Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-25-2014, 01:58 PM   #1
Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Sewer connection issue

I am hoping someone can provide a solution I am having with the black/gray tank on our 2014 Four Winds Siesta Sprinter which we just purchased.

Here is a description of how the MH is set up. The sewer connection is in a compartment with a hole in the bottom of the compartment for the sewer hose. The pipe opening is about 2 inches above the opening in the bottom of the compartment. The pipe in the MH where the hose connects spins a bit between the flush valves (black on the left and gray on the right). The fresh water connection is slightly in front and above the sewer connection. The MH came with a pressure control fitting on the fresh water connection

I am trying to figure out how to clean out the tanks after flushing. I would prefer not to use the wand in the toilet. I purchased a flush king reverse flush valve. However, the side of the flush king that connects to the MH is to short to reach the sewer pipe opening. I then purchased a clear 5" extension tube to go from the pipe through the compartment hole and then connect the flush king to that. The flush king is then touching the ground. Of course, so far I have not actually connected the extension or flush king to the sewer outlet or sewer hose in case it didn't work so I could return them if necessary. But just holding them up and connected to each other it doesn't appear it will.

I have thought of a couple of ways this may work but wanted to see if someone that has a lot more experience has a better one.

The first thought was to have a short section of sewer hose connected to the MH, then the flush king, then the remaining hose to the sewer. The question I have with this solution is do you think would the water pressure be enough to go from the flush king up the short hose and into the tanks.

The second thought was to remove the pressure fitting from the fresh water inlet and, hopefully spin the tank outlet far enough so I could connect the flush king through the compartment door instead of going up through the opening.

So basically I am hoping someone has seen or had a setup like this or has another/better solution before I have to actually make the final connections with the flush king and test these solutions.

TheMrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
Originally Posted by TheMrB View Post
I am hoping someone can provide a solution I am having with the black/gray tank on our 2014 Four Winds Siesta Sprinter which we just purchased.
A "Flush King": Flush King - Valterra FK-01 - Sewer Flushing - Camping World, might be okay.... but only if it fits onto your sewer outlet without modification!

Why not simply return it and use only 1/2 the money for a real tank flusher?
Like a "Tornado Rotatary Tank Rinser": Tornado Rotary Tank Rinser with Hose.
Or one of these: No-Fuss Flush - RVWholesalers.com RV Parts and Accessories
'96 Safari

mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:17 PM   #3
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
First. many motor homes have some kind of rinser already built in

Second,, The Tornado, I defiantly second the Tornado.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #4
Have an RV shop install a San-T-Flush in your black tank (and in your gray, if you wish). This eliminates the need for external devices; far easier and less messy.
Sandie & Joel (RVParkReviews admin)
2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton CAT C-12
Follow us at http://www.facebook.com/WeissTravels.net
docj is offline   Reply With Quote