Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2014, 08:55 PM   #1

States Park Rate

Is it possible the states that previously gave Seniors 1/2 off regular park rate will repeat this goodwill if and when the economy gets back to normal? We travel on a fixed budget and the 1/2 off rates were very helpful. Now we stay in Corp Parks only.

Thanks
hardy212

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2014, 11:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDY212 View Post
Is it possible the states that previously gave Seniors 1/2 off regular park rate will repeat this goodwill if and when the economy gets back to normal?
If you have the Senior or Golden pass/card or whatever it's called these days - yes, you will still get the discount. Some State Parks give everyone off 50% during the colder months. In TN the SPs don't honor the Senior Cards. All the COEs do.

Quote:
We travel on a fixed budget and the 1/2 off rates were very helpful. Now we stay in Corp Parks only.

Thanks
hardy212
So do we. Why pay $25 at a SP when you can pay $10 or $12 at a COE.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:17 PM   #3

So we are investing in RV storage and RV parks....would you be attracted to a clean park with a reasonable discount for your years of experience?? Yes??
Old 04-30-2014, 08:08 AM   #4

iRV2 No Limits Club
Not ALL COE parks accept the card.

Some, not many, COE parks are operated by independent contractors and they may or may offer the full discount, a partial discount, or no discount at all.

I understand this also may be the case in smaller National Parks, but have been unable to confirm it.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:52 PM   #5

State Paark Rate

I believe we as RVers of the Senior Class can have an impact on the states to change their policy and reinstate the 1/2 off rate for those of us who have the Golden Age Card. I think we should take our business to the COE parks when we can. It may be a little inconvenient at times but I think it will be effective. I say this because some years ago a Ranger in an Arkansas state park told me the state of Arkansas stopped giving the 1/2 off and it hurt the income from the parks so bad they reinstated the 1/2 off rate. Let,s let the weekenders and short vacationers have the "benefits " of the state parks. We Golden Age card holders will meet at the COE parks and have a wonderful time.

We are "Economy On Wheels".

hardy212
Old 06-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #6

Forgive my ignorance but I'm newer to Rv'ing and what does COE mean?
Old 06-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
States Park Rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaperuvian View Post
Forgive my ignorance but I'm newer to Rv'ing and what does COE mean?

Corp of Engineers

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDY212 View Post
Is it possible the states that previously gave Seniors 1/2 off regular park rate will repeat this goodwill if and when the economy gets back to normal? We travel on a fixed budget and the 1/2 off rates were very helpful. Now we stay in Corp Parks only.

Thanks
hardy212
The Maryland Golden Age Pass is $10 (lifetime I believe) and waives admission to all state parks for people 62 and over. If there are separate fees from the daily admission, these are not waived.

I have the US Parks Golden Age Pass which is also lifetime, costs $10 and waives park fees the same way.