Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2016, 01:14 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Slideout goes out but will not retract

Hi
Slideout works great but only when I extend it,it will not retract
I can manually retract it but other wise will not retract
I checked all wiring & all connections everything OK
If slideout extends with power but will not retract is it possible motor needs to be replaced?????
Thanks
Ted 2006 Fleetwood Jamboree 23 E
TrekGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2016, 02:01 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
just a quick clarification question so others can help you more....

Do you hear that motor attempt to operate when you click the switch to retract?

Generally, this is a simple setup where polarity to the motor is simply reversed when you click the switch one direction or another.

My first inclination is the switch itself should be replaced. They are under $20, and I've had one go bad where it would work great in one direction, but not the other - it would either not operate, or operate glitchy.

If you don't hear the motor at all, it's probably the switch.

If you hear the motor fine, but it's not moving, then something else is up.
If you hearing clunking, clanking, banging, or some other noise that makes you cringe, then this should be addressed.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:14 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks
No sound whatsoever When I operate In portion of rocker switch
+Is there a test I can perform to determine if the switch is bad????
TrekGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:53 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
Assuming it is a rocker switch, it will have 3 terminals. The middle is the + 12volts. Top is most likely slide out and bottom slide in. Remove switch and with slide out, short the bottom and middle terminal together to see if slide comes in. If so the switch is bad. If not, you may have a bad controller board.
Shellback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback1 View Post
Assuming it is a rocker switch, it will have 3 terminals. The middle is the + 12volts. Top is most likely slide out and bottom slide in. Remove switch and with slide out, short the bottom and middle terminal together to see if slide comes in. If so the switch is bad. If not, you may have a bad controller board.
If it's the switch, most RV dealers will have switches in their parts department. Pull all the wires (being careful to not short them out...put some electrical or masking tape on the ends AS YOU REMOVE EACH WIRE), remembering which wire is top, middle and bottom. Then take the switch to the RV parts department and have them give you one that is the same/close to the same. There are a couple of variants...some will have 3 terminals, some will have 6 terminals (either should work, but easier for you if they are the same).
hilgert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout