Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-30-2016, 07:42 AM   #1
Storage Door Supports

2015 260ds leprechaun that needs some type of support on basement door--door to lightweight for gas props--any ideas except a shower rod to keep it open.

chuck lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2016, 08:06 PM   #2
Welcome to the Group!! This group works because of it’s vast knowledge.
We are Smarter than I

If a gas prop won't work, perhaps you can fine one here: https://www.google.com/search?q=imag...ih=559&dpr=2.4

MADP, Jeep, Blue Ox, SMI AFO, Solar: 900w/672a, Amish cooling unit, Lifetime: SKP & Days End
ByeTheWay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 08:25 PM   #3
Country Coach Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I just replaced mine from RV Upgrades,They are on here.You can get up to 100lbs if you need to.Mine are very heavy,I bought 80 and 100's.Put a short stick under the door where the shock attaches.Set it on a bathroom scale and get the weight needed.I checked the new ones.A 100 will hold up 100 lbs.
I have been propping my doors for 4 years.They work great now.
Doyle Chandler
1999 Country Coach,2013 Silverado crewcab
mackpeteno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 02:22 PM   #4
Forest River Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Gresand
That's odd. Our 319DS has clips above or to the side of the exterior doors to hold them open.
Gresand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:08 PM   #5
Originally Posted by chuck lee View Post
2015 260ds leprechaun that needs some type of support on basement door--door to lightweight for gas props--any ideas except a shower rod to keep it open.
Have a 2015 Leprechaun 260 DS what storage door are you trying to prop up?

If it is the larger rear on the drivers side underneath the bed slide, put an extra holding clip on the slide above the door to hold the door up just have to remember to put it down before opening the slide. Had to buy five of the holding clips to get one on e-bay.
stshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:03 PM   #6
On my 260DS the drivers side rear door hinges at the bottom. However, there's a small compartment on that side between the generator and propane with no clip, is that what you're talking about?

firedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote

storage, door