Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #127

Exclamation YES!

Thank God! The price of petrol just dropped below 4.00/gallon. Above that? 85 cents (give or take per mile) and time to do a major interior clean up and get back on the road.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
I'll try to find it.. Believe it was on the EAA site by one of the editors... Or maybe in the mag? Dunno, been awhile.

And I did say it was before the gas hike AND it included things like loging and food
Hmmm, even with food & lodging, either the numbers are off or they stay in much nicer digs than I do. LOL.

I've found over the years the cost flying off-site is almost completely offset by the savings of the inflated 'captive audience' prices of e wry thing from bottled water to camp site prices.

Besides, any stick time is good time!!

Old 06-19-2012, 05:44 AM   #129

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Thank God! The price of petrol just dropped below 4.00/gallon. Above that? 85 cents (give or take per mile) and time to do a major interior clean up and get back on the road.

As of now the price of oil is 83.02 per barrel I guess the oil executives will have to drink a cheaper beer...
Old 06-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #130

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post

Besides, any stick time is good time!!
AGREED!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #131

Hi Kenny, I'm originally from Oswego, too -- now in SW VA. I have an '88 24' Class C with a Chevy 350 V8 -- it gets a pretty consistent 10mpg (best 12). I think my carbeureted small block Chevy is a bit overworked -- but MH has relatively low mileage and runs really well. If you get a '90s rig ity will be fuel-injected. I'm heading north soon from Roanoke to Oswego -- mtns. in PA will probably cut into the mileage.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #132

My little 360 powered class C runs about 10-12mpg. We can run it for under $20 an hour.
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #133

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I'm a newbie and not really familiar with what's good or not as far as mpg for motorhomes. Took my new 2012 Itasca Navion IQ diesel out for my second 3-day trip from the San Francisco Bay Area down to the Santa Barbara area and back. Got 17 mpg most of the way. Went down to 15 through some suite hilly sections while going to The Pinnacles Nat'l Monument. Guess I should be pleased. Yes?
Old 06-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #134

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I was reading some earlier posts on this thread and someone made the comment that the thread was for gas vehicles only. My apologies if my above posting should have been posted elsewhere. Again, I'm a newbie and still trying to learn my way around this wonderful site. I hope I don't get any negative responses to my mistake.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #135

Fleetwood Owners Club
2001 Fleetwood Jamboree Class C. Chev 454. Just over 10 mpg alone, typically. On first "real" trip with towing a 2900 pound rig 4-down, dipped to 7.2. Trip included a mountain pass going out and returning.
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #136

Mid Atlantic Campers
We have a 2000 31' Class C (Coachmen Leprechaun) and it has a '99 V10 engine. We are getting between 7.5 and 8, and we are towing a honda CRS. Hope this helps.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #137

We tuned it up the old girl...and took on a 2 day trip with it for it the other day. We hit 14mpg!!! (but it seemed the wind was pushing us the whole way down). That's the best mileage I've ever gotten with it. 12mpg was the best ever prior.

Our Class A gets up to 14mpg, but it's newer and fuel injected. Still, that's quite impressive too.
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #138

1991 Pace Arrow, P-30 chasis, 454 with Banks ignition, ceramic headers still looking at 7-8 mpg towing a Malibu 4 down. Under 7 with a head-wind and over 8 with a tail-wind. We decided to purchase an older coach so that we wouldn't have payments and then fuel and maintenance would be our only cost. This has allowed us to do what we love whithin our budget. Newer coaches are more fuel efficient and powerful, but I doubt they have any more or less fun than we do.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #139

I have had 2 Class C gas burners, the first was a 1975 Sportcoach. 454 Chevy engine. got 8-10 mpg after getting the transmission rebuilt. Hurricane Katrina claimed her life.
I now have a 1989 Ford Jamee with a 450 ford engine. I bought her in Richmond Va. and drove back to Mobile, Alabama (900 miles) I averaged 9 mpg.

Please pay no attention to the few arrogant people that always have condescending remarks. It doesnít matter how much money you have or donít have. Most of the time RVerís are some of the friendliest people you will ever meet, but there are always a few.

The rising cost of fuel is a growing concert to RVers everywhere, I donít believe in going in debt to take a trip so I stay local most of the time, usually within a couple of hundred miles. For long trips I try to figure how much fuel will cost for a round trip and plan enough in advance to save the money to go. One of the best trips I ever had was in Navarre Beach, Florida and it is only a 2 hour drive from home.

The only thing worse than going in debt for a vacation is being stranded somewhere without the means to get your rig home, I keep my credit card handy for those situations. Even brand new rig will break down.
tech1pc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #140

2008 Coachman Freelander 29 foot...Chevy...6.0 liter 8.5-10 depending on load speed and terrain

Tags
gas