Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 63
Stabilizers

22' class C. Currently does not have stabilizers and I want to instal some. Where do they go? Near the frame or more towards the outside? How far behind the rear axle? 2 or 4?

Thanks.
__________________

__________________
Bobsbeatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Dave from MN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Motley, MN
Posts: 244
What kind of stabilizers are you asking about? Mounting jacks on the frame? I did mount this on my rig. http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/ma...g%20Jacks1.pdf I had to mount it back behind all tanks & lower it over 2 ". A person has to be careful about dragging it ! These are no longer manufactured but can be found. It is the best for stabilizing but it has to hang out pass the side walls. I only have it on the rear & it really does help. I haven't decided on the front! No help found. Just people bad mouthing it!
__________________

__________________
2014 Itasca Cambria 27K
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited- toad
Dave from MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 13
That system looks nice. Never seen one before, will have to keep my eyes peeled for one.
__________________
FizzikalJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
bearaboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 288
You can mount scissor jacks behind the rear wheels. You would have to mount them on the frame. Since your MH is short, you don't have a frame extension to consider.
__________________
bearaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #5
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Big Bear Ca.(Sugarloaf)
Posts: 1,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave from MN View Post
What kind of stabilizers are you asking about? Mounting jacks on the frame? I did mount this on my rig. http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/ma...g%20Jacks1.pdf I had to mount it back behind all tanks & lower it over 2 ". A person has to be careful about dragging it ! These are no longer manufactured but can be found. It is the best for stabilizing but it has to hang out pass the side walls. I only have it on the rear & it really does help. I haven't decided on the front! No help found. Just people bad mouthing it!
How much did you pay for these?
__________________
Mark & Carole
What a long strange trip it's been.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Dave from MN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Motley, MN
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
How much did you pay for these?
Here's where I ordered mine. BAL QTG Motorhome Leveling System Class A/C Universal Rear - $342.. I'm not sure if they have any more? For the rear you will need 26266u. The one for the front is too short.
__________________
2014 Itasca Cambria 27K
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited- toad
Dave from MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3
Been looking at the Waynes stabilizers,, anyone here tried them? On youtube looks pretty good,& they don't cost much.
Wayne's RV Stabilizer - YouTube
__________________
Quig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Dave from MN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Motley, MN
Posts: 244
I tried a them few years back on a class A. It helped nothing. It was a waste of money for me. I was lucky Camping World took them back.
It might work on something light like a tent camper.
__________________
2014 Itasca Cambria 27K
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited- toad
Dave from MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
I am using the QTG on the front and back of my class C 28 ft. So far I think they are worth it. Some leveling capabilities with about 4 inches. It depends on how you MH suspension is loading as it is parked. Good for stabilizing. I use an 18 volt drill with a socket to speed things up. They so come with a hand tool to set them up. It took me about a day to put both on my Ford E450. I search for them on line. Found one on Amazon and the other at another site.

Don
__________________
Huntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Dave from MN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Motley, MN
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntd View Post
I am using the QTG on the front and back of my class C 28 ft. So far I think they are worth it. Some leveling capabilities with about 4 inches. It depends on how you MH suspension is loading as it is parked. Good for stabilizing. I use an 18 volt drill with a socket to speed things up. They so come with a hand tool to set them up. It took me about a day to put both on my Ford E450. I search for them on line. Found one on Amazon and the other at another site.

Don
Don,
I already have the rear one mounted & it helps a lot. I'm still in doubt about the front. It's hard to get under the front end as it is without it being mounted. Have you found it is in the way & how does it look? Could you could post a picture of the front end of your rig?
Thanks Dave
__________________
2014 Itasca Cambria 27K
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited- toad
Dave from MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
IMPULSE DRIVEN's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 321
Thy have stabilizers that go under the slides, I was looking at getting those.
__________________
IMPULSE DRIVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Dave from MN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Motley, MN
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Jeeper View Post
Thy have stabilizers that go under the slides, I was looking at getting those.
I have heard bad things could happen if that's done. It puts an upward pressure on the slide out that it isn't designed to handle. Worse case scenario, if you had the RV jacked up & lowered it with the jack still under the slide out...... It's temping but I would stay from it.
__________________
2014 Itasca Cambria 27K
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited- toad
Dave from MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
front jacks for class C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave from MN View Post
Don,
I already have the rear one mounted & it helps a lot. I'm still in doubt about the front. It's hard to get under the front end as it is without it being mounted. Have you found it is in the way & how does it look? Could you could post a picture of the front end of your rig?
Thanks Dave

I have the photos Dave, I just don't know how to get them on this software. I quess it is something I will have to learn for the future. I will email them to you if you wish with comments.


Don
__________________

__________________
Huntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The ultimate 5er stabilizers! MSHappyCampers 5th Wheel Discussion 42 02-27-2012 07:24 PM
Slide-out stabilizers frankdamp Class A Motorhome Discussions 7 08-15-2010 09:56 AM
Steering Stabilizers Trooper MH-General Discussions & Problems 9 04-06-2010 09:57 PM
Trailer stabilizers wakamicamper 5th Wheel Discussion 3 10-29-2009 05:35 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.