Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2016, 06:22 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Smaller Class C Storage

Well it happened to us; Sold the TT and found a nice Winnebago 24' Class C a couple months ago, looked like it was everything we were looking for. Took it out for the holiday weekend(2 adults, 1 child, and 2-50lb dogs), and yep we are finding that we don't love it. I'm not a fan of the rear corner bed and small bathroom with hallway sink, and my wife misses the square footage(slide out), and counter space the longer model had we were originally looking at. Trading up for a longer unit just isn't an option right now. So what are some storage ideas or mods you folks have done to the smaller rvs?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2016, 07:19 PM   #2

Smaller Winnies

Flip up counter extension
Cutting board sink insert
We sleep separately, 1 above the cab, 1 down below works for us
I like smaller Cl c's. hope you can make it work.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:32 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Look for dead space above the fridge and microwave. Sometimes you can add a door and a shelf. Also under the dinette. And sofa and bed.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you for those suggestions. We do have the sink covers as well as the stove cover. Flip up counter extension is something I'll check out. I'll also check to see what odds and ends I can fit under the dinette to help empty the other cabinets.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:50 PM   #5

Smaller Class C Storage

We're in a 22' Montara. We have found a number of small storage containers at Harbor Freight and thrift stores. Also, hanging shoe storage in closets adds more space as does using the shower as a closet are other options.

Tim in Burien
BurienTimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:21 AM   #6

Having downsized from a 36' 4 slide Fifth Wheel to a 24' Class C no slides, I understand. The two of us have two dogs, standard Poodles, one is a 4 month old puppy, (make that a living breathing chewing machine). We used the fifth wheel to stay typically a season at different locations. Now we just like to travel and I wanted simplicity, no jacks, slides, and easy to maneuver.

The rear corner birth is cozy, but I still like the layout. The puppy is in a travel cage under the dinette, the other takes the floor or between the seats when we are moving. The whole secret is to spend as much time outside as you can. We cook outside whenever possible and when not make simple meals inside.

As to the storage, add shelves to your existing cabinets, take half the stuff you brought with you that is never or seldom used and leave it at home. Since you are small and can get around towns easily, don't provision all at once for a week long trip, buy as you go a few days at a time. Go through your main outside storage and get rid of all the useless stuff you brought along. I use hooks and bungee chords to stack and secure items in the compartment. My compartment has two leveling blocks, 2 small chairs, two hoses, a screen room, small tool bag, small folding table, and a George Forman counter top Grill. Yep, say goodbye to bulky and messy propane grills.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:53 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you nosticks and Burien Timmer. A few good suggestions you both had. I'll keep them in mind, reorganize, and get rid of unnecessary items.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:28 PM   #8

We have friends with a TT and it seems huge inside compared to our 24ft Ford, they have cabinets everywhere. How long was your TT? With a motorhome at 24ft, the first maybe 5ft are cab, so you're only left with 19 or 20ft to live in.

I put shelves in one cuboard, we only have coats and decided that we only needed half the hanging space, so half shelve and half hangers.

Found room under the bed and one seat not being used, so boxed that in and made it storage.

We also keep stuff on the bed and move it to the driver cab when not moving.

There's pros and cons to everything. Storage is definitely a con

Steve
Old 09-06-2016, 11:35 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for those suggestions stevemoores. Out TT was a 24' as well. It had a walk around front bed(mh has corner bed), more cabinet storage space, a full bathroom(mh has toilet and shower in bathroom and sink outside bathroom), and a small slide for the couch(mh has no slide). I'll look into making shelves in the closet. That will open up a bunch of storage potential. All of these suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Tags
class c, storage