Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #1

Stabilizers

22' class C. Currently does not have stabilizers and I want to instal some. Where do they go? Near the frame or more towards the outside? How far behind the rear axle? 2 or 4?

Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #2

What kind of stabilizers are you asking about? Mounting jacks on the frame? I did mount this on my rig. http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/ma...g%20Jacks1.pdf I had to mount it back behind all tanks & lower it over 2 ". A person has to be careful about dragging it ! These are no longer manufactured but can be found. It is the best for stabilizing but it has to hang out pass the side walls. I only have it on the rear & it really does help. I haven't decided on the front! No help found. Just people bad mouthing it!

Old 09-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #3

That system looks nice. Never seen one before, will have to keep my eyes peeled for one.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #4

You can mount scissor jacks behind the rear wheels. You would have to mount them on the frame. Since your MH is short, you don't have a frame extension to consider.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave from MN View Post
What kind of stabilizers are you asking about? Mounting jacks on the frame? I did mount this on my rig. http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/ma...g%20Jacks1.pdf I had to mount it back behind all tanks & lower it over 2 ". A person has to be careful about dragging it ! These are no longer manufactured but can be found. It is the best for stabilizing but it has to hang out pass the side walls. I only have it on the rear & it really does help. I haven't decided on the front! No help found. Just people bad mouthing it!
How much did you pay for these?

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
How much did you pay for these?
Here's where I ordered mine. BAL QTG Motorhome Leveling System Class A/C Universal Rear - $342.. I'm not sure if they have any more? For the rear you will need 26266u. The one for the front is too short.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #7

Been looking at the Waynes stabilizers,, anyone here tried them? On youtube looks pretty good,& they don't cost much.
Wayne's RV Stabilizer - YouTube
Old 09-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #8

I tried a them few years back on a class A. It helped nothing. It was a waste of money for me. I was lucky Camping World took them back.
It might work on something light like a tent camper.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #9

I am using the QTG on the front and back of my class C 28 ft. So far I think they are worth it. Some leveling capabilities with about 4 inches. It depends on how you MH suspension is loading as it is parked. Good for stabilizing. I use an 18 volt drill with a socket to speed things up. They so come with a hand tool to set them up. It took me about a day to put both on my Ford E450. I search for them on line. Found one on Amazon and the other at another site.

Don
Old 09-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntd View Post
I am using the QTG on the front and back of my class C 28 ft. So far I think they are worth it. Some leveling capabilities with about 4 inches. It depends on how you MH suspension is loading as it is parked. Good for stabilizing. I use an 18 volt drill with a socket to speed things up. They so come with a hand tool to set them up. It took me about a day to put both on my Ford E450. I search for them on line. Found one on Amazon and the other at another site.

Don
Don,
I already have the rear one mounted & it helps a lot. I'm still in doubt about the front. It's hard to get under the front end as it is without it being mounted. Have you found it is in the way & how does it look? Could you could post a picture of the front end of your rig?
Thanks Dave
Old 09-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Thy have stabilizers that go under the slides, I was looking at getting those.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Jeeper View Post
Thy have stabilizers that go under the slides, I was looking at getting those.
I have heard bad things could happen if that's done. It puts an upward pressure on the slide out that it isn't designed to handle. Worse case scenario, if you had the RV jacked up & lowered it with the jack still under the slide out...... It's temping but I would stay from it.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #13

front jacks for class C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave from MN View Post
Don,
I already have the rear one mounted & it helps a lot. I'm still in doubt about the front. It's hard to get under the front end as it is without it being mounted. Have you found it is in the way & how does it look? Could you could post a picture of the front end of your rig?
Thanks Dave

I have the photos Dave, I just don't know how to get them on this software. I quess it is something I will have to learn for the future. I will email them to you if you wish with comments.

Don