Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2018, 07:52 AM   #29

Yes, after releasing the brake, it can be pushed back in as others here have described. Question is if it takes one or two, or the whole row of camper helpers, 10+ guys to get it to move. I have one slide that goes up a ramp to get on top of the inside floor, frig is on that slide and I’m not sure the 10+ crew would be enough. Many times there is a hex nut on the motor to use a ratchet on and I cRry a wrench for that. The crescent wrench mentioned above would be another option.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2018, 01:22 PM   #30

Freightliner Owners Club
Here is a manual for electric rack and pinion slideout.
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...2_S0140_00.pdf
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:19 PM   #31

If you have a LCI trac system, they have tutorial and help videos on Youtube. On the LCI system, you have to peel back the inside seal and remove the mounting screw for the motor, and them slide the motor up to allow the gear shafts to rotate.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:40 AM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a Power Gear slide mechanism. The motor has an integral brake on it. In order to move the slide, I need to manually release the brake. There is a small lever on the very end of the motor..
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:29 PM   #33

Evidently must not be a big issue as the OP hasn't been back since the original post.

But, at least he will know how to push back in every type of slide.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:42 PM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Slideout Update

Still have a problem
Unable to retract slideout,only comes in half way & then stops I'm able to extend it back out from this point but will only retract halfway
Tried everything
Since I have no one to operate control button I am then unable to be under MH to see what is actually happening
When I operate control I hear motor running & it seems to me from what I hear the idler gear is trying to mesh with the gear tract
I'm hoping this is the case as I can place some shims between the bottom of the MH & the idler gear thus lowering the gear tract Does this make since????

I may be out in left field but until I have another person to operate the control button while I climb underMH to see what is actually happening I have no firm idea

An RV Service is coming here Tuesday & he feels we can push slideout in

I just want to get slideout retracted so I can take it to a shop & get it repaired

Thanks to all of you who tried to help with your suggestions

Has anyone had the same problem as mentioned above where the idler gear was not making contact with the gear tract????

If so what did you do??????

Motor gear and gear tract at that end are fine & work as designed

Thanks

Powergear electric 2 rail system mounted on a Fleetwood 2006 Classc Jamboree 23e

I
TrekGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:41 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
You can retract it manually, at least you can try, you said it will only go in half way, so there might be something obstructing it even when trying to put it in manually, but at least you will be able to see why it will not go in.

You said mobile guy wont be there until Tuesday this gives you some time to check it out yourself and maybe avoid a mobile service bill.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PowerGearSlideout Manual Retract.pdf (226.3 KB, 24 views)
Old 09-05-2018, 12:42 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Slideout

Problem resolved
Finally after spending many hours under my MH trying to figure out why slideout would not retract I finally gave up & had a RV repair shop come to my home & check out my problem

Since slideout did extend all the way out & did retract one half way I never gave the slideout motor or gearbox any thought

It took serviceman about 5 minutes to find problem & he said I needed new gearbox which is mounted on end of slideout motor
He removed motor & slideout was very easy to push in
They just replaced motor with new gearbox & now slideout works better then ever
Extremely happy as I was worried I may have had to tow MH to a shop to get repaired & that would have been extremely expensive
If any one is ever faced with the slideout not retracting either with the motor or by cranking in by hand just remove slideout motor ,takes about 5 minutes & then it is very easy to push slideout in
Thanks for all of your suggestions
Ted
TrekGreat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout