Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #1

Slide problem on 2011 Coachmen Concord

I discovered a problem with the sofa/range/oven slide on my 2011 Coachmen Concord...the slide roller located at the edge of the sofa nearest to range/oven has punctured the slide floor. The puncture is located at the point where the slide rests on the roller in the retracted position. I only noticed the problem when I happened to look at the underside of the slide when it was fully extended.

Has anyone had or heard of a similar problem?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Question 2011 Coachmen Concord 301SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVwithJimmyB View Post
I discovered a problem with the sofa/range/oven slide on my 2011 Coachmen Concord...the slide roller located at the edge of the sofa nearest to range/oven has punctured the slide floor. The puncture is located at the point where the slide rests on the roller in the retracted position. I only noticed the problem when I happened to look at the underside of the slide when it was fully extended.

Has anyone had or heard of a similar problem?
JimmyB, I haven't seen this on my 301SS yet but then again, I may not have looked close enough. Did u c this hole from the inside of the coach or under the slideout when it was extended?

I have a question for u? Do u know how to drain the fresh water tank? Can't figure it out myself after asking experienced RVers, owner's manuals, an iRV forum.

r/JB in NH

Old 08-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #3

In my 05 concord 275DS it is under the bed. I can remove the plywood and reach it easily.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollybolly View Post

JimmyB, I haven't seen this on my 301SS yet but then again, I may not have looked close enough. Did u c this hole from the inside of the coach or under the slideout when it was extended?

I have a question for u? Do u know how to drain the fresh water tank? Can't figure it out myself after asking experienced RVers, owner's manuals, an iRV forum.

r/JB in NH
I saw the problem outside the coach with slide extended.

Water tank drain: I don't recall an actual drain, however, I don't normally drain mine since I live in southern Texas. Mine has a round access next to the electric panel below the fridge that contains 3 drain valves. I can't recall if the water tank will gravity feed through one of these or not, unfortunately, since my RV is in repairs I am unable to check the actual setup. If I discover something in the future, I will post an update.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #5

I had a 2011 Concorde and my drain was a round hole under the vanity in the
bathroom it was marked low point drain
Old 08-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
Has the rail that the slide rests on punctured the fiberglass? If so you have a serious problem. I would have a dealer look at it as soon as you can get an appointment. That sort of thing can get worse and it can cause the slide to fail.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinger View Post
Has the rail that the slide rests on punctured the fiberglass? If so you have a serious problem. I would have a dealer look at it as soon as you can get an appointment. That sort of thing can get worse and it can cause the slide to fail.
The slide support rail appears to be ok. The slide floor was punctured by the roller. It appears the slide frame support rail was not directly over the roller so the weight of the slide in the retracted position (and probably while moving the slide in and out) was resting on the slide floor but not the support rail of the slide frame.

I agree this is a serious issue. The unit is in shop and I am in contact with Coachmen. Thanks for your post.

Tags
coachmen, slide