have no issues driving it.
Have a look at the Coachmen site. It meets all of the criteria for a Class C and Coachmen classifies it as a C.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #50

B+ or C- they are the same.

In music B sharp is identical to C flat.

Call it what you want and ignore the B+ police.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
B+ or C- they are the same.

In music B sharp is identical to C flat.

Call it what you want and ignore the B+ police.
It is a C -- period. And NOT a Super C. That is a C+

Of course she claims it drives better than any A or C but I take that with a grain of salt since I suspect she hasn't driven very many A's. Our two A DPs drover VERY well. We just didn't want or need a 40 footer any more and started to downsize. The 8 airbags under our 41 ft Ambassador provided a very nice ride - far better than on our next unit - a Super C Kodiak based Grayhawk and our current Itasca. That is not to say the 300TS isn't a good unit but rather there is more than a little support lacking for the superlatives used to describe it.

The Difference Between Class A, Class B, and Class C Motorhomes | Newmar Corporation
Old 07-16-2014, 08:05 PM   #52

Well I flubbed that anyway...

Actually in music, B sharp (B+) is the same as C natural.

So yes, a B+ is a C.

Mystery solved.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
Well I flubbed that anyway...

Actually in music, B sharp (B+) is the same as C natural.

So yes, a B+ is a C.

Mystery solved.
Believe it if you wish. But that doesn't mean others do. I sure don't.

On that theory my C+ was a D. Darn, the teacher would be really upset with a mark like that.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:07 AM   #54

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
They typically drive better. With an A you will be the 1st to an accident. I like the side entrance to a C rather than walking thru the passenger seat.
I guess Mine fits in the Super C. description.
It has a very low center of gravity(double Frame,10K front,20K rear axles), so it just laughs at side winds.
Same for the brake capacity it weighs about 14K has a 30K GVWR.
They have lots of bake power in reserve.
Same for the Towing Capacity. Although I really don't have an "official tow rating" a quick look at most any construction site and you can see a Dozer, or backhoe towed(20K is usual) by Trucks of the same chassis specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japple View Post
I like that more parts are standard truck parts.
Being a Fix-It-Yourself kind of guy this is one of my favorite parts. When I was getting my insurance set up I told the agent my "RV" uses the same windshield as Millions and Millions of Ford pickups made from 1980-1996.
Its probably one of the cheapest windshield you can buy for a pickup truck.
About 95% of all cab parts are standard truck parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Steve View Post
X2 Well put, that about covers it.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:42 AM   #55

I'd love to see it. Sounds like a real workhorse. Photos posted anywhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanic View Post
I guess Mine fits in the Super C. description.
It has a very low center of gravity(double Frame,10K front,20K rear axles), so it just laughs at side winds.
Same for the brake capacity it weighs about 14K has a 30K GVWR.
They have lots of bake power in reserve.
Same for the Towing Capacity. Although I really don't have an "official tow rating" a quick look at most any construction site and you can see a Dozer, or backhoe towed(20K is usual) by Trucks of the same chassis specs.

Being a Fix-It-Yourself kind of guy this is one of my favorite parts. When I was getting my insurance set up I told the agent my "RV" uses the same windshield as Millions and Millions of Ford pickups made from 1980-1996.
Its probably one of the cheapest windshield you can buy for a pickup truck.
About 95% of all cab parts are standard truck parts.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:53 AM   #56

C stands for CAB OVER. A true C has a large squarer-shaped cab over sleeping area and is taller. B+s typically (and this is why I mention) are lower which makes them easier to drive, can go under bridges much easier, etc. do not have the large cab-over sleeping area, which makes them more aerodynamic. A combo between a C and B. Over the years with some changes to models, yes sometimes you will see these lumped in as C's. There is a real difference tho, especially in drivability, which is why I mention it. I have an 11 year old B+ myself. SAYS B PLUS RIGHT ON THE SIDE OF IT, so no debate. Some people are confused about what a B+ is these are the B+. Those were the original B+s and this one is the same. If you like, I will post a pic of mine, and a pic of the one I am referring to. The height difference and no cab-over bed over the front make them much different in driveability than a regular C. Navions are a great point to what you refer, they will get mentioned as C's, but some that don't have the cab over bed, are really more similar to the older B+'s, and sometimes sellers will call them a C and B+ to show the difference between the models. But this one in particular, on the same Ford or Chevy cut-away chasis, lower in height, same shape, are definitely modeled after the original B+s. Some more knowledegable sellers, who have seen the older models over the years, will classify them as what they are B+s instead of cab-over C's, as they does help the buyer. As this post in particular wants an easier driving motorhome, being lower and more aerodynamic I will call it a B+ to show the difference.
cjscotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c