Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2016, 03:17 PM   #1

Sprinter 3500 fog lights

It wasn't easy but I accomplished getting fog lights installed on the bumper of the 2015 Sprinter 3500. I could not stand the indents MB has in the bumper if it did not come from the factory with the fog lights.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #2

Were they OEM or aftermarket?

Old 03-05-2016, 06:12 AM   #3

OEM. I don't believe after market fog lights are made for a Sprinter 3500
Old 03-05-2016, 06:14 AM   #4

By the way, love Calebash. I vacation in OIB. I will have the Sprinter there in August. I have Leisure Unity MB
Old 03-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #5

How about a photo and a description of the install? I'd like to have fog lights in mine too. Just a couple of months after I bought mine last summer all the new ones at the dealer had factory fog lights.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:43 AM   #6

We live in a very small community, near the ICW, on the ocean side of Devaun Park. Very nice area that is not in the city of Calabash, but in the town of calabash. Yes, nice place. Five people at the one of three stop lights is a sign tourist season is here.

My wife wants an rv with that murphy bed. We'd love to see it if you are down here with it. Actually, at this point looks like we'll be on traveling RV vacation in August, darn.

Was it hard to wire in the lights? I'd like to also add that but looking at the wire nest by driver's foot well, it's a mess to tap into something down there. Where did you pick up power?
Old 03-06-2016, 12:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Ken View Post
How about a photo and a description of the install? I'd like to have fog lights in mine too. Just a couple of months after I bought mine last summer all the new ones at the dealer had factory fog lights.
The 2015 Sprinter chassis I purchased did not have the fog lights I would post a photo but I can't figure out how to do it on this site
Mercedes did not make it easy to buy and install the lights. I went to a Mercedes retrofitter who said it was too much trouble to install the lughts and do the wiring. A local body shop did it for me for $ 650
I will need to do the wiring myself, but it does not seem to be a problem
If you send me your email address I will send photos
jvoit@comcast.net
Old 03-06-2016, 12:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Johnston View Post
We live in a very small community, near the ICW, on the ocean side of Devaun Park. Very nice area that is not in the city of Calabash, but in the town of calabash. Yes, nice place. Five people at the one of three stop lights is a sign tourist season is here.

My wife wants an rv with that murphy bed. We'd love to see it if you are down here with it. Actually, at this point looks like we'll be on traveling RV vacation in August, darn.

Was it hard to wire in the lights? I'd like to also add that but looking at the wire nest by driver's foot well, it's a mess to tap into something down there. Where did you pick up power?
I have a couple of jet skis I take with me when I go to OIB. Its likely I have cruised past your location on the ICB
This year will be the first year for me to drive the RV to OIB I ordered in last March and picked it up in December Usually we rent a canal home the first week of August
I have not wired the lights yet. The body shop that installed the lights did not do the wiring. I am going to wire it myself. I will keep you informed as what it took to wire it. I don't know how to post photos but if you email me with your email address I will send you photos
My email is jvoit@comcast.net
Old 03-07-2016, 12:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvoit View Post
The 2015 Sprinter chassis I purchased did not have the fog lights I would post a photo but I can't figure out how to do it on this site
Mercedes did not make it easy to buy and install the lights. I went to a Mercedes retrofitter who said it was too much trouble to install the lughts and do the wiring. A local body shop did it for me for $ 650
I will need to do the wiring myself, but it does not seem to be a problem
If you send me your email address I will send photos
jvoit@comcast.net
Thanks for the info. I'd like to have fog lights but not for $650. I'd be hesitant to splice into the Mercedes wiring myself. I thought perhaps Mercedes provided the wiring behind the bumper as the headlight switch has a position for fog lights even though my rig doesn't have them.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:06 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Ken View Post
Thanks for the info. I'd like to have fog lights but not for $650. I'd be hesitant to splice into the Mercedes wiring myself. I thought perhaps Mercedes provided the wiring behind the bumper as the headlight switch has a position for fog lights even though my rig doesn't have them.
The first shop I went to was a custom Sprinter shop who refitted Sprinters for airport limos. That shop wanted two grand to install the lights! Mercedes will not sell the wiring harness to incorporate the existing fog light switch in to the fog light wiring. I am a former aircraft mechanic and I have an elec. engr. degree. Normally, I would have installed the lights myself, but Mercedes made it very difficult to understand how the fog lights attached to the bumper . There are mystery brackets that had to be field fabricated. The brackets were not shown on the parts break down sheets. In fact the Mercedes dealers would not sell me the fog lights. If the indents were not in the bumper I would have not cared about the fog lights.

Tags
light, lights