Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2015, 02:57 PM   #1

siding repair

hello everyone here's my dilemma I'm doing a complete remodel of my 1980 overland 28 footer with absolutely no experience in carpentry, plumbing or electrical but i'm sum what of an adventurer so here I am. to give you an idea of what i'm doing I didn't like the fact that the toilet was right next to the bed in the back of the rv so I decided to gut the whole thing and move the bathroom to the front where the table was so now that I've gutted it I feel like this so im sure I will be contacting everyone here frequently. anyway I've removed the window where the dinning area was which is where i'm am going to put the bathroom so I need to know if anyone has any suggestion on how to repair the siding where the window was

thanks and happy trails

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2015, 03:49 PM   #2

Normally the toilet sits directly above the black water holding tank and literally "dumps" right into it. I'm wondering how you're going to relocate and replumb those items ?

Mich F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:46 PM   #3

well mich that did pose some serious thought but I went under the coach and took mesurments and found a place online call plasticwatertanks.com and they build holding tanks so I was able to find a thirty gallon tank that was an exact match. so I ordered it blank drilled the holes in the floor of the coach put the tank in place marked it sent it back and they put the fitting in I put it on and the toilet works perfectly. rerouted the water and drain lines under the bed and it works fine.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:15 PM   #4

Sounds like you're doing pretty good for someone with no experience in carpentry and plumbing.
Mich F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:32 AM   #5

well as i said i am adventurous as i took thing out i paid attention to the set up and attempted to duplicate it. for the brackets for the tank i took a 2 by 3 and cut a groove in them and used plumbers tape for straps to hold the tank in place. alot of it seems like common sense. plus i've asked a lot of questions. but i'm really stuck on the two windows i've had to remove. i've sealed them off with lumber but i've seeking suggestions on how to repair the siding and have look not to bad
Old 09-02-2015, 12:46 AM   #6

I've found siding at RV sheet metal shops. They typically have rollers to be able to duplicate many different pattern types. If you are keeping the window, you can find the sealing tape at ACE hardware stores among other places.

Tim Bowman
1994 Montara

BurienTimmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair